So are we really getting banned for cussing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Noticed FatGuy is missing because of a post that could have been ignored...

I've seen more serious threads with far more cuss words in them...

So what is it?

Cussing = Band?

Spam in general = Band?

Is this selective moderation, or did he really do something to justify being banned?

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
TonK said:
Noticed FatGuy is missing because of a post that could have been ignored...

I've seen more serious threads with far more cuss words in them...

So what is it?

Cussing = Band?

Spam in general = Band?

Is this selective moderation, or did he really do something to justify being banned?

FatGuy was grandstanding (check the war room) simple enough for his 24 hour DELTA ticket.....

Dinkin's is still here, if you catch his other post....

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
The residents of NG.com need to just think in terms of common sense. Like MM said, FatGuy was "grandstanding", posting a thread outside the War Room with an all "cusswords" title. Not a good idea. This place is viewed at work by many folks and that's over the top. Same goes for foul sigs that recur regularly on your screen.

And Simone banned Mitch for 48 hours for reasons of a direct insult after being asked to back off. If you can remember a few short months ago, I knocked Sonny on his ass for the same thing after several warnings (even by PM), even though it was in the War Room. And no one really raised that much fuss about it. I even let Sonny come back a couple times in that episode (yes, mainly for entertainment).

You see kids, there are certain lines that should not be crossed, that is all. And I'd like to think that most of those "lines" are common sense. Generally warnings are given well in advance and that is all. A ways back Mitch had a selling thread with something some folks found offensive in the title. I asked that he change it and he did. There is a matter of respect that should be addressed and yes, it can be a fine line. But again, common sense. I know when someone is joking and when someone is serious. Yeah, gay humor can be offensive, but it can also be funny and obviously not hate in many cases. 99.9% of the members realize that.

And like it or not folks, the situation with Mitch and Simone was a personal attack, especially in Simone's eyes. And you all know it as many people have stated that they don't like Simone anyways. I myself may have acted differently, but that's me and not him. I'm also not in the business of overturning other moderator's decisions without at least discussing it with the other mod.

So everyone should just calm down, grab their NGPC and play a little MOTM.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Wait so because people view this place at work, instead of actually doing their job, we have to be all PG about this shit?

fuck you lolz.

scanberg03.gif

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Mouse_Master said:
FatGuy was grandstanding (check the war room) simple enough for his 24 hour DELTA ticket.....

Dinkin's is still here, if you catch his other post....

Did you catch my PM a few weeks back :(

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
buttasuperb said:
Wait so because people view this place at work, instead of actually doing their job, we have to be all PG about this shit?

fuck you lolz.

scanberg03.gif
You dipshit. Just anything that shows up on the main page (thread titles), anything recurring like sigs, and maybe a tiny bit of respect here and there. Even Simone has said that it's not so much about the swearing as it is about truly personal attacks coupled with swearing outside of the War Room. Believe it or not I get lots of PMs about abusive language around this place, but it's almost always about personal attacks in places they shouldn't be. Not really about spam or swearing, but truly offensive material.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it putz.
And PM me back about that 2-slot you dufus.

syringe

Banned
That makes sense.

edit:

image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif
image7wh.gif

D-Lite said:
You dipshit. Just anything that shows up on the main page (thread titles), anything recurring like sigs, and maybe a tiny bit of respect here and there. Even Simone has said that it's not so much about the swearing as it is about truly personal attacks coupled with swearing outside of the War Room. Believe it or not I get lots of PMs about abusive language around this place, but it's almost always about personal attacks in places they shouldn't be. Not really about spam or swearing, but truly offensive material.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:

:rolleyes:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Being banned for swearing under any circumstance just seems stupid to me.

Posting naked pics and whatnot is understandable (especially out of the War Room), but swearing? Eh... doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Whatever though, being banned for only a day isn't worth making a fuss about.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
this board's going to hell in a homecart, but it sure is fun to watch from the sidelines.

ever since i lurked and finally joined, this board has been full of assholes. it's part of the appeal in some ways.

i respect the effort involved in (attempting to) moderate this place, but I think it should ultimately be up to GoldenTiger as to what etiquette rules are in effect.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The cursing never bothered me (and I'm a minor, too). This seems a little over-regulatory in my opinion, but I don't swear much on this forum anyway.

P.S.: F*** YOU LOLZ F*** YOU LOLZ F*** YOU LOLZ F*** YOU LOLZ F*** YOU LOLZ F*** YOU LOLZ F*** YOU LOLZ F*** YOU LOLZ...
...just doesn't work the same way :(

Edit: How about we also go about tempbanning native English speakers who can't post coherently? That, I have no objection to. Anything worth saying is worth saying well.

Yet another edit: Another thing I wouldn't object to is tempbans for posting stuff in the wrong forum and trying to justify it.

A third edit: Perhaps for bumping old threads meaninglessly?
How 'bouts we make it so that new members have the newbie FAQ PMed to them when they join? I'll revise it if that happens.

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Stinky-Dinkins said:
You're just angry because he said you looked old.

Listen Old Man Chuck, I can confirm that D-Lite does indeed have a penis (and it is glorious.)
He did seem pissed about that didn't he.
Hm.
Chaz, I love you. And that's not the SF influence talking either.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
He did seem pissed about that didn't he.
Hm.
Chaz, I love you. And that's not the SF influence talking either.

You try to be on everyone's side.
your love is worthless.

What would you get out of siding with FTL's NAZI thinking?

NeoGeoHeaven? That was one of Dion's boards if you don't remember.

FTL = Dion 2.

Oh yeah, and the whole thing about vulgarities - it's only being applied where he sees fit. It's not like he can be consistent with that rule at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.