SOTM February 2019: Truxton & Prehistoric Isle 2

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Yeah, I'm using a JNX spitfire.

I played some rounds without it (like my 252k score), and I don't think it gives you any advantage other than your arms not falling off after a couple rounds.

I tried using my JNX Spitfire with my PCB but for some reason it didn't work for me (probably too low on the 5v line, the Spitfire reads 4.75v but I was too lazy to adjust since the game works fine).

That said if you do use autofire, it will break the blue laser weapon. I found that out in MAME. I recommend mapping a non-autofire button 1 to button 3, it just takes a single wire mod on the JNX spitfire.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
46,900,700 - Chosen One - Green - All - MVS

Couldn’t get the top spot but happy I got the clear. Made some mistakes on 4 and gave up my super missiles (everything they kill gives a star) and then again on 5 and had to drop hostages early for power ups/bombs so I missed a good 3 mill on that too.

'Grats on the clear! I didn't know the S missiles gave a star, that's interesting. That makes them mandatory for higher scoring I guess.

I tried using my JNX Spitfire with my PCB but for some reason it didn't work for me (probably too low on the 5v line, the Spitfire reads 4.75v but I was too lazy to adjust since the game works fine).

That said if you do use autofire, it will break the blue laser weapon. I found that out in MAME. I recommend mapping a non-autofire button 1 to button 3, it just takes a single wire mod on the JNX spitfire.

Yup, I've wired my autofire to C button (Cave style button layout) so that the blue weapon still works with A.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
'Grats on the clear! I didn't know the S missiles gave a star, that's interesting. That makes them mandatory for higher scoring I guess

Yea, but it’s a pain and I don’t do it well. Just using them will equal more stars which adds up for sure but to really max score you have to kill as much as possible with them NOT with regular bullets. Which equates to positioning yourself under or above enemies so the missile hits but your normal bullets don’t. There’s some easy spots to do it though and like I said those stars add up.

Has anyone figured out the point system for stars? By the time I’m on the last level they seem to be worth 40K+ each

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
SOTM February 2019: Truxton & Prehistoric Isle 2

Has anyone figured out the point system for stars? By the time I’m on the last level they seem to be worth 40K+ each

I’ve read that they do increase in value when you chain them, but not to the same large points like in Blazing Star.

Played a little more Truxton before the month ran out (West Coast time).

Level 3 is basically a bonus stage if you just stack pickups for 5k each.

egg_sanwich - 856,420 - Area 133 - Truxton pcb usa

fc7385816400e3965be4d2f7942ffedc.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I’ve read that they do increase in value when you chain them, but not to the same large points like in Blazing Star.

Played a little more Truxton before the month ran out (West Coast time).

Level 3 is basically a bonus stage if you just stack pickups for 5k each.

egg_sanwich - 856,420 - Area 133 - Truxton pcb usa

fc7385816400e3965be4d2f7942ffedc.jpg

Very nice! Egg takes the win!