R.I.P Ennio Morricone

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
What do you mean by "you"? You assign some level of anger to me that I've never felt in this thread. But who is the one who actually lashed out? That would be you.

Also:

I enjoy Stage instigating and winding me up to argue nonsense for no reason as much as anyone.

You’re “wound up” and “instigated” but not “triggered” or “heated.” So much clearer now!

:keke:

Stop the rehearsed detachment. It’s a stupid argument you’re internalizing and going to great lengths to look weaker. Jesus.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Kid & LoneSage:

Buster-Scruggs.jpg

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I'd be mad no one did one of these things for me but I know I'm just Banjo.

Sabata-4-032515.jpg

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
It's a trilogy with a total shit "fan service" movie thrown in at the end.

I agree, that movie is complete trash. The Road Warrior is the masterpiece of the original trilogy.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
What didn't you like about Fury Road?

I know you didn't ask me...

The movie wasn't even about Mad Max. He was shoved into the back seat by a shitty femenist archetype of a protagonist. The movie was try hard "over the top" action that tried to one-up the action of previous installments but came out looking like a cheap immitation, although money was thrown at it.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
I know you didn't ask me...

The movie wasn't even about Mad Max. He was shoved into the back seat by a shitty femenist archetype of a protagonist. The movie was try hard "over the top" action that tried to one-up the action of previous installments but came out looking like a cheap immitation, although money was thrown at it.

"Show 2D_Master what he has won!"

Tacitus

Staff member
What didn't you like about Fury Road?

It's not a Mad Max movie. It's a female empowerment story overlaying a laborious, never-ending chase. (Amusing considering how many incels fashion themselves after or label themselves with pseduonyms from the film.)

It doesn't fit the art style and tone of the movies even a little bit.

As much as I enjoy Tom Hardy, he's not the right casting for the character.

There's not much of a story. What is there doesn't make sense in the context of the other films.

I can keep going.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's not a Mad Max movie. It's a female empowerment story overlaying a laborious, never-ending chase. (Amusing considering how many incels fashion themselves after or label themselves with pseduonyms from the film.)

It doesn't fit the art style and tone of the movies even a little bit.

As much as I enjoy Tom Hardy, he's not the right casting for the character.

There's not much of a story. What is there doesn't make sense in the context of the other films.

I can keep going.

No, please stop. No need to continue making such a lavish display of your poor movie comprehension.

The movie wasn't even about Mad Max.
Neither were Road Warrior or Thunderdome, genius.

But by all means, you two go on thinking you know more about what Mad Max is than George Miller. VT already chose some soulless, faceless suit at UA over Sergio Leone, so this is at least right in line for him.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
No, please stop. No need to continue making such a lavish display of your poor movie comprehension.

But by all means, you two go on thinking you know more about what Mad Max is than George Miller. VT already chose some soulless, faceless suit at UA over Sergio Leone, so this is at least right in line for him.

Directors can make creative mistakes/inconsistencies too, genius.

See what happened with Lucas. Miller just wanted an easy way to milk the series, hence he made the world and protagonist more malleable. He did a good job of pulling the wool over the fanboys eyes with that one. Who wouldn't have taken the series in that direction, with millions of dollars to be made?

To say the movie didn't champion Furiosa as the central hero of the movie is just plain fanboy blindness, or lack of comprehension of the movies intent.

In the orginal trilogy, Max Max is the titular character whom the stories revolve around. Without him the world is not nearly as appealing. So yes, he is a central messianic character and the civilizations he helped prevent getting snuffed out recognize him as a historically significant person, years later.

Next thing you know you'll be preaching about how The Evil Dead series isn't about Ash Williams.

You're too grumpy for your own good.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member

nope... you’re not bothered at all. :thevt:

Keep pontificating.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
VT is like the woman who has to have the last word, even when she doesn't understand why she's wrong. This is so weird to see unfold.

Tacitus

Staff member
VT is like the woman who has to have the last word, even when she doesn't understand why she's wrong. This is so weird to see unfold.

Nah, just bored as fuck while I wait on a phone call. This turned to trolling a while back for me. It appears to be working.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

This is how I always understood Mad Max.

He, like other Western heroes, is unable to reap the rewards he secures. He’ll never know peace but he will risk everything to secure it for others.

Max is a hero in part because he inspires others.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Nah, just bored as fuck while I wait on a phone call. This turned to trolling a while back for me. It appears to be working.
Classic panic backpedaling. How many times have we seen this?

Tacitus

Staff member
Classic panic backpedaling. How many times have we seen this?

Honestly, do you really think I hold that strong of an opinion or you or your views?

I didn't like 6 because it seemed like a step backwards. I liked the idea of Tommy becoming the new killer, and I wish they had gone forward with that.

Also, Kane Hodder sucks as Jason. Way too emotive. I really think the only reason he was ever popular as Jason was because of the way he embraced and engaged the fandom, which was kind of unusual in the pre-social media days. But his approach to the character is part of the franchise's decline.

Being lectured on cinematic critique by this guy. :lol:

Maybe you should author a retrospective of the Ernest movies and how they're a wonderful allegory for southern class struggle? That seems to be your intellectual depth.

Stop fellating yourself. You don't matter to me. Neither does this subject outside of a casual conversation.. Keep wasting your time exploring the character arc of a low-budget horror series, it belies your heavily curated and stilted cinematic genius character.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Honestly, do you really think I hold that strong of an opinion or you or your views?

Being lectured on cinematic critique by this guy. :lol:

Maybe you should author a retrospective of the Ernest movies and how they're a wonderful allegory for southern class struggle? That seems to be your intellectual depth.

Stop fellating yourself. You don't matter to me. Neither does this subject outside of a casual conversation.. Keep wasting your time exploring the character arc of a low-budget horror series, it belies your heavily curated and stilted cinematic genius character.
What an excitable fellow.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So are "Inglourious Basterds" and "Django Unchained" part of the same series?

I have always considered them to be companion pieces.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

Castellarantino and Corbuccintino universes are on different timelines now.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Quentin has said his movies are two universes, here's an article about it: https://screenrant.com/quentin-tarantino-movie-shared-universe-explained/

"There's the realer than real universe, alright, and all the characters inhabit that one."

"...There's this movie universe. And so From Dusk Till Dawn, Kill Bill, they all take place in this special movie universe. So basically when the characters of Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction, when they go to the movies, Kill Bill is what they go to see. From Dusk Till Dawn is what they see."