Power Spikes II Dog Tag and Euro Homecarts Discovered!

Shawn

snkusa.com
@TMOSteel: Right, this would be a fine solution. The source and everyone involved is reading this. If he wants to verify his employment using the request of a detailed Social Security report of his earnings that you suggested, he could do so at any time. I see no reason not to. Should be something on file after all those years of employment with SNK. That's probably a better solution than asking SNKP.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Gonna just sit and wait and see how this pans out. Tho I admit the drama here is hilarious.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'm happy to tag along with you guys to Canada. I am fluent in the Canadian dialect.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
All we need is just a little patience

I originally had a huge 3 page rant that I was going to post here tonight. But I ultimately decided against making it and deleted it. I will go with this quick blurb instead.

A handful of members here on the forums are simply out of control. They have a completely unrealistic expectation of what they think they “deserve” from these games, the source, and this thread. They seem to have a sense of “entitlement” to the information; as if it is somehow “owed” to them. How and why they adopted this state of mind is a mystery to me when you go back to the basics of what happened here.

A guy comes forward (Tonk/Mike) with some neogeo games that he is selling for someone. Some members think they are real, some members think they are fakes. To those members who contact him with serious offers, he provides additional details, pictures, and information. Some buyers decide to buy the games in person while others are content with using a shipping company. The games are sold. End of story.

So what we are left with is merely the argument as to whether or not the games are real. So let’s focus on that question then. Are they real?

Now although I myself feel they are real, it is quite simple really. They are either fake, or they are real. Period! There are only 2 possibilities here. So, if they are real, then the buyers made out like bandits and got some pretty amazingly rare games added to their collections. If they are fakes, then the buyers got the absolute best conversion carts ever made added to their collections, but they paid a pretty high price for them.

But now I ask, regardless of which scenario is the outcome, how the hell does it make ANY difference to anyone else in the community? The owners will never sell the games and the games will never see the light of day again in the community. So why does anybody here care? It did not affect anyone else in the community, and it never will.

Very soon the source is going to come forward not only with the additional information which was previously only made available to the buyers, but with a whole lot more as well. Granted, it will then be much easier for everybody to understand and make a more informed personal decision as to whether they feel the games were real, but again I say what difference will it REALLY make? Because regardless of what you decide, the games are already GONE! You cannot buy them anymore anyways!

I guess all that I hope will come from this is that each member here will make their own personal decision based upon all of the facts presented as to what they think in their own minds. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, so please have it! Don’t just make yours the same as someone else’s because they tell you to do so. Decide for yourself, and do so AFTER you have been presented with all the information; which will be very soon.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
what difference will it REALLY make? Because regardless of what you decide, the games are already GONE! You cannot buy them anymore anyways!

You might not want to sell yours but down the track someone else who bought might want to sell there's. Not to mention there are obviously a few hardcore collectors here who missed out and may want to snap it up if it becomes available at a later date. There's a lot of benefit to you and anyone else who purchased these games if they can be proved legit.

I hope they are proved to be the real deal because if something can be faked good enough to fool the most hardcore of the hardcore then it's not just the NEO community that is screwed but all video game collectors.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I hope they are proved to be the real deal because if something can be faked good enough to fool the most hardcore of the hardcore then it's not just the NEO community that is screwed but all video game collectors.

Exactly. I hope they are proved real as well but others come off as they want them to be fake.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This reminds me of 2001, BonusKun blindly backing General Hanzo, GamersAbyss with his snake in the background, and Ray Young telling people that he had the ability to make a completely undetectable copy of any game, with only his stamp on the pcb as a clue. Someone should post that link to FTL's old thread detailing what would happen 11 years into the future.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This reminds me of 2001, BonusKun blindly backing General Hanzo, GamersAbyss with his snake in the background, and Ray Young telling people that he had the ability to make a completely undetectable copy of any game, with only his stamp on the pcb as a clue. Someone should post that link to FTL's old thread detailing what would happen 11 years into the future.

Sounds interesting, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Hellraizah

World Soccer '96
I called 3x. I was told Ray Young was there and got his voice mail each time, BUT I was able to listen to his voice message and it did sorta sound like him! But....the voice message wasn't crispy digital and so I'd want a phone conversation to be certain. Each time I called I asked for a bit more info from the receptionist. She said she had only been there a couple months but that she had met Ray Young. I've never met the fellow so I had nothing to describe other than his voice. She said he did have the voice that I had described to her (I did my best Darth Vader imitation), and she said he was in if 50s at least if not older. She didn't know if he came from Canada though, citing that she was still newish there.

Any of us could determine if it was him though. He would sound like a James Earl Jones, raspy voice of someone that had been chain smoking for decades, and he would pronounce out and about as 'ah-woot' and 'a-boot'.

Did you do this today or did you know about that before?

Shawn

snkusa.com
Did you do this today or did you know about that before?

Did this today, just minutes before 5 PM PST.

@SuperGun: It’s not just about your dog-tag PS2 or the initial US AF3 launch. We are talking about 5 complete home cartridge productions that this source has exclusive possession of:
  1. English Aero Fighters 3 AES
  2. Euro Power Spike II AES
  3. Dog-Tag Power Spikes II AES
  4. undisclosed title # 4 (revealed, but I’m not at liberty to say)
  5. undisclosed title # 5 (details shared, but not certain if I’m at liberty to say)
And no one is saying it’s limited to these 5 productions, that’s just the current title count. With that said, I believe that the legitimacy of these games and the employment records of the source being former SNK are of great concern to the community. Shouldn’t this matter to you? If not, what qualifies as something that should raise concern … at six exclusive releases, or perhaps not until the dozen mark? We are talking about $500,000+ in sales being generated from these 5 titles alone, not to mention whatever else is on the assembly line. This is an even bigger deal for the source since he’s the ultimate benefactor of all of these new releases, so we know it would be in his best interest to simply back up his claims.

I think we can all agree that the community’s level of blind faith acceptance was exceeded with the dual launch of Euro + Dog-Tag Power Spikes II AES. If these current and future releases are going to be moved though Neo-Geo.com and if they are ever to be potentially promoted or resold through the NeoStore as authentic, then we must be convinced of the source’s legitimacy. I’m willing to be convinced and I’m still waiting for that proof.

I tell you what though, if it was my $500k+ that was on the line, I’d find a way to get across town to shoot whatever pics I needed with my mobile and would do so SAME DAY. I don’t think a broken leg + a broken car would stop any of us if it was our $500k+ along with our reputation on the line. It wouldn’t stop TonK, RoT, Kabob, not even 8man. Hell, especially not 8man, he’s way too invested in the neo. Metal slug themed waterpark?! I thought that was a joke, learned it was real, crazy…

TonK

Least Valuable Player
where is Tonk?

Right here.

There was a lot of misinformation being tossed around here today, that's fine.

I know a lot of you are PRAYING that these games are fake. It's rather sickening that you could hate on someone for that.

But as Billy said, you are entitled to your own opinion and no matter what comes of this, some of you will never own up to the fact that they are real.

Someone asked "Why TonK?" earlier in this thread.

I wasn't the first person the source contacted - and like I've said, I didn't even know about the games when I first spoke to the guy.

Here's what happened.

I got as much info as I could, had the game shipped to me to look at. I looked it over and thought it was perfect, but needed someone else to confirm it for me - I contacted Geddon_jt before I SOLD ANYTHING for the source. Geddon_jt and Billy scrutinized the game and about a week later, I got a message that confirmed it was real as far as they could tell.

With that information, I told EVERY buyer that I COULD NOT CONFIRM the origin of the game, that it looked perfect, but I couldn't guarantee it was real.

EVERY buyer agreed that the information provided was enough to plunk down serious cash to obtain them, Billy included.

How is it ANYONE on this sites business to know anything more than that?

They all knew what they were getting into and are still happy with their purchases.

As Charlie stated before, one of the buyers is unhappy - I have no clue who it is, because I've spoken directly to each one of them and asked if they were happy. They all said yes.

To these people, the games are real. And the games are also real to a lot of other people who contact me every month seeing if I could get them a copy of either game.

I actually received an offer for Power Spikes 2 today, AFTER all of the misinformation was posted.

Most of the hardcore collectors really don't give a fuck what anyone on this site thinks and I don't blame them.

I mean, you guys heard that the source is getting 10,000 NOS snap lock cases directly from SNK Japan and you label him a bootlegger? What if Shawn had secured these cases? He'd be a hero!

Then you guys focus on the dudes car being broke down which means absolutely NOTHING. it's not an excuse or a cop out for anything.

If the guy was lying, I don't think he'd be hanging out waiting to see what happens - he'd be ghost.

This is why he went to a 3rd party to sell the games. Had he just come out on the forums and said "Here, I have these games, buy them." we would have run him off the forums.

I think that John (Geddon_jt) and Billy (SuperGun) are more than capable to make an informed opinion on these games with their combined knowledge on the Neo Geo and it's history.

I'm very happy I went to them to work with me on this. Nobody is lying or being paid off. Our combined reputations should mean something.

Especially John's.

Do you really think he would involve himself in something he wasn't sure about?

Without he and Billy's help, none of this would have happened.

If by some chance we are wrong, that's something we have to deal with.

Now, the source has a ton of shit in the pipeline for everyone - if you choose not to deal with him, that's fine. He will be making himself available soon and will tell his entire story. He will also provide some never before seen items from SNK that are proven to be 100% real. Yes, 100%.

Shawn wasn't told everything. And what he was told was twisted into half truths that some of you chose to believe.

I admit, it looks really ugly right now and it wasn't supposed to go down like this.

Please give us all a chance to provide OUR side of the story and then make your opinion.

I believe a lot of you will change your minds and accept these items as fact.

Until then, you can have fun chasing your fake leads and making assumptions - none of it is true.

For those that have stuck by us, thank you. You will be rewarded in the end.

I'm not going to sit here and dissect every theory you other guys come up with.

In the end, it's only your opinion.

Please wait a little longer to form it.

- Mike

Hellraizah

World Soccer '96
I agree that someone has to get to the bottom of this.

Shawn, when you spoke with "the source" (always makes me smile to write that), did he offer you any good explanation as to why he proceeded the way he did for the sale of his carts? I mean, contacting TonK and everything? I feel like nobody ever answered that question with anything more logic than "he doesn't want to have the spotlight on him" which makes absolutely no sense at all.

What about this Metal Slug themed waterpark? Where is that located?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Did this today, just minutes before 5 PM PST.

@SuperGun: It’s not just about your dog-tag PS2 or the initial US AF3 launch. We are talking about 5 complete home cartridge productions that this source has exclusive possession of:
  1. English Aero Fighters 3 AES
  2. Euro Power Spike II AES
  3. Dog-Tag Power Spikes II AES
  4. undisclosed title # 4 (revealed, but I’m not at liberty to say)
  5. undisclosed title # 5 (details shared, but not certain if I’m at liberty to say)
And no one is saying it’s limited to these 5 productions, that’s just the current title count. With that said, I believe that the legitimacy of these games and the employment records of the source being former SNK are of great concern to the community. Shouldn’t this matter to you? If not, what qualifies as something that should raise concern … at six exclusive releases, or perhaps not until the dozen mark? We are talking about $500,000+ in sales being generated from these 5 titles alone, not to mention whatever else is on the assembly line. This is an even bigger deal for the source since he’s the ultimate benefactor of all of these new releases, so we know it would be in his best interest to simply back up his claims.

I think we can all agree that the community’s level of blind faith acceptance was exceeded with the dual launch of Euro + Dog-Tag Power Spikes II AES. If these current and future releases are going to be moved though Neo-Geo.com and if they are ever to be potentially promoted or resold through the NeoStore as authentic, then we must be convinced of the source’s legitimacy. I’m willing to be convinced and I’m still waiting for that proof.

I tell you what though, if it was my $500k+ that was on the line, I’d find a way to get across town to shoot whatever pics I needed with my mobile and would do so SAME DAY. I don’t think a broken leg + a broken car would stop any of us if it was our $500k+ along with our reputation on the line. It wouldn’t stop TonK, RoT, Kabob, not even 8man. Hell, especially not 8man, he’s way too invested in the neo. Metal slug themed waterpark?! I thought that was a joke, learned it was real, crazy…

Shawn, I'm sure you and you know who will eventually come to a common ground. Please give it time.

I don't know why everyone is in such a hurry.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
"More!arcade! is NOT helping out making things clear but even it's trying to make things more shady."

Let's try to clear up a few issues here and I am going to address these issues from a personal perspective and not a company one.

I have 21,000 original SNK blank roms and 7,500 original SNK PCB's (boards), had them for some time now. I also have a set of original SNK templates and the SNK source code book. Now let's think of it this way shall we, if I was going to re-produce the *Rare* titles and pass them off as real why would I go through all the trouble of producing my own PCB's (boards). We are going to be using the SNK parts for 2 projects of our own that we are working on.

I can fully understand the collectors point of view not wanting to see their collections de-valued by someone flooding the market with EXACT re-productions. Make no mistake about it if I did this they would be exact and even SNK would not be able to tell the difference. That being said why would I say I was thinking of doing this? Simple really it's what I like to call "Shaking the trees" to see what falls out, a few of you know exactly what I am talking about.

Most of the so called "High-end" guys already know that there are 2 conversion guys in your group. I un-like some of you will not make an un-founded accusation but I do have my doubts about a couple of carts already on the market. The other thing I will let out before Sundays chat is that Nikke is my partner, has been for some time now.

The reason(s) he and I have have for him withdrawing from the North American market are quite simple really. Some of you have been ripping him off and 2 of you for thousands of dollars, this will all be expained on Sunday. !Arcade! as well has been "Clipped" a few times by a couple of people as well, you know who you are.

Back to the re-productions, all of you who have dealt with me know that I have been fair and honest in our dealings. I have sold many of the so-called *Rare* titles to you at more than fair prices only to see or hear that some of you the very next day have re-sold them at double what I sold them to you for. That's all well and good, business I guess not good business but business just the same. There are 3 of you that have been e-mailing me offering outrageous amounts for carts, you should now by now that I will never do business with you again-period.

When and if we do these re-productions keep this in mind they will be re-productions and will be marked as such. The appropriate parties will have been fully compensated if need be and we will have permission to do them. It's not hard to get really all you have to do is ask most of the time and they are happy to give it to you-free.

In closing let me say this to the 2 conversion guys out there, I am going to get you and when I do I will show everyone what *Nice* people you really are. No, it's not the 2 over at ***.

I am sure that there will be a lot more questions which can certainly be asked and answered in Sundays chat.

Best Regards
Ray Young

ummm so lets see what we have here:

1- 21,000 original SNK blank roms and 7,500 original SNK PCB's (boards)

2- there was 2 projects (PS2 and AF3 ???)

3 - Even SNK would not be able to tell the difference.

coincidence?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
ummm so lets see what we have here:

1- 21,000 original SNK blank roms and 7,500 original SNK PCB's (boards)

2- there was 2 projects (PS2 and AF3 ???)

3 - Even SNK would not be able to tell the difference.

coincidence?

That info has been available for years. Well past the time these releases were made public.

if that's the theory you choose to believe, it's your call.

I don't see what it proves, but I'm sure a lot of people will form their own conclusions.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
That info has been available for years. Well past the time these releases were made public.

if that's the theory you choose to believe, it's your call.

I don't see what it proves, but I'm sure a lot of people will form their own conclusions.

My Theory is, if he can, others can do it too, and 10 years as passed, things are more easy to fake in 2012 than in 2001.

Also i dont doubt you think, they are the real deal.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
People should stop digging and just wait for the reveal, seriously. The reveal is coming, just be patient.