Rittenhouse Trial

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
(17 being the age when you can join any branch of the armed services with parental consent.)
It is my understanding that guns are tightly controlled in the armed services.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My point is that gun control seeking to ban semi-automatic rifles is illogical when the overwhelming majority of homicides are caused by handguns.

Why are none of these groups seeking to ban handguns?

It’s all feel good political theater. I purport that opponents of semi-automatic rifles don’t actually care about saving lives.

They care about donations and re-elections.

If the laws are aimed at mitigating High Casualty Mass Shootings, then the logic would be to "Go After" semi-automatic rifles.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The weapons charge (the one I thought had the best chance of succeeding) got dropped by the judge.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If the laws are aimed at mitigating High Casualty Mass Shootings, then the logic would be to "Go After" semi-automatic rifles.

Yes, I agree but meanwhile 15,000 other Americans would die from bullets fired from handguns.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The weapons charge (the one I thought had the best chance of succeeding) got dropped by the judge.
Holy shit, looks like the kids probably going to get off then.
Watched a clip from a few minutes ago he up there grinning having the time of his life.
I don't know what all the detailis are there's several new lesser charges being brought against him and which ones of those will be allowed.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Holy shit, looks like the kids probably going to get off then.
Watched a clip from a few minutes ago he up there grinning having the time of his life.
I don't know what all the detailis are there's several new lesser charges being brought against him and which ones of those will be allowed.
Yeah, really fucked up that tbe judge dropped that charge. Judge is human garbage.

The state wrote a clarification to that law a couple of years ago that renders moot the argument about the law's clarity.

lithy

20 Year Member
The state wrote a clarification to that law a couple of years ago that renders moot the argument about the law's clarity.

Citation please, can't find anything about this.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-172056_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-172056_Chrome.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 7

lithy

20 Year Member

It's covered towards the end of that article

So I notice that literally everyone in that article is like, "Yeah, it's badly written, but what they meant was..."

Sorry, but write a better law then if your intent is not covered. Don't convict people by your interpretation of a plain letter law. That is a foolish way to administer justice.

That memo was from 2018? So the legislature had two years to fix it and didn't? Must not have been that important. Probably too busy passing other poorly written laws to worry about correcting the previous work.

Apropos that the state loses their one 'slam dunk' charge because of piss poor work by the state. Tough nuts.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I actually thought he would be convicted until the dumpster fire of states witnesses.

I did not watch the video of the killings because despite being a degenerate member of this website I don’t watch videos of people being killed or seriously injured. 20+ years on the internet and I’ve managed to avoid bad shit.

Rittenhouse is still a dumbass. He better lay low after he is out.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It's in his best interest if he goes to prison.
His life is ruined already at 18.

Look at Zimmerman, what a trainwreck -sounds like a shit quality of life to me.
Don't think he's had any sort of job since,, think he's gone to jail or court a few times for beating his wives or girlfriends.
Tried to auction his pistol.
Gets chased around and shot at by people that are upset he got off.

Maybe he goes to prison a couple years, get his PIMP hand certification and a couple classes towards his associates he can have a PR team spin off some sort of positive story on Inside Edition TMZ whatever in a couple years after he gets out.

I missed this post but I think what happened to Zimmerman afterward is because he is a piece of shit. He was when he shot Martin and he continued to be after.

Trying to sell your gun and make money off of it because it has a body on it is absolutely reprehensible. Dude’s a POS.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I actually thought he would be convicted until the dumpster fire of states witnesses.

I did not watch the video of the killings because despite being a degenerate member of this website I don’t watch videos of people being killed or seriously injured. 20+ years on the internet and I’ve managed to avoid bad shit.

Rittenhouse is still a dumbass. He better lay low after he is out.
What? He’s already been talking to recruiters from the Marines…

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think about Merc from time to time. With the low popularity of malls these days, I often wonder what’s out there that he’s “protecting.”

I wonder if he is still doing security. I know he actually carried a gun at times, but he patrolled housing complexes and shit like that.

I hope he is doing well and maybe calmed the fuck down a bit. His kids are probably almost high schoolers now.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What? He’s already been talking to recruiters from the Marines…

America is no longer at war.

The military has great discretion at who they recruit. He should be an easy no. Too much baggage. Tell him to try again in four years.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
America is no longer at war.

The military has great discretion at who they recruit. He should be an easy no. Too much baggage. Tell him to try again in four years.

Actually, If Rittenhouse wants to join the military he’ll have no problem joining La Legion Entrangre.

Might do him some good.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I missed this post but I think what happened to Zimmerman afterward is because he is a piece of shit. He was when he shot Martin and he continued to be after.

Trying to sell your gun and make money off of it because it has a body on it is absolutely reprehensible. Dude’s a POS.

Kyle was a 17 year old high school drop out.
I guess he was working part time at the YMCA as a lifeguard before Covid living in an apartment with his mother a CNA.
After he dropped out he did ride alongs with the local police and firefighters approached the Marines but got turned down.
Sounds like a huge dissapoint after he made a bunch of bootlicker posts on social media.

Marines especially and most of the military don't take high school drop outs. Best bet is the Army if you get a GED and take some college.
Googled it just now, outwardly they say they could make waivers. I bet after 20 years of deployments they've lowered some requirements.

Several articles have stated he has three sealed convictions or ongoing cases against him and there was attempts to have them opened to the public.
These records are sealed for privacy concerns for minors and because people can do goofy stuff growing up. Hopefully they can be rehabilitated.
If they show he has an propensity towards violence, acting out or anything relevant they should have been discussed or released.
I was watching the jury instructions and it's OK to say the two dead and the injured guy have criminal convictions (call them criminals) on top of being able to refer to them as rioters and looters or whatever.

He started out the day cleaning up graffiti in the town!
Seems like a popular community service thing to me and it'd be funny if that's really what it was.

Another disturbing thing to me is how he bought the rifle with stimi money or unemployment. Not a peep form the right about that they love complaining about working poor who take $100 a month to get food. MAh tax dollars!!! Us essential workers got screwed!!
I mean come on he's a 17 year old living with his moms.

He's a saint now.

Nah anyway you slice it I think he's on the way up.
Unless some nutter double taps him I don't see how things can get any worse.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Most gun owners used their stimulus money to buy guns or ammo, lol.

I myself bought a sampler and drum machine.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
:keke:

I got a gun from the Government once.

Thanks Civillian Marksmanship Program.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
How do you guys even bait me into these debates?

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
These days people love passing along blame and it's disgusting.
I've had/have/would have a weapon of war, assualt rifle, semi auto whatever.
Don't really have a problem with most other people having them as well.

It's not ----(ever' Mericans God given right to have an Ar15 under Christmas the tree!!!) though
Kyle Rittenhouse probably shouldn't have had one.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
-Doesn't say shit about AR15's, they had like black powder muskets and blunderbusses back then.

Crap was banned for a decade wasn't it?
Then the ban lapsed and the president at the time said he would have signed (Bush) it again but it never came across his desk
and he wasn't going to go out looking for it.

If people keep fucking around and Reagan gets shot again and they pass regulations thirteen years later I won't throw too much of a fit.
I'm sure pre-ban stuff, other loopholes and $$$ will help those willing get whatever they want at slightly inflated price anyways.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The “they had muskets” argument doesn’t cut the mustard.

They didn’t have telephone, radio, or the internet either.

And they held people in bondage like cattle.

Guns are here to stay with this Supreme Court.

The NY case will seal the right to carry.

The next cases will clarify what a weapon “in common use is.”

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The “they had muskets” argument doesn’t cut the mustard.

They didn’t have telephone, radio, or the internet either.
Yup and you know what they've had to make laws and regulations about those things as well.