scumbag sony

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
They are trying to cover ass so you dont sue them or join a class action suit.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
So this is probably not news to most ppl:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14948701

Basically read your EULA and don't give money to SONY,specially not your personal info.

I sound like an old fart but you really have to drop the ball to make Microsoft look like a responsible security minded company.

Why are you whining, its not like you're gonna sue sony. You'll accept that agreement and not care about this tomorrow. Why be left out of cool games because of this reason. All these companies are trying to cover their asses.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Why are you whining, its not like you're gonna sue sony. You'll accept that agreement and not care about this tomorrow. Why be left out of cool games because of this reason. All these companies are trying to cover their asses.

This post reeks of blind fanboyism.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

It's not like you will sue them as a single individual because you won't want to incur the court costs on your own. But as a collective where you are able to simply sign onto a class and collect money, you are infinitely more likely to want in.

I'm enjoying your defense of Sony though; it's ridiculous enough to elicit good responses as to how/why Sony is fucked up.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I find it interesting that Sony doesn't seem to have learned anything about how to treat their consumers from the PSN hacker PR fiasco.

It's like they said 'We gave them four free games, access to a bunch of services no noe cares about and month of the relatively worthless PSN Plus. Time to go back to being jerks to everyone!'

This is just going to get them hacked all over again.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
People expect too much from these companies. Their consoles don't even work properly. You can't trust these corporate fuckers. Were people really surprised when personal information was leaked? The lesson learned is to never give out information that you would give a shit about if it actually was compromised, and if you want to buy something from their stores, do it with prepaid cards. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are all devious, fat companies. It's a shame that in order to support the software we love, we have to also support these miserable excuses for gaming consoles.

CafeineCake

Overtop Pathfinder

Holding ppl and companies alike accountable for their action is soooooooooooo outdated?
The problem is not really with sony, the problem are consumers, no one seems to realise you can make a difference based on where you put your money. So sony will continue to abuse that, here is a small list of the past &*%%^$ by sony http://attrition.org/security/rant/sony_aka_sownage.html .

I realized now this might be getting close to trolling so i will go back to my cave.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
There is a loophole in the EULA, you can write to SONY to waive that problem. At this point though, I'm just gonna sell my PS3 and get a cheap blu-ray player.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Sony : "We know our security is so sad that a 13 year old with half a brain can SQL inject us all day long. We'll no doubt get all your personal info stolen again, so it's cheaper and easier for us to just make you sign this agreement than actually try to improve our security."

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
So people are expecting big corps to be nice..........?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
quick somebody photoshop scumbag steve's hat on a sony logo.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
scumbagsony.png

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Seriously, what is Sony's major malfunction?

Has any company, except for maybe Square-Enix, ever shown a greater degree of ignorance regarding the social culture of the very markets they make money from?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's kind of like how the US relates to the third world and Middle East. And then it's, "whoops, we didn't see this coming!"

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If sign off most of these kind of rights with every EULA for every company.

edit: drink coffee before reading internets.... What i meant to say was you'd be surprised how much you sign away with any EULA.

Arbitration by moderator, no class action, and so on.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Exposes your personal and financial information

Apologizes and then threatens you with a ban if you don't accept their new terms.

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:
my work here is done

p.s. Thank you SetaSouji

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I kinda agree with lwgay, when I seen the terms of use change, I didn't even read it I just clicked accept like I always did....and so did you..

I never intended to sue, I already have my ID theft insurance from them, now I just wanna play uncharted 3 and twisted metal when they come out :) I guess I am just not as principled as some of you on this issue, but the money I would make from selling my old ps3 wouldn't get me enough to be worth missing out on the hours of fun in my near future :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I kinda agree with lwgay, when I seen the terms of use change, I didn't even read it I just clicked accept like I always did....and so did you..

I never intended to sue, I already have my ID theft insurance from them, now I just wanna play uncharted 3 and twisted metal when they come out :) I guess I am just not as principled as some of you on this issue, but the money I would make from selling my old ps3 wouldn't get me enough to be worth missing out on the hours of fun in my near future :)

The irony here is that you're looking at it from a very selfish "I already have ID theft insurance so I don't care about anyone else" perspective.

Sony needs to be more serious about protecting customer information. Doesn't matter if they offer their service for free or not. They make A LOT of money from it, regardless, as it's a vehicle to sell games and media services. See, no one cares if you ever play another game. Not even your mom. But what people do care about is that you and everyone else, except the cave people and the blackhatters, has their data protected.

What's the worst thing that can happen?

By supporting Sony's move, you are saying it's okay for Sony to leave their service unsecured. Any future breaches will be remedied on a case by case basis. This means that justice will be denied for many due to formalities.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
guess I should stay out of this argument as I honestly don't understand this case by case basis concept or what grounds you could previously sue sony on and why you can't now.

but I still feel like the worst case scenario from this whole hacking ordeal was a inconvenience of some people making a phone call to their bank or credit card company. I don't think sony is blameless but I don't know that the hack was due to weak security on sony's part and I don't think sufficient security would have prevented it. I never feel my data is 100% safe anywhere on the internet, so I generally only put out what I am comfortable with losing if the benefits outweigh the possible worst case scenario.

I use facebook too, it sucks they sell my information and won't let me delete messages, it sucks that I have to be careful what I put on there knowing it's there forever, but it is usefull to me so I deal with that knowledge.

I guess I am a bit selfish in that regard then.