53 ms5,119 kof2002
121 kof 2oo1
Oh excatly the same numbers as unsold stock at the neo store.:rolleyes:
:smirk:

Last edited:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I wish the people who think its lame would just shut the fuck up if you think there lame you don't buy them its this simple!!

I like the fact that KOF2K3 is 716 megs, i wonder how high the games can go?!

bmoc

Crossed Swords Squire
Art packs, FART packs, who really gives a crap..............I am only interested in new games or hardware..........inserts and the like only really matter to those who put their carts on a shelf and admire them every 5 seconds..........TO THINK THAT I HUNG AROUND ALL DAY FRIDAY FOR THIS CRAPPY NEWS IS unthinkable. From now on, any big news from Shawn will be treated the same as if it were news from the BIG TYMERS THEMSELVES. Nuff said............:mad: :( :emb: :shame: :eek: :confused:

:very_ang: :very_ang:

I disagree with most of what's going on here.

The stickers are the worst for me. Sorry ResOGlas, I really disagree with your idea. Shawn nor anyone SHOULD NOT mess with SNK Playmore originals. Imagine getting MS5 on ebay, to find out it has the new sticker when you wanted the original AND the seller kept the OLD insert and provided the new one. I can smell some really serious potential fraud here, not to mention even more discontentment when buying AES games on eBay than there already is.

The best thing if you get an AES game is to keep the extra insert and sticker with the game at all times, and let them travel with the game itself. Should you sell the game, sell the set. It will be worth more if everything is kept original.

Besides, I prefer the full-print AES inserts over the margined ones.

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
Yup, electroman, you hit the nail on teh head. So true.I dont even want to know how this mess will unfold..shame because its REALLY the last 'BIG' news for the aes market too...i cant imagine what else could be on the horizon, nobody could have seen this crap coming.

Pah, i dont even care anyomre. And to the neodragon, who said

'I wish the people who think its lame would just shut the fuck up '

....ummm thats not how the world works. Just because u dont like it, doesnt mean we cant discuss it. We were just hoping for an announcement that was worth our time, thats all.

P.S. It is lame.:make_fac:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
well... guess i never thought about what other ppl is gonna do with the extra insert.....

i never thought about selling the extra insert.... but i suppose if the fraudster really needed insert... they can print it themself

anyway... still a pretty cool idea i guess

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I don't like this at all!

I thought that I would come out and say something. These new inserts may be official but they are not originals. These are edition second printings which means they are not worth as much as first edition printing. Anytime you change an original product, the value will go down. Take a look at games with NGF inserts. It was proven in court that NGF did have the rights to produce these inserts with SNK's approval but everyone knows that these inserts are not worth as much as an original. I do like the look of the inserts that Shawn has just got in. In fact, I like them better than the originals but they still are not originals and will never be worth as much as an original.

I know for a fact that Dion has an orange stripe cartridge sticker for Metal Slug 3 as well as an orange stripe insert. He would toss the original insert and cartridge sticker to apply them. Do you really think that a collector would rather have his made up cartridge sticker and insert over an original? I think not. The same goes for his English Shock Troopers Second Squad that has an English insert and cartridge sticker. If you rip off the original cartridge sticker and ditch the insert, the value of your game will go down. I think that it would be better for people to be given the "genre corrected" insert along with the cartridge sticker. Then they could decide if they want to use it or not. Also, by including the cartridge sticker (on wax paper) along with the blue stripe insert would make the value of the game go up because you have the special edition reproductions without having to tamper with the game. Think of it like the phone card that came with King of Fighters 1999. Just a little extra goodie that collectors would like to have as long as it is not stuck over the original.

One thing that pisses me off is, I preordered Metal Slug 5 - why don't I get the insert and cartridge sticker? It makes me feel like I am getting punished for preordering the game since I am not going to get the new goods. How about Metal Slug 4? I bought the game back in summer 2002. Will I be able to get that art pack? How about Rage of the Dragons? Those two games are sold out so how is that going to work. Does Shawn have a list of all the games he has sold people or do we have to just buy these for an extra cost? I feel a little jilted here and I feel that I am having to pay extra for goods that should have been the original product. I could go on for a long time but I think that these inserts and cartridge stickers should be given free to those who bought the games from the Neo Store. That is all I have to say for now.

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
Yeah, for fucks sake. Punishment for pre-ordering a game thinking youre 'supporting the community'. poppy cock. i regret buying slug 4 new when it came out because of this.

i think that the feeling is really negative about this because of the restrictions and how annoying it is to collectors, this is really weird. like a twisted dream.

i still dont get how if shawn can only sell them with sales of the game, how he will sell the slug 4 covers if he has none in stock?

maybe its been explained but there are too many messages to sift through...

edit: meh, forget it.yawn.

Last edited:

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
THIS was the big news!???

With all due respect Shawn, this is lame. I don't need to buy another insert for games I already own, and I certainly am not going to buy another entire game just for the privilege of a new insert.

Look, I think the inserts look nicer than the originals but that also means they should have been the ones released in the first place.

Try again Playmore...

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Cool idea for people who are going or were planning to buy those carts, but it really sucks for those who already own them and can't get a copy of those inserts.

[OCEAN]

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Atomiswave said:
what is 'cool' about having your original label changed? i miss your point.

What's cool is to get 2 different inserts when you buy the game, so you can choose and use whichever you like more.

[OCEAN]

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
yeah but you can only have one sticker on at a time, and youre not going to be changing that once youve done it so an original sticker in a classic box is crap and vice versa.
also, where are you going to store your old box? right next to your new one...gee, how about that for a cool display?

i still dont see whats cool. and no, im not blind.i just want to know what the point of this is?

summary: if youre a real collector, you dont want a tampored item, you want an original. True or false? If MOTW on dreamcast had a better front cover on the playmore re-issue, it doesnt matter because thats NOT the 1st release. Grrr..i give up. I really do. Im off to this hardcore site : http://sbc.pippin.us/Set-Up/type-00.asp

Last edited:

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
All you people that is so negative about this.
Go fuck yourself, Alot of people has been
complaining over the english Playmore inserts
and now when Shawn and probably Ben Herman
has put an effort to try and correct the mistakes
you only bitch and whine ????what is wrong with you people??

Im really happy about this and for the first time
I think that Playmore has listened to our concerns.

I also dont think that those that allready bought
the Carts needs to buy a whole new set of carts,
you are just speculating about things you dont know of. :very_ang: Then none of us
would get the rotd or MS 4 inserts since theyre
sold out allthough we have them allready.

And dont blame anyone else but yourself for the unnessecery hype before this?:blow_top: :blow_top:

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I like the re-designed inserts, furthermore there is nothing 'iffy' about them.

SNKP obviously listened to peoples gripes about the designs of inserts over the last few years and decided to do something for the 'hardcore fans'

So whoopy do you will have to re-buy the carts - they cant exactly just sell the insert on it's own - although im not sure what the deal with the ROTD insert is?

If you are that anal about what insert looks best you will sell your existing cart to fund a new one with a re-designed insert.

If you dont want to, you DONT HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING.

Take a chill pill people, you might not like your US 2001 insert that you got new and may prefer the new one but dont want the hassle and extra expense of buying a new one, in that case wallow in your self-pity and take some couselling to deal with the trauma.

:p

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
Harry Hazard said:

for the first time
I think that Playmore has listened to our concerns.

I also dont think that those that allready bought
the Carts needs to buy a whole new set of carts,
you are just speculating about things you dont know of.

Uhhh listend to customers? Too little WAY TOO LATE. Bull. Im sorry, if they wanted to listen to us it would have been done BEFORE the print run. Look how capcom is now doing market research into WHAT PEOPLE WANT in the next 2d game! They even asked snk-capcom to make a poll! Thats how to do it.

What if Joe X bought his metal slug 4 from his local importer? Then he wont get a cover even though Joe Z will, who got a copy from neo-geo.com. That is IF shawn will send a cover to everyone who pre-orderd a slug 4 (like me cough cough cough)

There. Now let me leave already! lol lol

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
ORPHEUS said:
Wheres SVC chaos?
Wheres Matrimelee?
and what about sam sho 5?
Shit, what about all the jap insrts that playmore F'ed up!?

Honestly, this is this only makes me happier that playmore (I can't even call them SNK) Is no longer supporting the neo. This whole insert thing is nothing more than a grim reminder of how inept p was in handling the neo in the first place. Christ, these "classic"" inserts arent even done right either:oh_no:
P just doesnt get it. They never will.
What even makes me angrier is the fact that they were made in such limited quantities and that they can not be sold seperately.
Hell the whole way that this is being handled sucks, PERIOD.
There should have been an axact # of art packs made for whatever # of a title was originally made. end of story, no if's ands or buts. The people who originaly bought these boched titles from the neo store should be given the option of purchasing out the corrected art pack for thier cart(s). They were the ones to support Shawn and P initially and now they get fucked over. Very nice indeed.
Shawn, none of this is directed at you and I am so sorry to be negative here but this whole thing was handled wrong and plamore is to blame. If I purchased any of those home carts earlier I would have felt VERY cheated by this and I am sure other would have too. I am sure that everyone here can see where I am comming from.

My sentiments exactly. When I heard about new AES productions, I think myself and everyone else believed(hoped) that they would reproduce some of their out of print titles. This is just one more time that Playmore is trying to "thank" all the customers, fans and collectors that have supported them by bending them over and stroking it to them with no vaseline.

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
:spock:

Official Snk-Playmore product ????
Someone can give me a link where playmore confirm that ?
Really a strange news !

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I say drop the stickers period. Don't distribute them, burn them and take lots of pics. The inserts on the other hand really cause no problem. But the allowable variation on the stickers is going to cause big problems.

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Neo-weirdo said:
This is gay , plain and simple. I'm very happy with the way my AES carts look.

I don't need to go hacking them up with repro crap. Plus I would like to see somebody remove an original cart sticker without scraching the cart all up.

Two words: Hair Dryer

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
You seriously couldn't have believed that SNKp would actually release some surprise unknown game did you. It would have been nice, but you'll be better suited to look out your window and see pigs fly by.:cool: