Recommend good Wii games.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
As in, stuff you yourself might actually play. I know that good Wii titles are relatively thin on the ground, but it has its gems.

I've got the following already:
A Boy and his Blob
Dead Space: Extraction
Fragile Dreams
House of the Dead: Overkill
MadWorld
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
No More Heroes
Okami (doesn't look nearly as nice as the PS2 version, for some reason)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

Bear in mind, I'm NOT a fan of Mario titles. I just include what I've got because the kids have them. What else really stands out?

NeoGeo-Qatar

Neo Jihad
10 Year Member
As in, stuff you yourself might actually play. I know that good Wii titles are relatively thin on the ground, but it has its gems.

I've got the following already:
A Boy and his Blob
Dead Space: Extraction
Fragile Dreams
House of the Dead: Overkill
MadWorld
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
No More Heroes
Okami (doesn't look nearly as nice as the PS2 version, for some reason)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

Bear in mind, I'm NOT a fan of Mario titles. I just include what I've got because the kids have them. What else really stands out?

Awesome List dude , you covered most of the Top games

Thanks

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'll second Punch-Out. And if you liked the first No More Heroes game there isn't really any reason not to play the second one. Especially since I'm sure you can find it pretty cheap now.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is kind of cool too, but I wouldn't spend too much on it.

Don't forget The House of the Dead 2&3. They are pretty much straight ports but still worth checking out.

But yeah, not a whole lot on the system worth playing IMO. I'd like to try Tatsunoko vs. Capcom more (I've only played it once) but I won't buy a Wii for it or anything.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
PunchOut!!
House of the Dead Overkill
New Donkey Kong Country (December release)

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Samurai Warriors 3 - I've clocked up the hours but admittedly it doesn't look like a next gen game. Still a great game however.
Sonic And The Secret Rings - One of the better next gen Sonic games.

Lot of shovelware on this system.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Completly forgot about this but.
Monster Hunter Tri is a most have if your into action adventure games, you can easily sink a few hundred hours into it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think if you have someone to play with, Wii Play can be really fun.

Other suggestions: Klonoa, Wario Land: Shake It.

Edit: Maybe Zack & Wiki too? I only tried it for few minutes. Seemed interesting.

Last edited:

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
Completly forgot about this but.
Monster Hunter Tri is a most have if your into action adventure games, you can easily sink a few hundred hours into it.

yes i definitely second this. if no one mentioned Monster Hunter Tri, i was gonna point out how much you're all missing. granted, i'm a huge Monster Hunter fan (mostly the console versions because handhelds aren't quite as suitable if you ask me) so i'm biased, but it's true you can sink a ton of hours into the game. i've already got around 900 hours and still not done. the game starts off slow but it rewards you on skill because even a good set of armor wont keep you from getting killed if you're not evading and attacking at the right moments. the game has a real charm to it. the amount of hours you invest is mostly on how much you like to fight the monsters and enjoy the different weapons style and also how much of a collector type of gamer you are. because thats basically what you're doing is gathering materials the whole time, making weapons and armor and trying your skill against the monsters. get it!

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Followup questions!

Punch-Out!! - Is this really all that good? I'm finding that most of the heavy motion-control games are kind of off-putting. Red Steel 2 is pretty neat, though.
Trauma Team - What's the style?
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - I have this. Forgot to put it on the list.
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 - A little iffy. I'm not a huge gun-game fan, but I'll give it a fair shake.
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - What kind of game is this?
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Played it on GC.
House of the Dead: Overkill - Got it.
Samurai Warriors 3 - Not a fan of the Musou games. Not bad, per se, but utterly stagnant and just not my thing.
Sonic and the Secret Rings - Never been into Sonic. I liked Sonic Adventure, back in the day, but that was quite literally it.
Klonoa - Is this a new game, or a port?
Wario Land: Shake It - What stands out about this, other than "it's not Mario"?
Zack & Wiki - I've been looking at this one.
Monster Hunter Tri - Everything I've seen of this makes it look like an MMORPG without the fuckheads populating every inch of the screen. Unfortunately, I really dislike the MMORPG flavor. The only similar game I've ever liked was Dragon Age: Origins, and that was largely because I really liked the story/characters.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Last edited:

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Punch-Out!! : No need to use motion control in this, it's a remake of the original.
You can use motion control if you want but it sucks ball.

Monster Hunter Tri : You kill big monsters, harvest/forage/hunt collect objects to create bigger better weapons and armor sets. Not much in terms of storyline.

Last edited:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Do you like shooters (light gun or scrolling) or arcade compilations? The Wii has a couple decent ones that have since gotten quite cheap.

Reality Check

World Hero
Followup questions!

Punch-Out!! - Is this really all that good? I'm finding that most of the heavy motion-control games are kind of off-putting. Red Steel 2 is pretty neat, though.

You don't need to play with the motion controls. You can play with the Wiimote on it's side and mirror the gameplay of the NES original. It's also the recommend way to play.

Klonoa - Is this a new game, or a port?

New game. It's a remake of the original game.

Wario Land: Shake It - What stands out about this, other than "it's not Mario"?

Nothing about it really stands out. It's pretty much Wario Land with close to HD 2D sprites on a console. Their also the shaking gimmick which you have to shake the wiimote to get a few things to function but it ain't so bad.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Williams Pinball Hall of Fame...

But only if you don't have it on 360/PS3

HeartlessNinny

You don't need to play with the motion controls. You can play with the Wiimote on it's side and mirror the gameplay of the NES original. It's also the recommend way to play.

Can you use the classic controller? I hate that silly little d-pad on the Wii remote.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I saw someone mention Wario Land, it's also good but I thought it was really easy.

Klonoa was awesome on there too.

Do NOT get Twilight Princess for it. Get it on cube instead.

Trauma Team actually has several perspectives that you play. For general surgeries, the wiimote acts as your surgical tools and the nunchuck lets you swap tools. Forensics is similar but you actually have time to think (with the exception of the massive bomb disarms) As for first response, imagine basic Trauma Center missions, except with bouncing back and forth between six or so patients.

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Nope. It only supports wiimote and nunchuck

Can you use the nunchuck's analog stick and skip the waggle?

If not, I might wind up passing on that game. I could deal with it in NSMBW (barely), but holding that damn remote sideways for something like Metroid Other M isn't something I want to do if I can help it.

Reality Check

World Hero

If not, I might wind up passing on that game. I could deal with it in NSMBW (barely), but holding that damn remote sideways for something like Metroid Other M isn't something I want to do if I can help it.

I never played the game with the nunchuck so I can't say.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist

Nope you either have to waggle and swing in the air like an idiot or use the wiimote sideways.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
These are the ones I own

Muramasa
Tiger Woods 10 (Excellent game if you loved playing wii sports golf)
Tat Vs. Cap
HOTD 2+3
Okami
Re4
RE Umbrella Chronicles
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
New Super Mario Bros
Punchout
HOTD Overkill No More Heroes
MAdWorld
Mario Kart
Mario Galaxy

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Lot of good suggestions.

I'd also recommend Sin & Punishment 2. In some ways, I actually prefer the original. It's on the virtual console, so you may want to check that out as well.

And if you are cool w/ wiiware, I'd also recommend Contra Rebirth.

Finally, the game that has probably got the most playtime from me on the Wii is Excite truck. It's a crazy over the top racer, but I think it's pretty addicting. You should be able to find it dirt cheap too.