SALE CLOSED BY SELLER: Many MVS Kits

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Mark's a great guy and always been a stand up member in my book. Definitely one of the best seller and buyers on this forum. :(

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I had a chance to see the original post, and the guy's prices were insanely good on some hard to find shit. Too bad.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I purchased my consolized Sammy Atomiswave from Detroit44 a number of years ago. It's one of my favorite pieces of hardware and I can't thank him enough for helping me with something I definitely couldn't do on my own. If you're reading this, Detroit44, thank you, sir! :)

To those of you who harassed this upstanding member, shut up: just shut up. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for helping to drive away a genuinely cool guy. Personally, I'd be more concerned about the generally caustic nature of this community than buyers and sellers not posting enough in the General Discussion section of the forum. :shame:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
Personally, I'd be more concerned about the generally caustic nature of this community than buyers and sellers not posting enough in the General Discussion section of the forum. :shame:

What I'm going to say has nothing to do with Detroit44. As I said, he's a stand up guy. I just want to answer this.

We've been through a lot shit bro and I understand why Jibbajaba feel that way. A lot of people abused of your generosity. I remember that guy who bought my $100 Metal Slug Kit that came with a free Samurai Shodown cart. He flipped the kit alone for twice the price on here as soon as he got it. He made sure not to leave any feedback. When I called him out, he asked me to edit my message so I could get my feedback. This kind of people are really getting on everyone's nerves and ruining this hobby. They are the ones to blame for what's going on here. I wouldn't say that the community has a "caustic nature" but yeah, we tend to get involved and protect our people (Beff, that's not wasist) more intensively these days. I'd say, don't kick the dogs for barking at the door when your friend comes in. They could save your ass the night someone breaks in.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Also, if you have an eBay account, prepare to have the scrutinised and if you're selling a game that you bought within 6 months, well, prepare to get burned at the stake.

not if you sell for the same or less than you paid. asking for more = flipping.

From the basis of what has just gone on in this thread, I have to disagree. There appears to be no distinct rules as to why someone gets ousted here.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Bummer to see this ended this way. I can see why it may have seemed like Mark overreacted at first but he's one of the nicest most giving guys out there. Guy works insane hours but always has time for an email to chat games and what not.

Hope you stick around D44.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I recently bought from detroit44 (3 transactions totaling around $7-800, mostly on the shmups forum). By mistake, he sent me the wrong package. He paid for me to send it back his way, paid again for the proper package to get to me. But that's just common sense...right? Well, on top of that, he threw in a free Mars Matrix CPS2 (battery powered and nice condition too) in one of the boxes to make up for the inconvenience.

That was mighty nice of him. For sure, it was more than what he needed to do, to make up for the delay in me getting what I paid for. I seriously wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. In fact, when I saw this thread yesterday, I actually went and see if he had posted for sale thread on shmups and KLOV for different items.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Clearly too nice of a guy for this forum. I think we’ll be seeing a lot more follow in his footsteps.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
From the basis of what has just gone on in this thread, I have to disagree. There appears to be no distinct rules as to why someone gets ousted here.

I was only referring to the ebay thing. It's not a matter of 6 months, or even 6 days, if someone sells for more than they paid, it's flipping. And that's why ppl get the torches and pitchforks out. If you sell for the same or less than you paid, no one will give anyone shit over that, outside of a comment like "Man, yer selling that alrdy?"

OT: I have nothing against the seller, but I do agree with pope's comment. I personally don't use other forums, and havent even checked shmups in a while, but I feel like ppl who post the same the sales threads across multiple forums also don't care too much about the community, and just want their stuff sold as quickly as possible for profit. I could be wrong, but that's just the vibe I get.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I feel like ppl who post the same the sales threads across multiple forums also don't care too much about the community, and just want their stuff sold as quickly as possible for profit. I could be wrong, but that's just the vibe I get.

I "bro-lovingly-disagree” with you about that. Some of the best sellers cross forum post, and some do not. My recent sales thread went up on 3 forums simultaneously, almost every item sold for less than I paid. Did I went them to sell as quickly as possible, sure did but that’s how I typically like to clear space on my bookshelf. It’s all about getting things to fit on the bookshelf "just right” :lolz:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I was only referring to the ebay thing. It's not a matter of 6 months, or even 6 days, if someone sells for more than they paid, it's flipping. And that's why ppl get the torches and pitchforks out. If you sell for the same or less than you paid, no one will give anyone shit over that, outside of a comment like "Man, yer selling that alrdy?"

That's fine. But I've been here long enough to understand what warrants as flipping, I don't feel as though your justification was needed. Regardless of if someone is selling for the same or less, if they haven't posted elsewhere on the forum recently, then the seller should expect an earful? I still feel as though this whole mess could have been avoided if it was approached differently.

We will drive the good sellers away if we're to act spiteful and bully just for the sake of it. There is no fine line in this purge, hence why the seller did no fall under it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The Purge serves an important purpose, but lets not throw babies out with the bathwater here.

I hope he sees this and reconsiders his decision to leave the forums.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has been logging in so no exile yet. I say he should come back. As I've said a couple times the guy has some really nice stuff in that collection.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I "bro-lovingly-disagree” with you about that. Some of the best sellers cross forum post, and some do not. My recent sales thread went up on 3 forums simultaneously, almost every item sold for less than I paid. Did I went them to sell as quickly as possible, sure did but that’s how I typically like to clear space on my bookshelf. It’s all about getting things to fit on the bookshelf "just right” :lolz:

I couldn't think of a response to this that didn't sound like a double standard. You are obviously active here, you've helped out a lot in the blast club thread amongst other things, and I know you are active on other forums as well. I know for a fact you are not in this for profit, and I would never accuse you of that. I think my comment was too broad, and I don't believe every one who cross-posts is out for the $$$, but I guess the "vibe" I was referring to really just applies to the ppl who are only here for the market.

That's fine. But I've been here long enough to understand what warrants as flipping, I don't feel as though your justification was needed. Regardless of if someone is selling for the same or less, if they haven't posted elsewhere on the forum recently, then the seller should expect an earful? I still feel as though this whole mess could have been avoided if it was approached differently.

We will drive the good sellers away if we're to act spiteful and bully just for the sake of it. There is no fine line in this purge, hence why the seller did no fall under it.

my apologies man, you obviously know what flipping is, I wasn't trying to spell it out, I said what I said cuz I didn't quite agree with you about being scrutinized just for having an ebay account, and selling there. And I agree with you, this whole thing probably could've been handled better. The Purge was drastic no doubt, but I do believe something had to be done.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Sucks that the kits got flipped, but it happens when you don't check the people you sell to.

I don't think you cared when you sold shmups/pcbs on shmups.com though as obvious by your post count there.