PS4K/PS4 Neo & Xbox Two (Scorpio)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So the S will have some 4K play (movie only?)

For $299...this may very well be what I get this fall if Sony doesn't get their shit together...

With all of those beefed up specs of the more powerful scorpio, it is still not as capable as the beastly PC. They should not be even trying. Just let this current gen phase out and then go from there. The upgraded consoles will never be as good as a PC. PC will always be many steps ahead.

Why are you even here?

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
the S looks sweet, not enough to trade in my Forza edition, may b they will have some special editions in the future. VR on the PS4, I dont know, just a gimmick like 3D I think.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
A co worker's girlfriend went to GDC and she said that the psVR was the WORST out of the bunch. Occulus, Vive (which I've used and it's amazing) samsung GEAR VR.. All were superior over Sony's offering.

Meanwhile, Microsoft has made comments that lead me to believe that the Scorpio will be compatible with ANY vr headset, as long as the game is compatible with it. Just connect and play.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I was told that Microsoft told the Mosaic sales reps that the new console will support the Vive and the Rift.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
With all of those beefed up specs of the more powerful scorpio, it is still not as capable as the beastly PC. They should not be even trying. Just let this current gen phase out and then go from there. The upgraded consoles will never be as good as a PC. PC will always be many steps ahead.

You're probably right about that. I've got a year old computer with the nvidia 980 8GB video card in it, 16GB of RAM (can go higher) and a mid-tier i7 I can upgrade as well still that can handle itself quite nicely.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Confirmed for specific games like Gears of War.

That's pretty cool, I hear High Dynamic Range is the most notable upgrade when you go 4K.
I have a Samsung JS9000 that supports HDR, so I'd love to check it out. :)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
A co worker's girlfriend went to GDC and she said that the psVR was the WORST out of the bunch. Occulus, Vive (which I've used and it's amazing) samsung GEAR VR.. All were superior over Sony's offering.

Meanwhile, Microsoft has made comments that lead me to believe that the Scorpio will be compatible with ANY vr headset, as long as the game is compatible with it. Just connect and play.

What's the difference?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Microsoft has surprisingly revealed the forthcoming Xbox One S console will be capable of upscaling HD video games to 4K resolution.

Initially, the firm had revealed the slimmer device would play 4K video via an Ultra HD Blu-ray player, but had not mentioned the potential for gaming.

The bombshell was dropped by Jeff Henshaw, Group Program Manager at Xbox at an E3 session (via TechRadar).

Henshaw said: "It's not native 4K, but the Xbox One S can upscale games from 1080p to 4K."

Although it won’t be quite as good as native 4K, it will mean those with Ultra HD displays will get a taste of gaming at the higher resolution before the holiday 2017 launch of the Xbox One Scorpio.

Since the initial reveal on Monday, plenty more news has emerged to suggest the 'S' console will be a considerable upgrade on the original.

As well as a 40 per cent slimmer body, the 4K Blu-ray player and 2TB hard drive, we’ve since learned the console will contain “additional processing power.”

That extra CPU and GPU oomph will be used exclusively to power games offering HDR graphics.

With Scorpio not dropping until the end of next year, this release will give Xbox fanciers plenty of food for thought.

Purchase confirmed if the Neo won't be dropping anytime soon. :)

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
As of right now, it looks like I'll be skipping the Neo in favor of the Scorpio. I'll just stick to my PS4 for the Sony games and the Japanese games. I might upgrade my current Xbone for one of the slims, we'll see.

Cool, I'll probably pick up a Japanese one if it upscales 360 games to 4k. $299 is a good price for UHD player anyway.

No real point in getting a Japanese one when the Xbone and the 360 BC are both region free already.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sama, does that mean I can play a Japanese 360 game on a US Xbone if it's BC?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
But the games on the lists don't differ by region as of now correct? It's not like all the Cave games are playable on the bone.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Just curious: What XBone games are people on here looking to play? The only ones I was looking forward to were ReCore (which looks a bit more vanilla than last year's trailer had me hyped for) and Phantom Dust, which is now just a remake rather than a sequel. Sony's exclusives definitely seem more attractive to me at this point. The biggest selling point for XBone, for me, is the controller, which I'm planning to buy once it gets Bluetooth so I can use it on my PC.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Just curious: What XBone games are people on here looking to play? The only ones I was looking forward to were ReCore (which looks a bit more vanilla than last year's trailer had me hyped for) and Phantom Dust, which is now just a remake rather than a sequel. Sony's exclusives definitely seem more attractive to me at this point. The biggest selling point for XBone, for me, is the controller, which I'm planning to buy once it gets Bluetooth so I can use it on my PC.

I'm really looking forward to Halo Wars 2 and Sea of Thieves.
Crackdown 3 and Scalebound also look pretty good.
And I'll probably buy Gears 4 for Horde Mode.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
As of right now, it looks like I'll be skipping the Neo in favor of the Scorpio. I'll just stick to my PS4 for the Sony games and the Japanese games. I might upgrade my current Xbone for one of the slims, we'll see.

No real point in getting a Japanese one when the Xbone and the 360 BC are both region free already.

Are you certain? I've read conflicting reports. By any chance do you have a japanese 360 disc based game to test on your USA Xbone?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Not sure if it's worth to own XboxOne just for Raiden V alone..................still thinking

fake

15 Year Member
Not sure if it's worth to own XboxOne just for Raiden V alone..................still thinking

Nah. I'm sure it will end up elsewhere eventually even though it's an "exclusive".

fake

15 Year Member
$299 for a uhd player that also plays Raiden V...yeah...that's worth it.

I think a lot of incremental console upgrades are going to be pinned on whether you already have the supplemental tech to make it worth it. If you don't have a 4K TV, that's a big benefit gone out the window.