Preparing for quarantine

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Here most of the stores are closed (except groceries, pharmacies).
My current job is fucked up because we work with Chinese tourists, but I was quitting it anyway.
The worst part is that the now one I was going to start is bound with American Cruises and Students (rental with driver).

My region, Tuscany, is pretty safe but of course we have to stay at home.
Anyway the shelves are full, and luckily the welfare and health system is pretty solid.
We will have to wait for months, maybe June, who has a small businesses will be hardly damaged..

And probably when we will be out, we'll have to manage the illness coming back from our beloved french neighbours.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
If I'd get quarantined, I could always ask a family member or friend to buy some food and leave it on my doorstep. If I'd catch the virus I'd probably end up in hospital where I would get fed. That's why I think stocking up doesn't make much sense.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Fooq...they just closed Ohio schools for 3 weeks!!!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Are idiots still calling this a hoax or has reality hit them yet? Figures by the time this situation has died down in China it flares up in the west.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Are idiots still calling this a hoax or has reality hit them yet? Figures by the time this situation has died down in China it flares up in the west.

You got any asian squeeze to keep you warm during your quarantine? Or did you get too chubby?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Only residents of an apartment complex can enter or leave. People who were outside of Beijing and returned had to quarantine for 14 days. People have not panicked, but they are very alert. Don't make me spell it out for you.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Only residents of an apartment complex can enter or leave. People who were outside of Beijing and returned had to quarantine for 14 days. People have not panicked, but they are very alert. Don't make me spell it out for you.

LMBO. Aaron relax. You don’t need to spell it out for us. We understand your situation.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I have heard in the news that there are predictions that 20% of people in Sydney will catch the Coronavirus, and that's in a best-case scenario. Worst-case would be 50-60%. But I don't know how true that is. People don't necessarily trust what the media tells them these days, they often beat things up.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Has it really died down in China though? Are they telling the truth? Seems odd how cases skyrocketed and a couple of weeks later it’s all under control and everyone can go back to work...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have heard in the news that there are predictions that 20% of people in Sydney will catch the Coronavirus, and that's in a best-case scenario. Worst-case would be 50-60%. But I don't know how true that is. People don't necessarily trust what the media tells them these days, they often beat things up.

With the generally filthy behaviour of the Australian public which is only a subset of the 'She'll be right' ideology that tends to rule our society, I would say shit's gonna get fucked up Joe.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Has it really died down in China though? Are they telling the truth? Seems odd how cases skyrocketed and a couple of weeks later it’s all under control and everyone can go back to work...

When I say die down, I mean by new cases daily. The only new cases here in BJ have been those coming from Italy or other outside flights.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
People need to start wearing N95 facemasks every time they leave the house, no matter how dorky they think they look. That will help prevent the spread if the person unknowingly has coronavirus.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Now schools and kindergartens have been closed down in our area as well. Most of my friends who are parents hate it.

I've stocked up on my fave rolling tobacco. You never know, eh.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It's interesting to see how America, a country that overwhelmingly expects people to go to work even if they have full blow aids and are expected to die within the next 2-3 weeks, is handling this. We're not used to shutting down...for anything.

Locally...typical crap, panicking people buying toilet paper, hand sanitizer, bottled water. In the US, it seems some are making harder runs on canned goods, produce, etc.

Many of our customer sites are cancelling/postponing work. Illinois has cancelled all march-madness events, many colleges have closed. My wife and I are waiting for our daughter's school to tell us they're closing for a few weeks. My wife's boss told her that if he has to temporarily shut down the practice, that he cannot pay them.

It is what it is, I guess.

With that said...it really hasn't "hit" America yet. Isn't this all premature? It seems to me that the next few weeks are going to be a ghost town...then it's "back to work!!!" as usual...THEN people will start randomly getting sick. Perhaps I'm wrong...but it sure seems that way to me.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
My kid’s schools have closed until at least March 27th.

I’m on a work from home schedule indefinitely now...presumably at least until April if not longer...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
With that said...it really hasn't "hit" America yet. Isn't this all premature? It seems to me that the next few weeks are going to be a ghost town...then it's "back to work!!!" as usual...THEN people will start randomly getting sick. Perhaps I'm wrong...but it sure seems that way to me.

This is what we're being told here regarding our much more relaxed approach to this compared to continental Europe. So far we haven't been told to change a single thing other than to wash our hands a bit and stay at home if we think we've got it.

Thinking is when they need us, really need us to stay indoors and stop licking each other they want it to be new and fresh, not already dismissed as a waste of time by a population who dutifully stayed at home for two weeks when they didn't really need to, and got bored by it, and decided to fuck it off and go out again.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
i've been working from home since tuesday because of a cold and the company didn't want me to risk anything...now it looks like they are going to do a company-wide self-quarantine all of next week. i'm getting cabin fever like crazy.

It sounds like the perfect time to purchase a new Nintendo Switch system!

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
This is what we're being told here regarding our much more relaxed approach to this compared to continental Europe. So far we haven't been told to change a single thing other than to wash our hands a bit and stay at home if we think we've got it.

Thinking is when they need us, really need us to stay indoors and stop licking each other they want it to be new and fresh, not already dismissed as a waste of time by a population who dutifully stayed at home for two weeks when they didn't really need to, and got bored by it, and decided to fuck it off and go out again.

dr jessen.jpg

Coronavirus it's just an excuse to have a long siesta.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
On the plus side my drive to work and back home is super smooth, no traffic. If we could keep people home for another 3-4 weeks that would be great.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
On this topic...I always keep basic essentials on hand. I'm in no way a "prepper", but smart planning is...well...smart.

We keep bottled water on hand, not a ton, but days worth. If shit really did get that silly, we have a river that is literally 1/4 mile from our house. Some filtering and boiling and we have near all the water we need. We keep 2x 50lb bags of rice on hand, chicken stock, canned chicken, various canned goods, dried beans, bulk multi-vitamins, various other items.

It isn't a ton, and doesn't cost much to store, but you never know. It would provide us with a week of food. Not the most fun kind of food...but we can eat.

183th7.jpg

Illinois Gov ordered all public schools closed until 3-30....

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
On this topic...I always keep basic essentials on hand. I'm in no way a "prepper", but smart planning is...well...smart.

We keep bottled water on hand, not a ton, but days worth. If shit really did get that silly, we have a river that is literally 1/4 mile from our house. Some filtering and boiling and we have near all the water we need. We keep 2x 50lb bags of rice on hand, chicken stock, canned chicken, various canned goods, dried beans, bulk multi-vitamins, various other items.

It isn't a ton, and doesn't cost much to store, but you never know. It would provide us with a week of food. Not the most fun kind of food...but we can eat.

183th7.jpg

Illinois Gov ordered all public schools closed until 3-30....

two 50lbs bags of rice lasts you only a week? you must be a super azn.