Post Your Recent Purchases!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^make sure you let us know when you buy your next pair of matching pyjamas.

I saved these from skip. Puzzle Bobble is a boot, but I am not complaining.

MVS.jpg

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Got more carts in today, but don't want to post up just yet. I still have to go down to a local vendor and grab a couple other games.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
My copy of the Street Fighter Soundtrack Vinyl just came in. Edition signed by the composer. The remastering is amazing. There's so much you're able to hear that would have been probably been missed on bad arcade speakers.
FullSizeRender.jpg

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
IMG_20160423_151625.jpg

I'm not too keen on the misspelled printout taped over the jp label, but one takes what one can get.

Edit:
After cracking it open, it turns out it's a boot.
It's on legit-looking boards, but they're the wrong boards: a PROG4096 and a CHA 42G-3.

Also, whoever made it cheaped out on the chips, opting to populate C1-C4 with 4MBit instead C1&C2 w/ 8MBit. But data that ought to be in the upper half of PDP's C rom (including several bits of text (game select, aeries get, part of the tutorial...) and some frames of animation for the player avatar) is instead reading the lower half again. Either they misprogrammed the rom chips, or the board's addressing just isn't configured for 4MBit.

Last edited:

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Just got these from a local vendor:

EjYjmux.jpg

The Ninja Masters label is obviously a repro, but a decent one at that. Both have original boards. He did also have a Cyber-Lip with a repro label, but I didn't need it as I have one coming in the mail currently as part of a deal.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Will you people stop posting about the fucking labels?

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
A+++++ SCOOP! That's a great price on those carts.
haha. i knew you'd be here for this. some lady had a system and about 10 games out for $80 (at a garage sale). I asked if she'd just sell the games. She said some, but not all because she wanted to sell some with the system. It wasn't a tough choice on what to pick. I did leave some decent games, like bomberman hereo, star wars and others. These were the best of the bunch, though.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
As usual the Japanese art is better and the whole package is just better. Do you have Kururin Squash? Is that Puyo game the same one released in US, or is it something else?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
As usual the Japanese art is better and the whole package is just better. Do you have Kururin Squash? Is that Puyo game the same one released in US, or is it something else?

I don't own Kururin Squash. I'm going to try the image out on my Wii and see if I like it...but I gotta REALLY like it to warrant a purchase. Outside of the sports titles which offer endless replay and are among my favorite sports games ever, I'm only getting games one at a time till I finish them.

I'm assuming you mean the Power Pros? That is the MLB version , which is the same as the one released on PS2 and Wii in the US. It's got better visuals then the PS2 version and no motion controls!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
got a naomi netboot setup... not much point in posting pictures you guys know what they look like...

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
QXyuEsA.jpg
Recent gets. I recommend Egypt to anyone who owns a Famicom. Really fun puzzle game.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Last week's trip to Japan made me buy shit...

For the first time in ages I bought retro gaming gear.
The stick is mint and was gotten for 2000 Yen in Super Potato, Osaka.
The Framemeister was 34,000 Yen (including mofo tax, cough cough) at Trader in Akihabara.
The Super Famicom stuff I rustled up from all over the place. Wherever I could see something cheap. Been wanting a Super Famicom again for ages as my brother and I will defo play that a lot.

Now I just need to find myself a step down converter... I'd appreciate any tips on what kind and where to get one from. I am useless when it come to voltages etc.

Also: time to post a pic of my set-up in that other thread. That CMVS that Beharius made for me is sick.

purchases 2.jpgpurchases.jpg

Last edited:

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Now I just need to find myself a step down converter... I'd appreciate any tips on what kind and where to get one from. I am useless when it come to voltages etc.
You may just want to get 240v AC adapters instead of a step down converter. It takes up less space. For the Framemeister, the power supply for the PSP 1000 or 2000 should work. For the Super Famicom, a Sega Mega Drive model 1 adapter will work. DO NOT use a PAL SNES AC Adapter. I think that outputs AC voltage instead of DC.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I don't own Kururin Squash. I'm going to try the image out on my Wii and see if I like it...but I gotta REALLY like it to warrant a purchase. Outside of the sports titles which offer endless replay and are among my favorite sports games ever, I'm only getting games one at a time till I finish them.

I'm assuming you mean the Power Pros? That is the MLB version , which is the same as the one released on PS2 and Wii in the US. It's got better visuals then the PS2 version and no motion controls!

Oh, I see now, looked like a Puyo game, but I can see their little baseball players w/big helmets.

Kururin is a lot of fun and gets really difficult. A bit like irritating maze.

If you don't have already - the Auto Modellista game is good. Ribbit King is english friendly (golf / minigames / oddness) and is about half the price of US version. Dream Mix is fun too, a SSB clone.

There's a handful of titles i've meant to try, but still haven't. Doshin the Giant, Cubic Lode Runner, Star Soldier and PC Genjin,

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Oh, I see now, looked like a Puyo game, but I can see their little baseball players w/big helmets.

Kururin is a lot of fun and gets really difficult. A bit like irritating maze.

If you don't have already - the Auto Modellista game is good. Ribbit King is english friendly (golf / minigames / oddness) and is about half the price of US version. Dream Mix is fun too, a SSB clone.

There's a handful of titles i've meant to try, but still haven't. Doshin the Giant, Cubic Lode Runner, Star Soldier and PC Genjin,

I owned the 4 Hudson remakes for the PS2 and they are amazing. Bonk and Load Runner are the best ones. I tried Doshin way back when the cube first came out in Japan and remember not liking it, but I need to try it again. I'm going to be looking for RE2 next...that one seems pricey.