Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushido Retsuden- was it ever translated?

KGRAMR

Another Striker
In the odd chance that the English fan translation of the Neo Geo CD version does indeed releases, i hope it is used as basis for the PlayStation and Sega Saturn versions. That way, we'll all be done asking someone to translate SS RPG and translate Princess Crown at last XD

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I was joking, but surely people with a huge boner for SSRPG can play it in relative comfort with the French translation equipped with Google Lens or some old fashioned translator? Japanese is notoriously hard to machine translate, but french not so much and you can even infer meaning from Latin rooted words.

Sure beats begging some failed professional localizer for a translation for a decade.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Are you guys referring to SSV Perfect?
No, not Special or Perfect, Regular Samurai Shodown 5. The story is missing from the Neo Geo version in English mode.

Didn't know about that. Gonna have to seek that out.
samsho5x Only thing is it only works in MVS mode. Maybe someone hack it to fix that.

Last edited:

KGRAMR

Another Striker
No, not Special or Perfect, Regular Samurai Shodown 5. The story is missing from the Neo Geo version in English mode.

samsho5x Only thing is it only works in MVS mode. Maybe someone hack it to fix that.
Ah OK, gotcha! How odd though... :/

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Ah OK, gotcha! How odd though... :/
The corner-cutting for the English mode is perfectly in character for SNKP in 2003. I just wish they hadn't waited for the Xbox release to make a translation.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I've got it running on the NeoSD Loader, and I'll burn a lacquer disc for testing on the different NGCD models. Just watching the translated intro after all these years is pretty epic.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Got it running on MiSTer, but it crashes both on normal BIOS and UniBIOS. I played for about 10 mins as well, then started getting crashes. Trying to see if I can run it in a windows emulator but FBNeo and FBAlpha are not seeing it.

neocd.jpg

Last edited:

doaal

Marked Wolf
Looks like the loading times are pretty good for this game, given it was designed for the NGCD. PS1 has pretty short loads and it's actually the Saturn version that lags behind with loading screens after each battle.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Very cool - will certainly download and patch my iso. I played through scenario 1 a few years ago and almost the entirety of the Saturn version back in the 90's - although, I don't think any amount of English translation will fix the game's horrible pacing and atrocious random-battle rate. The animation (on Neo CD) and pixel art in the game is stellar, though.

Still, good to see somebody see this through as I'm sure the game will be more palatable now that folks will know what's going on at least.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Last but not least, everyone who has supported me on Ko-Fi and everyone who's
taken the time to say something nice on Twitter and RHDN. For those on a
certain ancient forum who are still salty about interactions from literal
decades ago... I hope the past intervening years have treated you well. May
you find whatever peace you're looking for, and I hope you enjoy the game.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The day has finally arrived

Never thought I'd ever actually see it