Preparing for quarantine

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Don't touch your face is a sizeable statement to push through as though it means nothing.

I've gone ahead and had both arms amputated to be safe, like Angelina Jolie getting a double mastectomy because of the BRACA gene, you can never be too safe.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've gone ahead and had both arms amputated to be safe, like Angelina Jolie getting a double mastectomy because of the BRACA gene, you can never be too safe.

Well you fucked up pretty good there pal, how are you going to wash your hands regularly now?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I've replaced all the water in my waterbed with anti-bacterial liquid. This will help prevent me from contracting the virus.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Last month everyone was a global warming expert, this month everyone is a virus expert.

FUCK YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
It's just another scare tactic like the bird flu, swine flu, hantavirus, etc. from the previous years. If you don't see or hear from me again, then I was obviously wrong...or got hit by a bus on the way to work :tickled:

lithy

20 Year Member
Well you fucked up pretty good there pal, how are you going to wash your hands regularly now?

I'm more worried about getting my foot activated bidet installed before the toilet paper rationing starts.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
So how is everyone actually affected by this? I live in rural Midwest, and literally nothing has changed. I haven’t noticed anything sold out except for dust masks(not flu masks, but n95 and such from the hardware store). Nothing in my area has been canceled event wise that I’m aware of. I guess mass hysteria hasn’t registered here since I’m far from the west coast.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So how is everyone actually affected by this? I live in rural Midwest, and literally nothing has changed. I haven’t noticed anything sold out except for dust masks(not flu masks, but n95 and such from the hardware store). Nothing in my area has been canceled event wise that I’m aware of. I guess mass hysteria hasn’t registered here since I’m far from the west coast.

I think we need to wait a month to see how bad it will get. If in one month things are still the same then it's no need to panic. High density areas will definitely get hit harder than rural places.

But China is losing billions and billions of dollars by the day doing this. Schools were supposed to open on Feb 17th and no re-opening date is in sight yet. Lots of businesses are hemorrhaging through money that are closed but still have to pay employee salaries (many are getting paid half, if that) and although the government is asking landlords to not charge rent who knows. I know a Moroccan guy who started a Moroccan restaurant here years ago but had to close it because the landlord wouldn't waive the rent and they did not get a single customer for a month. So it was time to pack up.

I'm kinda surprised the supply chain hasn't been broken yet.

edit:
quarantine1.jpg
Nearby businesses that have been closed since January 22.

quarantine2.jpg
Nearby pharmacy that doesn't allow customers inside. Instead they are all making a line to buy face masks, and can only buy enough by showing their and their family's ID cards.

quarantine3.jpg
Nearby halal restaurant right at a subway entrance that is usually packed with people. Only me, during lunch.

quarantine4.jpg
Nearby shopping mall that obviously had some gay emoji event that never happened because no one is going to shopping malls. Businesses are open, but there are no customers.

quarantineFAGGOT.jpg
This was taken during rush hour at the World Trade Center stop on the subway. There are usually so many people on at this stop that you literally can not move and feel like a human sardine. It is unbelievable how few people are on.

quarantine5.jpg
Anytime you enter a building, you have to get your temperature taken.

quarantine6.jpg
People who aren't residents of a community can not enter. So you have to go outside to the sidewalk and pick up your package.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I think we need to wait a month to see how bad it will get. If in one month things are still the same then it's no need to panic. High density areas will definitely get hit harder than rural places.

But China is losing billions and billions of dollars by the day doing this. Schools were supposed to open on Feb 17th and no re-opening date is in sight yet. Lots of businesses are hemorrhaging through money that are closed but still have to pay employee salaries (many are getting paid half, if that) and although the government is asking landlords to not charge rent who knows. I know a Moroccan guy who started a Moroccan restaurant here years ago but had to close it because the landlord wouldn't waive the rent and they did not get a single customer for a month. So it was time to pack up.

I'm kinda surprised the supply chain hasn't been broken yet.

edit:
View attachment 55981
Nearby businesses that have been closed since January 22.

View attachment 55982
Nearby pharmacy that doesn't allow customers inside. Instead they are all making a line to buy face masks, and can only buy enough by showing their and their family's ID cards.

View attachment 55983
Nearby halal restaurant right at a subway entrance that is usually packed with people. Only me, during lunch.

View attachment 55984
Nearby shopping mall that obviously had some gay emoji event that never happened because no one is going to shopping malls. Businesses are open, but there are no customers.

View attachment 55985
This was taken during rush hour at the World Trade Center stop on the subway. There are usually so many people on at this stop that you literally can not move and feel like a human sardine. It is unbelievable how few people are on.

Are the factories back to work yet?

lithy

20 Year Member
Cool piano key facade on the business building in the top photo.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Thanks lonesage for the reporting, it is really astounding how much of China is frozen. I hope US doesn't get to that point (and I don't think it will).

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Lonesage’s dreamy eyes must send all the girls’ hearts a flutter.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Around here no one is doing anything. I just took it upon myself to restock the emergency blizzard supplies. Since we do end up getting buried in snow every 5 years or so, people should have extra food and what-not stored anyways.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
They should use the sports equivalent of canned laughter for the TV coverage.

in Germany it would be more like stadion staff lighting up pyros and throwing chairs around instead of the regular hools doing it.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Have you run out of dildos yet?

Asking the real questions.

Fucking idiots are buying water and toilet paper like the flu is somehow going to simultaneously cause the water to stop but still somehow keep your toilet running. On the bright side, restaurants and bars were all nice and quiet over the weekend. It was me and a doctor sitting at one bar by ourselves getting free drinks from a grateful bartender during dinner hour Saturday night. Doctor said it was the first time in months he didn't have to travel so he was getting shit hammered. Clearly not concerned doing shots of Fireball like a sorority girl.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
We’ve just been told to take our laptops and phones home daily and an audit is being done on who has remote access... come ooonnnn!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Lonsag dreamboat wow

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Have you run out of dildos yet?

You wanna be smart ass huh? Just understand this, the moment we get that mega east to west "split me" series of dildos back in stock from Wuhan I'm gonna personally deliver it to your asshole.