Sega Teases Sequels of Classic Games - Shinobi, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, Golden Axe, SOR

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hmmm...

A coupe of those look like they may not be horrible or might even be proper remakes but I'm not going to hold my breath. I really want that JSR remake to be good though. I'd also love to see a new Outrun and Panzer Dragoon Zwei get proper treatment.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Looks like those bargain bin compilations of arcade conversions you could pick up for home computar back in the late 80s early 90s.
But whatever, bring it on

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Who is the king of rehashing, Sega or Nintendo? My bet is Sega.

But a JSR remake that has modern controls and QOL improvements I'd be all over.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
New Shinobi? *Please don't be a clip art game, please don't be a clip art game" FUCK

FUCK

I'm blaming jro on this one:

The new JSR and Crazy Taxi look good. We'll see how they play.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
This is good news, but the Golden Axe remake looks really shitty :keke: The rest do look better though.

Still a shame Sega haven’t had a new IP worth a toss since the Dreamcast era. This is them cashing in on their heritage.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Cashing in is fine by me. Would be great to have a bunch of classic racing games on Switch like they did with Virtua Racing

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
This is good news, but the Golden Axe remake looks really shitty :keke: The rest do look better though.

Still a shame Sega haven’t had a new IP worth a toss since the Dreamcast era. This is them cashing in on their heritage.
Actually think it's the most interesting one out of the lot together with Jet Set

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Actually think it's the most interesting one out of the lot together with Jet Set
Really? It felt it looked pretty chonky. It’s (hopefully) early days and will improve, as I got beast rider vibes from the footage.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

Yakuza is better than anything they did in the 90s lol.

I'm hoping they make a new sega rally. Or at least rerelease the old ones digitally.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I was jazzed by the Shinobi footage I saw, shruggies and tuggies

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yakuza is better than anything they did in the 90s lol.

I'm hoping they make a new sega rally. Or at least rerelease the old ones digitally.
If the Yakuza team did the new SOR game that would be something to be excited about. Blaze has a bicycle OH SHIT

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
If the Yakuza team did the new SOR game that would be something to be excited about. Blaze has a bicycle OH SHIT

But why? it's not like that team is known for stellar gameplay or anything. They make games about the Yakuza and silly side stories and life in Japan (seems mainly Osaka).

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They're the only internal team at Sega capable of producing a good game, and they have experience with violent gameplay. This new game is probably being made by some lowest bidder outsourced studio that nobody's ever heard of that has no clue how to make this type of game.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
how about Crack Down?

or am I the only one who remembers and likes it

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Who is the king of rehashing, Sega or Nintendo? My bet is Sega.

But a JSR remake that has modern controls and QOL improvements I'd be all over.
Is this a joke! Nintendo's switch console is basically rehashing of wii u titles over and over and over and over again.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is this a joke! Nintendo's switch console is basically rehashing of wii u titles over and over and over and over again.
To be fair, they both do it. The difference is when Nintendo does it their rehashes are usually actually good games. Sega made a bunch of shit and Sonic Mania. And I guess Streets of Rage 4 if that's your bag, it isn't mine. Sega can't even release an emulated Genesis game pack that isn't shit.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I thought these were new games in the franchises, not remakes.