So are we just gonna not talk about this?

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Will reserve judgement until I hold it but if that D Pad is anywhere near as good as the one on the Vita then hell yeah

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Anybody else have a hard time hitting the share or options buttons on the PS4 controller?

It's been a five years now and I still frequently smack the touch pad by accident or vice versa.

Especially playing VR.

I keep hearing this complaint from my friends who regularly play.

You really think that they haven't been tested quite a lot, ergonomics wise?

Not doubting they have, but fundamentally what innovation has occurred over the design since the OG PS1. MS went to SCUF for design hints on the Elite for example.

I think not, Sony's been pumping out bigger and bigger steaming piles of turds as the years go on.
Seems like they are just coasting on name brand recognition and consumer goodwill these days.
I swear some of this crap is made in Chinese prisons and they just stamp their name on it.
Sony used to stand for innovation and a reliable durable product.

I loved the PS1, always will. They lost me at the PS2 onwards when the controller kept getting rehashed and felt cheap.

Thanks for saying it. Anyone who prefers a ps4 controller over an xbone controller should be shot.

Yep, MS killed it this generation and then curb stomped em with the Elite/Elite 2.

I want Sony to innovate and not be lazy with control interface.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
white controller? isn't that amateurdesign? It'll be brown in 1 weekend.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Anybody else have a hard time hitting the share or options buttons on the PS4 controller?

It's been a five years now and I still frequently smack the touch pad by accident or vice versa.

Especially playing VR.

I have the same issue, placement of the buttons is wrong and they're nearly embedded so you have to press deep for contact. I have both xbox one and ps4 and can only say that the ps4 isn't all that great. Bought a slim cause the pro is basically a one s. Just upscaled 4k. My one x does 4k for real.
I definitely prefer the ms controller.
I bought a ps4 ti play dq11, ff remake and a few shmups. Other than that there's s not much I really want that I can't get on my xbox

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Is anybody even remotely excited about this next generation of gaming? Everything is so boring now.

At this point the only thing that would get me to even consider buying a new console is a new Killer Instinct game. Everything else can fuck off.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Sony and Microsoft are effecient and smart with their controllers. nintendo's controllers they pack in with their consoles are always trash since N64, even gamecube's was so bad that CVS2 had to put the specials and supers on the C stick so people can perform those moves at all.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Sony and Microsoft are effecient and smart with their controllers. nintendo's controllers they pack in with their consoles are always trash since N64, even gamecube's was so bad that CVS2 had to put the specials and supers on the C stick so people can perform those moves at all.

Thanks for bringing up the Gamecube controller.

I think it's amazing that they still regularly produce them, nearly 20 years after their introduction. Every time Nintendo launches a Smash Bros. game, they produce another pile of GameCube controllers, and they're only $25 or so on Amazon - far cheaper than any other first-party controller these days. The newer ones feel just like the originals, and are compatible with a real GC and GC software too. I really appreciate their commitment to it.

Meanwhile, PS4 controllers are $60 or some shit and aren't half as comfortable as a GC pad.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
I have the same issue, placement of the buttons is wrong and they're nearly embedded so you have to press deep for contact. I have both xbox one and ps4 and can only say that the ps4 isn't all that great. Bought a slim cause the pro is basically a one s. Just upscaled 4k. My one x does 4k for real.
I definitely prefer the ms controller.
I bought a ps4 ti play dq11, ff remake and a few shmups. Other than that there's s not much I really want that I can't get on my xbox

Right..exactly you can easily find and press the buttons with your thumbs but they are too meaty to press the buttons in all the way and then some of the edge of your thumb will smack the touchpad. You have to hunt and peck and hit the buttons with your fingernail on your index fingers to reliably be able to press the button all the way in.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
04IEVAz9p6ZR3BgTtlmUlYj-2.fit_scale.size_1028x578.v_1569477451.jpg

Still my favorite controller.

And of course it doesn't work out of the box with the Switch. Bastards.

orc.one

n00b
Still my favorite controller.

Friend gifted me one, just after I found a Wii U in a thrift store. It's fairly nice, but I mostly use it with OpenEMU. It pairs very well with Tully Monster, unlike the Wiimotes. Still prefer my Wavebird. Best controller bar none, in my experience (which doesn't include much anything before that not made for the VCS).

I completely ignored the Wii U when it was current and sort of regret that (but time was ). It's a neat bit of kit. The notion of sticking it somewhere off by itself and just playing via the Gamepad is appealing (I dub thee Gameserver!). I still only have one game for it, though (Wind Waker). Games are plentiful now, but I've always had a preference for carts or cassettes over optical media for the most part.

Eventually I'll get around to suborning mine and returning to it the ability to play Game Cube titles (and a few other things). Suborned the Wii, but the Wii doesn't have that shiny portable display that makes the exercise that much more worthwhile.

Oh right. The new Sony controller.

It feels missing the colors on the shape buttons—an affordance I'll miss. Come to think of it, I've not really had much enthusiasm for Playstation since I traded away my dev kit and the Net Yaroze ages ago. The PS1 didn't age well with me, and I'm not really certain why, even though it's primarily responsible for getting me back into video gaming. I wound up finding the N64 way more interesting, once I got past some of the coding issues. Once things settle down after this bathroom remodel from hell (now well into its second month), I intend to start exploring libdragon again.

—Scott

Last edited: