Power Spikes II Dog Tag and Euro Homecarts Discovered!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm not saying my mind is completely closed on the matter one way or another... but the conclusions are solid....

Yes they are. Still, as Bobak also mentioned in his post, I'll keep an open mind about it. There's no point in starting a crusade a against an alleged faker when all we have is hearsay, assumptions and whatnot, and this is coming from someone who has read Bobak's thoughts.

I'm not convinced that the appearance of the source would do any good but hey, let kismet decide. All this super-rare ultra-collectible stuff is out of my reach anyway, all I'm interested in is protecting people from getting ripped off. Still, I doubt that this will keep people from shelling out lotsa money for these carts, so...

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
They're in Cali, and isn't Ray in Canada? Still that is a spooky coincidence
there are no coincidence on the neogeo scene... lol

Yes they are. Still, as Bobak also mentioned in his post, I'll keep an open mind about it. There's no point in starting a crusade a against an alleged faker when all we have is hearsay, assumptions and whatnot, and this is coming from someone who has read Bobak's thoughts.

I'm not convinced that the appearance of the source would do any good but hey, let kismet decide. All this super-rare ultra-collectible stuff is out of my reach anyway, all I'm interested in is protecting people from getting ripped off. Still, I doubt that this will keep people from shelling out lotsa money for these carts, so...

Fuck it ! But Also

i'm the only one, that thinks its strange Dion login for the fisrt time today, in 10 years?

Last edited:

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Allright. So, I guess the mod section is talking about it right now. Do you think we will see your opinions today on the matter?

Feel free to post a recap of the most relevant facts you read on excellent bobak post. when we will have the green light we will repost the entire post but a recap can be posted right now.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
at this point shawn should take the invitation, so in case this is fake we have a name/address and can start filing charges.

no?

Hellraizah

World Soccer '96
Added Young, “I am very excited about this opportunity. It is refreshing to be working with a company that is so dedicated to understanding and meeting their customers’ needs. I love being able to do the right things to make our customers happy.”

So, with that in mind, I guess he'll "do the right thing" and refund Shawn?

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Feel free to post a recap of the most relevant facts you read on excellent bobak post. when we will have the green light we will repost the entire post but a recap can be posted right now.
you sure?
dont want to get an Bann......

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK lads... I'm off to bed...

Play nice and all...

xROTx

PS. I blame Tarma for getting my digi-cam confiscated again... well... not the camera... but the memory card...:(
PPS. Shawn... take the filters off chat COMPLETELY please man... just a request mage guy... but seriously.... we're not kids in chat Shawn pal.... (Well... you could argue we are... but mostly we're mostly adults...)

Tinieblas

Marked Wolf
if its him, then well, the main problem with this Carts, weren't the Insert or the manual or the baggy but the solder points inside. "factory solder",

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ray-young/49/996/624

I guess we will be able to find out more about that guy. Ray Young building PCBs, that would be a hell of a coincidence if it's not the same guy!

Groups and Associations:

Careers In Manufacturing.ca

which leads to:

Careers in Manufacturing was formed with the specific objective to raise the profile of the manufacturing industry in the eyes of job seekers, students, teachers, counselors, parents, government, and the general public.

With involvement from the manufacturing industry, governments, education, and associated industries, the committee went about promoting the industry, resolving regulatory obstacles to manufacturing HR issues, and developing tools and materials to promote the industry.

Due to resource limitations, the activities of CIM have been primarily focused on the greater Calgary region. However, the processes and concepts we developed are easily adapted for a much wider market.

We welcome all suggestions and feedback regarding this initiative.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Ok so here's my recap (just some little info )

- the source knows VERY well !Arcade! aka Ray Young's work, but just becouse he wana know about counterfeit on the neogeo scene, and to show the buyers that is products are the real ones
- His car is at the mechanic, but he wont take an taxi or his wife's car to show the material, and he does not have the material at his home. (lol sure !)
- He is canadian (FACT)
- He ask's Shawn if the next carts (he is planing 2 new cart releases, the first one in January 2013) to be sold on the Neostore

Just a little info, i dont wana tell everything

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Some more recaps with my comments in ().

• The Source claims his contacts in Japan, unspecified, are providing him with 10,000 AES snap lock cases and 10,000 new home cart shells. They are being sent by boat so are about a month away. (This has BOOTLEGGER spelled all over it.)
  • The Source plans two more releases. Games that he states were never released in English versions. One will be ready in January 2013 and the other will only be limited to two copies. (:rolleyes:)
  • The Source is extremely knowledgeable about the Phantom convertor and has improved upon it. He has a Canadian accent, similar to Ray Young but he is definitely not Ray Young. He claims he moved to the USA for work and moved back to Canada in 2000-something. (or perhaps this isn't true, see above)

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member

• The Source claims his contacts in Japan, unspecified, are providing him with 10,000 AES snap lock cases and 10,000 new home cart shells. They are being sent by boat so are about a month away. (This has BOOTLEGGER spelled all over it.)
  • The Source plans two more releases. Games that he states were never released in English versions. One will be ready in January 2013 and the other will only be limited to two copies. (:rolleyes:)
  • The Source is extremely knowledgeable about the Phantom convertor and has improved upon it. He has a Canadian accent, similar to Ray Young but he is definitely not Ray Young. He claims he moved to the USA for work and moved back to Canada in 2000-something. (or perhaps this isn't true, see above)

One more recap:

- he work on SnK between 1987-1994

aria

Former Moderator
PS. This is serious Rot.... not Ass pic Rot talking....

:lolz:

They're in Cali, and isn't Ray in Canada? Still that is a spooky coincidence

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ray-young/49/996/624

I guess we will be able to find out more about that guy. Ray Young building PCBs, that would be a hell of a coincidence if it's not the same guy!

Well, that LinkedIn public bio only goes back to 2003, around the same time things went south, and the "Careers In Manufacturing.ca" is hard to discount.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Proving employment is pretty strait forward, if it was legitimate, on the books employment.

Pays stubs, W2s or a completed State or Federal Tax return should suffice.

A company's HR department should also have a record of employment.

You can also request the following from Social Security:

"File a request from the Social Security Administration to obtain a detailed Social Security report of your earnings. There is a fee for this request and it can take a couple weeks to process, but it covers your employment history based on what was filed from your past employers. You must say you want a detailed report when filing the request."

I'm not sure if this help the situation or not, but at least the unknown individual could prove one way or another that they actually worked for SNK (or whatever they were called in the US at that time).

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member

good recap points. Feel free to add more recaps to paint a better picture for all members.

Thanks dragonpt as well.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
:lolz:

Well, that LinkedIn public bio only goes back to 2003, around the same time things went south, and the "Careers In Manufacturing.ca" is hard to discount.

Give it a day or two and see if that Bio changes. If so...

Shawn

snkusa.com
So, with that in mind, I guess he'll "do the right thing" and refund Shawn?

I called 3x. I was told Ray Young was there and got his voice mail each time, BUT I was able to listen to his voice message and it did sorta sound like him! But....the voice message wasn't crispy digital and so I'd want a phone conversation to be certain. Each time I called I asked for a bit more info from the receptionist. She said she had only been there a couple months but that she had met Ray Young. I've never met the fellow so I had nothing to describe other than his voice. She said he did have the voice that I had described to her (I did my best Darth Vader imitation), and she said he was in if 50s at least if not older. She didn't know if he came from Canada though, citing that she was still newish there.

Any of us could determine if it was him though. He would sound like a James Earl Jones, raspy voice of someone that had been chain smoking for decades, and he would pronounce out and about as 'ah-woot' and 'a-boot'.

at this point shawn should take the invitation, so in case this is fake we have a name/address and can start filing charges.

no?

We could arrange a group flight, and I tell you what, I'll even cover the rental car fee once we are in Canada. We cruise over to the source's pad then give the source a ride from his home to the storage unit. Since we aren't permitted inside, he can then bring the key 'smoking gun' items outside that would help prove his legitimacy as a former SNK employee.

Alternatively, the source has already said that he is willing to provide his ID, NOT something that would ever be posted publicly or even in the mod forum, but provide it specifically to geddon_jt. John could research and confirm his identity and perhaps ultimately his employment with SNK, considering that John is a professional practicing attorney here in the USA.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Can we get a thread recap ?

This thread is like sex with a fat chick. I mean, you wanna hit it, but not enough to put in full effort.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Alternatively, the source has already said that he is willing to provide his ID, NOT something that would ever be posted publicly or even in the mod forum, but provide it specifically to geddon_jt. John could research and confirm his identity and perhaps ultimately his employment with SNK, considering that John is a professional practicing attorney here in the USA.

Shawn-

Take a look at my post, specifically the Social Security option. I got this information from the web, but I subsequently ran this past my old man who happened to be a branch manager for Social Security in New York for 29 years.

He pretty much confirmed that type of request from them (Social Security) would identify every employer that a person worked for, period.

Next to the IRS (and probably the CIA), those guys know pretty much everything there is to know about us, period.

Maybe that would help.