River City Ransom: Underground

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yes, it's PC only for now. Really awesome about RCR being on the cart!

This sucks...I don't have a PC to game on...

I'd love getting to play this game but unless they release it on any other platform, I'll probably never land up playing it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
RCR:U went up today on Steam Greenlight, so cast those votes! It looks like Arc System Works is letting the game continue.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
There was a GBA River City Ransom, too. Was that sequel, port, or what?

It was a port. It had a save system that wasn't the best, and the only other difference I can remember was that it had one other gang which wore red , and dropped a lot of money and carried longer chains. The graphics were a little sharper too.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
It was a port. It had a save system that wasn't the best, and the only other difference I can remember was that it had one other gang which wore red , and dropped a lot of money and carried longer chains. The graphics were a little sharper too.

The controls were different, with a tap or press for attack. Also, the game incorporated all the moves from the Famicom game Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou.

After you beat the game once, it also incorporated the boss-join mechanic from Shuugou, where other bosses can join you. However, it's implemented different than Shuugou. This is how the game should be have been from the start, and it's interesting how it's calculated. For instance, if you over-use certain attacks or hit a guy while he's down some bosses may not decide to join you while others will. Along with the calculation you have to meet certain action criteria such as defeating/befriending/visiting certain people. That's where replay value comes in. There are FAQs out there which show the specs.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

It added new moves too (such as holding punch or kick button)

Edit: ForeverSublime beat me to it

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
RCR:U went up today on Steam Greenlight, so cast those votes! It looks like Arc System Works is letting the game continue.
That was quite a surprise. Didn't look too good over at their Kickstarter page.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I would think existing agreements would have to be honored by the acquiring group. That's how most mergers have worked with my companies.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
It's almost here, Feb. 27!!! The game looks bad-ass:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It's been a long time coming. Looks great! They've nailed it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What about the 3DS game that came out a few months ago? I don't game on PC, so I'm missing out on this one.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Please...PLEASE let this come to the console market...

Such want...but I have a 7 year old iMac at home in my basement...I will not be gaming on it any time soon.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Looks awesome.

I'm surprised that since its officially licensed that there's no Kunio in it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Please...PLEASE let this come to the console market...

Such want...but I have a 7 year old iMac at home in my basement...I will not be gaming on it any time soon.

My Mac is 10 years old, so no game for me either.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I hope since they got stopped at a PC only release (for now?) they also go with the non-DRM release on GoG too and not just steam. They should widen their appeal as much as possible so maybe they still can stretch to supporting the PS4 and Vita as they wanted to do which the kickstarter failed to get into.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Looks awesome.

I'm surprised that since its officially licensed that there's no Kunio in it.

Kunio is named Alex in the original US RCR (appears aged in this new game)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
You're right. Its been such a long time since I've played the original that I've long forgotten.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Looking so good. I backed this project a long as time ago. Glad to see its finally coming out. Sucks its only PC. I have a rig but its a few years old. Should be good enough for this. I'll be fuckin with Paul. Those boxing moves get me hype

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
It's looking good.
Hope my 6 year old PC can play this.

I hate updating my PC cause I rarely use it.
My work laptop is the shit, but I can't load anything on it.