Special limited productions for AES.

Shawn

snkusa.com
ResOGlas said:
This is very cool news, but there is a slight problem. Obviously we're all going to want to buy the carts and have the new sticker on it, but in the end the value for these bundles will be much better if you simply keep the cart as is and save the new cart sticker in a folder (so the item was originally as it was when it was sold). My idea is for you to please swap the stickers yourself before selling them. This way everybody can be happy with their new carts, and not have to make the horrible decision of "if to swap stickers, or not to swap stickers". I understand that it will be a tad of work to do, but I think it would definitely bring up sales.

I hope everyone else agrees with this plan, it just makes things so much easier in the end for the buyer (and it gives shawn plenty of extra inserts to sell in the neostore). So Shawn, What do you think?
The option of applying classic style cartridge stickers only involves Metal Slug 4 & 5.

These bundles were intended to give new buyers something extra. A purchase of a Metal Slug 5 classic would include the original red insert, plus the blue striped classic insert & cartridge sticker (in separate “stay flat” packaging). I see no problem with adding the option for the new owner to request professional application of the classic sticker before shipping (free of charge).

Inserts are easily changed and it would basically be up to the owner to choose his/her preference, but at least you would have both versions to compare and decide.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
galfordo said:
Honestly, the stickers, insert, and all the other business should be handled at the factory. I doubt Shawn is going to want to carefully replace a crapload of cart stickers (I know I wouldn't). Also, it's going to be really difficult to swap stickers and even inserts without slightly degrading the condition.

Nah, neo carts don't scratch that easy...and honestly I don't care how crooked they are as long as they are all shipped from Shawn like that. He's the only Official US distributor, so it's as official as it can get at this point. It's all or nothing Shawn, just scrap the old stickers and save the old inserts for yourself. Trust me, everyone will be much happier that they won't ruin the value of their carts as long as you do it. Once again, I'm not talking about ruining the value of the carts by sloppily putting the stickers on, but ruining the value because they didn't buy it from you with the stickers on them. PLEASE do this for us, Shawn. Please...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Shirt in a Can said:
and honestly I don't care how crooked they are as long as they are all shipped from Shawn like that.

You may not care that a sticker is crooked, but if you go to sell to a collector he'll probably have a different opinion.

But if Shawn can consistently apply the stickers correctly, then more power to him.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Shirt in a Can said:
Shawn, please, only you have the power to bring up the value of these US carts! Put 'em on yourself! There's no way the buyer can put these stickers on and retain the value that they would have with the sticker separate.

I can see it now Mail in your ROTD and MS4 for sticker/insert replacement ;) really I do not think Shawn is a master in sticker placement. Being a perfectionist on games himself he would probably end up throwing away most his profits on mess ups and when the other collectors recieved them half would return them because the placement was > 1% off from the orginal placement in their eyes. You guys are living in "La La" land.

What I say is you should just do it Old Skool SNK and complete the look by just placing the new sticker on top of the old one ;)

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
I would only buy one of these if they came direct from the factory with the new insert and cart sticker already put together on a repro cart. A new style manual would've been nice too.

otherwise this is gay.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shawn said:
The option of applying classic style cartridge stickers only involves Metal Slug 4 & 5.

These bundles were intended to give new buyers something extra. A purchase of a Metal Slug 5 classic would include the original red insert, plus the blue striped classic insert & cartridge sticker (in separate “stay flat” packaging). I see no problem with adding the option for the new owner to request professional application of the classic sticker before shipping (free of charge).

Inserts are easily changed and it would basically be up to the owner to choose his/her preference, but at least you would have both versions to compare and decide.

First off, I thank you kindly for the offer, but it's not exactly what I was fully getting at. I'm quite confident that I could do the cleanest job in the world on the sticker swap. The problem is that even as clean as my swap would be, it isn't how the item was sold. I don't mean to throw so much work on your lap, but if you swap all the stickers yourself, it's official. It would be cool to give the buyer the option of simply swaping the inserts, but the sticker is the questionable value problem at this point. Please do them all yourself. I don't care if you hire your neighbor to swap them, as long as *ALL* of the stickers have been swapped before shipment.

Oh yeah, Once again, thanks for this cool new offer Shawn!

rimm_rs

Banned
Shawn said:

This seems to contradidct what was said above... If there is the option of you switching a sticker with MS4, that would mena you have some new stock on hand or coming.

I am sure I am reading this wrong, so, please calrify this with "yes" or "no" answers for simple people like me:

#1. will you be offering ms4 carts?

#2. will you be offering rage of the dragon carts?

thanx and sorry for my being so slow. i just want to be crystal clear.

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Wheres SVC chaos?
Wheres Matrimelee?
and what about sam sho 5?
Shit, what about all the jap insrts that playmore F'ed up!?

Honestly, this is this only makes me happier that playmore (I can't even call them SNK) Is no longer supporting the neo. This whole insert thing is nothing more than a grim reminder of how inept p was in handling the neo in the first place. Christ, these "classic"" inserts arent even done right either:oh_no:
P just doesnt get it. They never will.
What even makes me angrier is the fact that they were made in such limited quantities and that they can not be sold seperately.
Hell the whole way that this is being handled sucks, PERIOD.
There should have been an axact # of art packs made for whatever # of a title was originally made. end of story, no if's ands or buts. The people who originaly bought these boched titles from the neo store should be given the option of purchasing out the corrected art pack for thier cart(s). They were the ones to support Shawn and P initially and now they get fucked over. Very nice indeed.
Shawn, none of this is directed at you and I am so sorry to be negative here but this whole thing was handled wrong and plamore is to blame. If I purchased any of those home carts earlier I would have felt VERY cheated by this and I am sure other would have too. I am sure that everyone here can see where I am comming from.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Well I love the new artwork, but I don't see myself buying "new art bundles" to swap out art that I really didn't care for. When I first read it over I thought we would get reproductions of Rage of the Dragons and Metal Slug 4, but unfortunately it seems like they are not. I missed out on ROTD, but I'll scrounge up an AES copy one of these days.

Anyways, all in all pretty cool and I thank SNK/Playmore. I'm these art bundles will get snagged up pretty quick :)

I was really hoping for a Samurai Spirits 0 Special conformation, but I still pray :oh_no:

Last edited:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Well, I only collect Japanese carts, so I can't say that this really interests me.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It is lazy of Playmore. Kind of sad really. This is only official because Playmore is SNK right now, but to me its almost as valuable as home-made inserts and stickers. And coming from SNKP its complete incopetence.

Shawn you are one cool MF, but this invariably will help clear left over stock won't it? That's why SNKP sent over more existing titles - to get rid of the last of what was left over? maybe not as far as all that, but it could be part of the reason.

Can't help but feel that even though this is the most expensive videogames collector's market bar none, something like this is waaay cheap.

maybe if it had slipped under the radar and we had not kicked up such a fuss, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But that's our doing I guess. Looking too hard for that silver lining

Last edited:

Shawn

snkusa.com
Sticker application:
The application would be quite simple and it shouldn’t be a problem to apply evenly. I would recommend direct application over the previous sticker. That’s how SNK converted Japanese version home carts to English version, by applying the English version sticker on top of the Japanese version cart sticker.

The goal here is the same. You would center the classic sticker directly on top of the current sticker. This can best be done by lining up the bottom corners, then applying. Seriously, this doesn’t require a robot or even a magic wand, and it’s only a tad more advanced than changing the insert.

- FYI, these cart stickers were applied by hand at the factory, so I see no reason why anyone else’s hands couldn’t perform the same task with relative ease. Whether the insert was changed at the factory, or by the new owner, should not affect resale value, same concept should apply to a successfully applied cartridge sticker.

About the distributor changing all Metal Slug 4 and 5 cartridge stickers:
Only from the remaining stock of Metal Slug 5’s could the cartridge stickers be applied (if customer requests) before shipping, as Metal Slug 4 is completely sold out. Personally, I think the value of the cart would be reduced if the Metal Slug 5 classic cartridge did not have the previous version cartridge sticker underneath (less complete you see).

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Wheres SVC chaos?
Wheres Matrimelee?
and what about sam sho 5?
Shit, what about all the jap insrts that playmore F'ed up!?

Honestly, this is this only makes me happier that playmore (I can't even call them SNK) Is no longer supporting the neo. This whole insert thing is nothing more than a grim reminder of how inept p was in handling the neo in the first place. Christ, these "classic"" inserts arent even done right either:oh_no:
P just doesnt get it. They never will.
What even makes me angrier is the fact that they were made in such limited quantities and that they can not be sold seperately.
Hell the whole way that this is being handled sucks, PERIOD.
There should have been an axact # of art packs made for whatever # of a title was originally made. end of story, no if's ands or buts. The people who originaly bought these boched titles from the neo store should be given the option of purchasing out the corrected art pack for thier cart(s). They were the ones to support Shawn and P initially and now they get fucked over. Very nice indeed.
Shawn, none of this is directed at you and I am so sorry to be negative here but this whole thing was handled wrong and plamore is to blame. If I purchased any of those home carts earlier I would have felt VERY cheated by this and I am sure other would have too. I am sure that everyone here can see where I am comming from.

This is a good post and speaks truth on this issue. I totally agree.
I wanted the anouncement of a finished unreleased game or something.

I've learned not to be optimistic with anything playmore after a while.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shawn said:
Sticker application:
The application would be quite simple and it shouldn’t be a problem to apply evenly. I would recommend direct application over the previous sticker. That’s how SNK converted Japanese version home carts to English version, by applying the English version sticker on top of the Japanese version cart sticker.

The goal here is the same. You would center the classic sticker directly on top of the current sticker. This can best be done by lining up the bottom corners, then applying. Seriously, this doesn’t require a robot or even a magic wand, and it’s only a tad more advanced than changing the insert.

- FYI, these cart stickers were applied by hand at the factory, so I see no reason why anyone else’s hands couldn’t perform the same task with relative ease. Whether the insert was changed at the factory, or by the new owner, should not affect resale value, same concept should apply to a successfully applied cartridge sticker.

About the distributor changing all Metal Slug 4 and 5 cartridge stickers:
Only from the remaining stock of Metal Slug 5’s could the cartridge stickers be applied (if customer requests) before shipping, as Metal Slug 4 is completely sold out. Personally, I think the value of the cart would be reduced if the Metal Slug 5 classic cartridge did not have the previous version cartridge sticker underneath (less complete you see).

You know we all love you here Shawn, so I feel bad for nit-picking. How about you reverse the plan? You put the new stickers on top of the old sticker, and only ship it without the new sticker applied by buyer request? You have hands of gold, and only your magic hands can bring the value up. If everyone knows that the majority were applied by you, the sticker upgrade couldn't be anything than a plus and un-said understanding in the ol' AES price guide.

As always, this is still awesome news no matter what the sticker dilemma outcome is.

*Whispers* At buyer's request, classic cart sticker can be shipped in a separate package, un-applied.

Shawn

snkusa.com
rimm_rs said:
If there is the option of you switching a sticker with MS4, that would mena you have some new stock on hand or coming.

I am sure I am reading this wrong, so, please calrify this with "yes" or "no" answers for simple people like me:

#1. will you be offering ms4 carts?

#2. will you be offering rage of the dragon carts?

thanx and sorry for my being so slow. i just want to be crystal clear.
You already asked this question on the first page of this thread, and I answered (answer also found on 1st page of thread). Maybe you missed my post so here's the same answer again:

No reproductions of RotD or MS4 AES, what's out there is it. Exact details of art bundles will be released soon.

To help clarify further, I'm not sitting on any hidden RotD or MS4 stock (I wish), NeoStore is totally sold out.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
In concern with Mitch's post:
It is kind of weird how this whole thing has been crippled to begin with.
Tiny release numbers.
Its like having rats race around on a wheel for a piece of cheese.

Things have become so complicated.
I mean geez, when you go to a drive thru you just want to get a cheeseburger, cause eating it is the reward.

I am so jaded its not funny.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Meh, don't see the point in these I mean kinda cool but I grew fond of the yellow and red of MS4 and 5 respectively. Now you just open the door for price variations if these are to be applied by individuals.

*lithy is glad he's an MVS guy*

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
In concern with Mitch's post:
It is kind of weird how this whole thing has been crippled to begin with.
Tiny release numbers.
Its like having rats race around on a wheel for a piece of cheese.

Sadly it is.
after sngoku 3 my interest in the (new) home cart releases has diminished. Now I really don't give a fuck anymore. The fact that a bunch of grown men couldn't follow a proven formulla and not tamper with the Uber simplistic euro layout goes to show that they did not know what the hell they were doing and should have left well enough alone.
These fuck ups not only hurt us, but they hurt Shawns sales as well. Now Playmores string pulling is making McClesky look like the bad guy too.

Last edited:

rimm_rs

Banned
Shawn said:
You already asked this question on the first page of this thread, and I answered (answer also found on 1st page of thread). Maybe you missed my post so here's the same answer again:

No reproductions of RotD or MS4 AES, what's out there is it. Exact details of art bundles will be released soon.

To help clarify further, I'm not sitting on any hidden RotD or MS4 stock (I wish), NeoStore is totally sold out.

I know I did ask once before and that answer to another question I quoted a few posts up was something I thought I read wrong; I said so at the time. As you have clarified, I am now sure I did read it wrong.

Gotta be patient with the slow ones like me. ;) We mean well.

Thanx for the info.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
My question is, how does a change of insert, a manual that doesn't belong with the original artwork, and a new sticker change the value?

Will the original, pure issues of these games be worth more than these modifications?

This really adds alot of confustion for collectors, as one has no idea what this will do.

My thoughts exactly!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
Will the original, pure issues of these games be worth more than these modifications?

This really adds alot of confustion for collectors, as one has no idea what this will do.

This is exactly why I thought it would be a good idea for Shawn to apply these himself. Much less "long-term value" concern overall.

In the price guide there would simply be two entrants:
Kof'03 US - $$$
kOF'03 US Classic - $$$($)

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Sadly it is.
after sngoku 3 my interest in the (new) home cart releases has diminished. Now I really don't give a fuck anymore. The fact that a bunch of grown men couldn't follow a proven formulla and not tamper with the Uber simplistic euro layout goes to show that they did not know what the hell they were doing and should have left well enough alone.
These fuck ups not only hurt us, but they hurt Shawns sales as well. Now Playmores string pulling is making McClesky look like the bad guy too.

Yeah this is true.

Looks are to important with this shit.
I mean, we dont need this, we need a release of a good game that was never completed.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Yeah this is true.

Looks are to important with this shit.
I mean, we dont need this, we need a release of a good game that was never completed.

LWK you play your games too much ;) :p :(

edit, damn its late I made a your you're mistake :(

Last edited: