SALE CLOSED BY SELLER: Many MVS Kits

Detroit44

n00b
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Frankly, I cannot take the negativity of this forum. This sale is now closed. To the kind members who contacted me regarding purchases, I will honor our deals no problem. It is sad it has come to this - but life is just too short.I have the following MVS kits for sale. The prices include shipping in the continental US. I hope the following paragraph does not offend anyone. I am just trying to keep the sale both fair and managable.

All kits purchased will ship on Thursday of each week with a tracking number. Payment must be by Paypal (non-gift) and made within 24 hours or item will be placed for sale again. I cannot do holds and will not reply to requests for additional pictures until Wednesday. If you request additional pictures the kit will still be available for sale in the meantime. I have taken many Hi-Def pics in order for potential buyers to feel informed. Finally, the prices are firm and I will not respond to requests for volume discounts (unless you wish to purchase the entire lot).

All of the carts and artwork are in excellent to mint condition and the boxes are in very good to excellent condition. All have matching serial numbers (except for Fight Fever which is off by 1). Each kit comes with a clear protective case. A picture of the kits for sale is below along with a link to additional pictures. Thanks for looking - here are the kits I have for sale:

Fight Fever - Only FF I have seen - SOLD Pending Payment
Windjammers - SOLD Pending Payment

Here is a link to some Hi-Def pics and a picture of the collection below. Thanks for looking!

LINK REMOVED

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised you are able to have this thread going as your account seems like one ripe to have been in the Purge

Detroit44

n00b
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have been an active member on this Forum for years. Just because you Post every few seconds doesn't mean that I am any less of a member. The funny part is, I could sell all of the above kits on Ebay for significantly more money. After my last sale on this forum, I noticed a number of my kits on Ebay within the week at much higher prices. If you read my other posts you would note that I prefer to offer these kits to the forum members at a discount (as a way of saying thank you). If you prefer I bi-pass the forum and take the kits to Ebay, just let me know. Unfortunately, it will be the Forum members who will have to pay more for thier kits. Yikes - what is this world coming too... BTW - "Pope" - I have double your feedback. Now to get another post credit, go say something dumb on someone else's post. What a great attribute to this community you must be!

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If your kits ended up on eBay, then it's your own fault for selling to those who aren't established forum members.

And I think that your response to the Pope is way out of proportion to what he posted.

Detroit44

n00b
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Hey Mr. 10 Feedback Pasky (member since 2013) - seen a full Fight Fever kit for sale on this forum lately? How about a minty SNK vs Capcom for $275?

Well, as of now the sale is closed. I will not return to this forum. Life is too short for all the negativity!

Member since 2009 - gone.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Hold the phone. Mark is a good dude - always has been on this forum and others.

Almost every kit he has listed would be up 30% more on ebay, he's taking off the ebay discount PLUS some. Pasky - check neotropolis prices on similar kits - literally double, and they occasionally sell.

Mark buys only the best of the best, never haggles, and pays top dollar. When he goes to sell - he prices it to move and as best I can tell - always loses out. He does that FOR the community. The marketplace purge was for market leeches and scammers. Mark is the opposite of both. We've had others afforded some courtesy like alberto1225, Tomcat, and a few others.

Hope you stick around, Mark. I always enjoy looking at your cabs and collection pieces.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
He may be a good dude, but he totally flew off the handle when the Pope made the observation about his post count to feedback score ratio. Pope was right that OP was lucky to have not been caught up in the Great Purge. I don't agree with Pasky about his prices, either. But again, if his kits ended up on eBay then he was hooking flippers up with forum deals because he didn't know one member from another, because he isn't part of this community.

Detroit44

n00b
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Thanks Mike - I appreciate the support. Unfortunately, too many negative vocal minority in this community. Chalk it up to life is too short. OK - all you negative members can now get your POST score higher by making whatever comments you want. Just know, I will never read them.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hold the phone. Mark is a good dude - always has been on this forum and others.

Almost every kit he has listed would be up 30% more on ebay, he's taking off the ebay discount PLUS some. Pasky - check neotropolis prices on similar kits - literally double, and they occasionally sell.

Mark buys only the best of the best, never haggles, and pays top dollar. When he goes to sell - he prices it to move and as best I can tell - always loses out. He does that FOR the community. The marketplace purge was for market leeches and scammers. Mark is the opposite of both. We've had others afforded some courtesy like alberto1225, Tomcat, and a few others.

Hope you stick around, Mark. I always enjoy looking at your cabs and collection pieces.

^^

whoa whoa. Ive also dealt with mark. His stuff is some of the nicest shit you will ever see. Im sorry if you dont like the price he put, but then just dont buy it.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Posts in the marketplace don't count towards post count. Of course, you'd know that if you were an active part of the community here.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Pope was right that OP was lucky to have not been caught up in the Great Purge.
This is where we disagree, I think. There are plenty of members who were not purged. Low post / high feed wasn't the only criteria - it was a combination of flipping, selling at ebay prices, etc. Anyone who has seen Mark sell stuff in the past knows his threads close in about a day because when he does decide to move stuff, he moves it to move. He doesn't milk it at all. I won't disagree that he doesn't know members well enough and that fact that people flipped his last batch of kits is on him, ultimately. That said, he doesn't fit the definition of flipper, leech, or scammer by any stretch.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Was going to post inb4 dr4m4 when this thread showed up but I'm glad I didn't. I agree with Mike, this seller is the complete opposite of why the 'Purge' was put in place. If we're to base our bias on post count versus feedback, then sure, but I don't see the point in that.

Yes, we want forum members to contribute by being active in the community. But I'd say offering a good price to members IS being positively active. Tomcat, I another prime example.

And Pasky, neotropolis prices? Really? Just settle down there nooblet.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just making an observation buddy and not meaning any disrespect. You have some awesome kits in the collection and very fair prices. I was only pointing out that since VT did the purge the market has been pretty different No need to get so angry about things and personal attacks against posts and feedback were not needed as nobody had brought them up except for you. Nice set again dude and if you take things to eBay I hope you make some killer bank because those things are worth it.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
This is where we disagree, I think. There are plenty of members who were not purged. Low post / high feed wasn't the only criteria - it was a combination of flipping, selling at ebay prices, etc. Anyone who has seen Mark sell stuff in the past knows his threads close in about a day because when he does decide to move stuff, he moves it to move. He doesn't milk it at all. I won't disagree that he doesn't know members well enough and that fact that people flipped his last batch of kits is on him, ultimately. That said, he doesn't fit the definition of flipper, leech, or scammer by any stretch.

That's fine. But Pope was just posting an observation and OP kind of flipped out. Pope didn't call him a slipper, leech, or scammer. Just said that OP's account "seems like one ripe to have been in the Purge." Which to be fair was a pretty accurate observation.

Pasky's remark was off-base, but he's a newb so who cars what he says? But based on that and Pope's remark, the guy gets super-defensive and closes the sale?

I get that the guy sold primo shit at good prices, but there's something to be said for the ease of offloading that stuff here versus the headache of eBay. Doesn't necessarily make him a valuable forum member, in my opinion.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
LOL, drive away some of the best sellers guys.. sad to see this happen.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Why? What's the difference? This whole market purge has descended into a mixture of witch hunt and Benny Hill.

This.

What I've learned from the marketplace purge is that all sellers need 24+ months exposure to the forums, 500+ post count, 15- feedback and not come from Italy, Spain or France. Also, if you have an eBay account, prepare to have the scrutinised and if you're selling a game that you bought within 6 months, well, prepare to get burned at the stake.

Your best best is to stick with selling games like Top Players Golf, Riding Hero, Ninja Combat and Baseball Star Professional, unless of course, you want the dr4m4.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I won't disagree that he doesn't know members well enough and that fact that people flipped his last batch of kits is on him, ultimately.

I am most interested to know which POS members were involved in this. ^^

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Still enjoying my Twinkle Star Sprites full kit from Detroit44 and it's not going anywhere.

It's a shame that so many of the kits were flipped but I guess at the end of the day when someone pays money for ownership they are entitled to do as they wish but still unfortunate.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Also, if you have an eBay account, prepare to have the scrutinised and if you're selling a game that you bought within 6 months, well, prepare to get burned at the stake.

not if you sell for the same or less than you paid. asking for more = flipping.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
WTF? Detroit44 is a straight up nigga in my book :buttrock: