SOTM December 2023: Gun Frontier - Raffles 'n Shit Edition

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I’m kinda goobing hard on this one. This is a genuine attempt at something different in an era when Toaplan made the rules of the genre, and every other dev followed them. It’s cool in a way that few games are.

I did manage a pretty gnarly score, but I’m again gonna hang onto it for a min. Also managed to make it to the last level, and I only see that being possible if you’ve absolutely memorized the whole damn thing. Total brutality.

Added JA’s most recent score while shidding. I’ll update the rest of the board when I can sit down at my computer.

Ajax

15 Year Member
This game is brutal but cool, started chipping away at it but don’t have anything respectable to share yet. Nice work so far guys!
I know you got something for this one. Waiting for your score ;)

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Got a score just shy of 100k but not even going to bother submitting it.
I'm giving up on trying to play without autofire, going to need to set that up. Also gave up on trying to route on my own and read your posts Ajax, thanks for the tips :buttrock:
Also looked at some vids and man, I was doing the complete opposite of the recommended playstyle heh.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
prof82 - 189100 - Round 2 - Switch

20231212-180813.jpg

Ajax

15 Year Member
IMG_0858.jpeg

Ajax - Round 4 - 241,220 - PS4

As you can see, it did the CNT thing on my top score. Still don’t have any idea why it does that. In any case, I’ll post the second score here. I got one that was 10k higher than this, but forgot to take a picture. Oh well, yolo n shit.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
View attachment 70064

Ajax - Round 4 - 241,220 - PS4

As you can see, it did the CNT thing on my top score. Still don’t have any idea why it does that. In any case, I’ll post the second score here. I got one that was 10k higher than this, but forgot to take a picture. Oh well, yolo n shit.
Damn! Close to a 1CC I would think?

Ajax

15 Year Member
Hmm, probably not as close as you might think. I no missed up to stage 5 over this past weekend and promptly found out that the last level is not messing around. I got about halfway through yesterday, but the tank factory is just brutal.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Scoreboard is updated. Also, raffle details have been posted. Check them in post #3.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I tried a few times on switch, didn't feel right in my hands so I'll go back to PS4 since it's in a cabinet.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Got goosemoney's new Saturn score, and with that, the scoreboard is up to date. Bring them scores, chodies.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I think I have a love/hate relationship with this game…really hate games that shoot shit from behind you. Stage 5 is nutz…probably done for the year with everything going on.

1702847141933.jpeg
Dogg - Round 5 - 290,030 - Sega Saturn

Ajax

15 Year Member
Doggie, you’re a madman 😮

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Doggie, you’re a madman 😮
Kept holding my bombs, the bosses seem easier than the levels.
First time using the wireless controller over my stick, not sure how it helped but maybe…somehow it did?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
IMG_4073.jpeg
I’m with Mr. monies…fuck this gaim!

How are you going to have the bomb up little Tylenol shaped jawns be the same color and shape as enemy shots?

I KEEP RUNNING INTO BULLETS THINKING THEY POWERUPS

UsuuaiwoahshhwuNnwbskfofofoejeb

Saturn.