B. Jenet's Firstmate
There's:

P ROM - 68K program (16-bit)
V1 ROM - ADPCM-A port (8-bit)
V2 ROM - ADPCM-B port (8-bit)

C ROM - VDP object tiles (32-bit)
S ROM - VDP overlay tiles (8-bit)
M ROM - Z80 program (8-bit)

and only 14x as many signals as a DS cart..

I can understand conversions for the sake of protos that were never released, but besides that, then you're better off just going for MAME. So you have your 'look what I can do moment,' that's it, and you butchered a cart for it.
That's why I decided to do it, so I could make my own carts 100% independent of SNK. In the end I only sacrificed one AES cart whose case I'll eventually reuse and an original MVS bootleg, not a horrible waste IMO.

Last edited:

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
And both will be used to plant trees for hungry children in Thailand. You're a saint my friend.

antron

n00b
The whole project just seems like a waste of time. Playing converted carts on official hardware defeats the purpose of even playing on the original operating system in the first place.

I can understand conversions for the sake of protos that were never released, but besides that, then you're better off just going for MAME. So you have your 'look what I can do moment,' that's it, and you butchered a cart for it.

MAME; been there, done that, on several arcade cabs.

looking for 100% correct implementation of the program on original hardware. and I am a flash cart junkie, soldering iron monkey. play what ever I want, and just buy what I really like.