Remove ridiculous 60 second wait in between sending messages

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
If I wanted your opinion I would have fucking asked for it.

Really? If you didn't want his/mine/everyone's opinion why did you post on a public forum? If you don't want anyone to respond to you, write it in a journal and keep it in your sock drawer. Which coincidentally would fix that 60 second wait problem for you too.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The time limit is an anti-spam measure that prevents ad-spammers from posting dozens of crap posts in just a few seconds. All forums I'm a member of have one, and those who don't install one after the first 100-posts-in-five-seconds spam attack.

May I recommend using the chat if you're looking for real-time conversation.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
It is slightly annoying, but I can see the reasons for it and at the end of the day its only 60 seconds.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm not whining at all, all I did was make a perfectly sensible suggestion.

Unfortunately, as per usual, a few immature fuckwits felt the need to reply with immature and rude posts.

You know it's quite funny thinking about how often you little bitches have complain about me, when you're the ones posting cihldish crap all the time. It's also quite funny how the only people I have ever had a problem with on here have been seppos.

You're really the only one who's rude here.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Ive never noticed it but if it prevents spam im all for it.

SSS

neo retired
Hewitson probably calls the people who tell him to shush in a movie theater for talking out loud to himself "rude cunts" as well.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I believe 60 seconds is a bit too much. I didnt know it also applied to forum posts either. But it could be brought down to 30secs as far as PM's go. 60 is a bit too much IMO if you got to reply to 3-4 pm's like Sammy said

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Gee it'd be absolutely impossible to write a script which waited 60 seconds before sending the next one, wouldn't it dickhead??

Soilwork why don't you fuck off and go & do what you do best (sucking cock). If I wanted your opinion I would have fucking asked for it.

ONE LINE OF CODE

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
The time limit is an anti-spam measure that prevents ad-spammers from posting dozens of crap posts in just a few seconds. All forums I'm a member of have one, and those who don't install one after the first 100-posts-in-five-seconds spam attack.

AKA Motion DENIED. The way TonK did it would probably be the best way if you have mass tracking numbers and thanks to send out.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
I believe 60 seconds is a bit too much. I didnt know it also applied to forum posts either. But it could be brought down to 30secs as far as PM's go. 60 is a bit too much IMO if you got to reply to 3-4 pm's like Sammy said

This is one of those things that are painful to the "good" members and absolutely mandatory for the knuckleheads.

I mean... can you imagine the damage that twat Supasaru could do? I hear he types like 115wpm on a bad day....

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm not whining at all, all I did was make a perfectly sensible suggestion.

Unfortunately, as per usual, a few immature fuckwits felt the need to reply with immature and rude posts.

You know it's quite funny thinking about how often you little bitches have complain about me, when you're the ones posting cihldish crap all the time. It's also quite funny how the only people I have ever had a problem with on here have been seppos.

Dude, I am absolutely NOT one to harsh on others on this website.

But your post is the essence of 'irony.'

It's totally understandable to be irritated about something. And internet forums exist, partly, to complain about things that bug you.

But taking the higher road will serve you well, whether you are actually being attacked by others or not. As it is, you've fairly buried yourself in this thread by using profane insults such as 'immature fuckwits' and 'little bitches' to describe other people you feel were unfairly maligning you. Acting in the same way you believe others are treating you is a one way trip down Hypocrite Alley. Just pointing it out.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Summing this thread up:
Deal_with_it_Jerry_Seinfeld_what_s_the_deal_with_it.gif

marsteam

, Typey McTypes-a-Lot,
I had to look up what the term 'seppos' means.
Wow.
seppo = septic tank = Yank.
Clever.

Other than smkdan, has there ever been ONE member from Australia that hasn't been either totally insane or incredibly unlikeable?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I had to look up what the term 'seppos' means.
Wow.
seppo = septic tank = Yank.
Clever.

Other than smkdan, has there ever been ONE member from Australia that hasn't been either totally insane or incredibly unlikeable?

beelzebubble

Australian born; Japan living

that seppo term makes no sense

i mean, Australia was literally a dumping ground for unwanted human specimens so that's a pretty big pot kettle black thing right there

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I THINK calling someone a seppo is the equivalent of describing someone as though they're perpetually full of shit.

Maybe.

magnus_101

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I THINK calling someone a seppo is the equivalent of describing someone as though they're perpetually full of shit.

Maybe.
Thats exactly what it means,it goes back to the days of WW2 and the British were the first ones to use it.....probably as a counter for the term "limey" which was short for lime sucker and used by the yanks to describe the British accent as well as British people in general.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
That kid looks like s/he's about to turn into a Majini.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

It's not about the real time response but more about if I have to respond to 10+ PMs I have a waiting time of 10 minutes total when I should be able to bang them out faster. If we need to do captchas that's fine with me, beats waiting a minute.

SSS

neo retired
Captchas suck. Like wes posted earlier, if you really need to bang out rapid fire responses, use an email account.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's not about the real time response but more about if I have to respond to 10+ PMs I have a waiting time of 10 minutes total when I should be able to bang them out faster. If we need to do captchas that's fine with me, beats waiting a minute.

I never really thought about this, but I edited the options and now there's only a 30 second floodcheck on PMs.