SNES mini classic

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
i ordered one from where i work but i wouldnt mind having the US version lineup

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I haven't been able to find another place that is doing pre-orders. This is looking more and more like the Nes mini launch... including the upcoming SNES mini knock offs.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Nintendo is forcing it to have no preorder currently and until they allow it nothing changes. For all we know despite so called more promised production, they may want to stick it to preordering scalpers and force people to buy it the day it comes out with no advanced money down.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I managed to get hold of a few SNES minis over here in the UK am looking forward to the console.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Almost a month left until release. The stores have still not been informed on how many units they can expect to receive. The units must have been manufactured by now you would think.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I've had the Best Buy and Amazon tabs open on my browser for like two months now.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Really curious if they make this SNES Classic a piece of piss to hack ala NES Classic or if they actually make it harder this time.

If it is easy, is Nintendo actually giving the fans what they want under cover?

.... I'd love to think that. Even if the truth is they just couldn't be fucked and just used an off the shelf Arm processor running linux without a toss once again.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Really curious if they make this SNES Classic a piece of piss to hack ala NES Classic or if they actually make it harder this time.

If it is easy, is Nintendo actually giving the fans what they want under cover?

.... I'd love to think that. Even if the truth is they just couldn't be fucked and just used an off the shelf Arm processor running linux without a toss once again.

Well, it wasn't just the processor - it was the fact that the USB port supported both power and data, meaning the storage could be written to. Which seems like a silly thing to forget about. So I agree - it could be secretly intentional.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I think it was intentional and Nintendo stupidly naively felt that people wouldn't hack away at it and realize it. It was built to be a cheaply constructed as possible and going with one port for power+data costs less than some other routes. Also you never did see them really address it or complain about people throwing a crap load of games on there, but they didn't publicly endorse it either. I imagine to them it was best to ignore the media other than to accept that it would bring more attention to them and their product and in turn other Nintendo product so an all around win.

They're so cheap I imagine you'll see a revised version of the same board in there just with the SNES emulator and games stuffed into the same space. If this were drastically changed in any way I'd almost be surprised.

And I think why you're not seeing preorder is that it's Nintendo's way of keeping control of the stock and the sales of them as best they can. I'm sure they were beyond fed up being called and yelled at and email bombed with harassment, threats, and repeated complaining about the NES CE situation because they weren't just going to keep them coming so they couldn't do a damn thing about the scalper garbage. This way they can stop anyone from buying multiple units online in advance to peddle them confidently as much as before. You'll have to line up on or offline and get one when they're around and that's that, no buying in advance from 10 retailers online for their max of 1-2 per household and then fucking people over.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm sure they were beyond fed up being called and yelled at and email bombed with harassment, threats, and repeated complaining about the NES CE situation because they weren't just going to keep them coming so they couldn't do a damn thing about the scalper garbage.
Manchildren threatened Nintendo because they couldn't get an emulator for 30 year old video games?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
::Standard nonsense garbage Tanooki post::

Q5PhOBU.gif

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Manchildren threatened Nintendo because they couldn't get an emulator for 30 year old video games?

I'd say I'm surprised.......but I'm not.

The level of stupidity that came from the NES retro was ridiculous (Yeah, insert "lost faith in humanity joke here", I'll beat you to it, dickwad). I expect nothing less from the SENS version. Actually, being the SNES, I expect it to be worse.

Again, fuck a raspberry pie...act like a moron about this thing, which is basically the same, but less functional.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yes some stupid manchildren did threaten Nintendo CSRs I guess. As much as I was told some people were so furious and disappointed about the scalping and Nintendo not seemingly caring enough to produce more stock some would email, and others being more stupid/ballsy would call and get ugly over it. Not really the best thing to do, but I guess they're easier to take a shot at than stalking some scalper and letting them have it.

Like smokehouse said there, I would not be surprised either if it got more nasty with the SNES as there appears to be more attachment to that one, plus if you throw in the unreleased Starfox 2 and Nintendo claiming to have heard the complaints and promising to produce much more stock. If people can't get their hands on it odds are more likely for crazy stupid behavior.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nintendo has a full back catalogue of incidents, which made parents furious. That's actually one of the few things I like them for.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Nintendo has a full back catalogue of incidents, which made parents furious. That's actually one of the few things I like them for.

Some of that is seriously retarded though...

I remember the "outrage" when parents found out the SNES couldn't play NES games. There was many times I heard "It's just a big scam to get you to buy a new system"...

I remember the "outrage" parents had when they couldn't get a N64 on release as well...