ST-V Multi Game Cartridge

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
It arrived, it works! Well, I only tested kurara daisakusen and virtua fighter for now but it seems to work as documented.
Anyone getting this, I really recommend you watch darksoft´s and misurugi´s videos about how it all works with the jumpers. I found there is no need for the sound kit as the leds are perfectly informational enough to me to let me know when the game has been loaded. It really doesn´t take that long.

I´ll just put the game list here as well for convenience:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No. | GAME TITLE | ROMSET | DIP CONFIG | CABINET TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01 | Astra Super Stars | astrasss | 100000 | 2P (Protected)
02 | Baku Baku Animal | bakubaku | 010000 | 2P
03 | Batman Forever | batman | 110000 | 2P (No Sound)
04 | Columns 97 | colmns97 | 001000 | 2P
05 | Cotton 2 | cotton2 | 101000 | 2P
06 | Cotton Boomerang | cottonbm | 011000 | 2P
07 | Danchi de Hanafuda | danchih | 111000 | 2P
08 | Decathlete | decathlt | 000100 | 2P (Protected)
09 | Die Hard Arcade | diehard | 100100 | 2P
10 | Touryuu Densetsu Elan Doreé | elandore | 010100 | 2P (Protected)
11 | Final Fight Revenge | ffreveng | 110100 | 2P (Protected)
12 | Funky Head Boxers | fhboxers | 001100 | 1P
13 | Zenkoku Seifuku Bishojo Grand-Prix: Find Love | findlove | 101100 | 1P
14 | Final Arch | finlarch | 011100 | 2P
15 | Golden Axe: The Duel | gaxeduel | 111100 | 2P
16 | Guardian Force | grdforce | 000010 | 2P
17 | Groove On Fight | groovef | 100010 | 2P
18 | Hanagumi Taisen Columns: Sakura Wars | hanagumi | 010010 | 2P
19 | Karaoke Quiz Intro Don Don! | introdon | 110010 | 2P
20 | Pro Mahjong Kiwame S | kiwames | 001010 | 1P (Settings)
21 | Maru-Chan de Goo! | maruchan | 101010 | 2P
22 | Mausuke no Ojama the World | mausuke | 011010 | 2P
23 | My Fair Lady: Virtual Mahjong II | myfairld | 111010 | 1P
24 | Othello Shiyouyo | othellos | 000110 | 2P
25 | Pebble Beach Golflinks: The Great Shot | pblbeach | 100110 | 2P
26 | Princess Kurara Daisakusen | prikura | 010110 | 2P
27 | Puyo Puyo Sun | puyosun | 110110 | 2P
28 | Radiant Silvergun | rsgun | 001110 | 2P
29 | Sando-R: Puzzle & Action | sandor | 101110 | 2P
30 | Sea Bass Fishing | seabass | 011110 | 1P
31 | Shanghai: The Great Wall | shanhigw | 111110 | 2P
32 | Shienryu | shienryu | 000001 | 2P
33 | Soukyugurentai | sokyugrt | 100001 | 2P
34 | Steep Slope Sliders | sss | 010001 | 1P (Protected)
35 | Suikoenbu | suikoenb | 110001 | 2P
36 | Tecmo World Cup '98 | twcup98 | 001001 | 2P (Protected)
37 | Virtua Fighter Kids | vfkids | 101001 | 2P
38 | Virtua Fighter Remix | vfremix | 011001 | 2P
39 | Winter Heat | winterht | 111001 | 2P
40 | Zen Nippon Pro Wrestling Featuring Virtua | znpwfv | 000101 | 2P (JP ONLY)
41 | Ejihon Tantei Jimusyo | ejihon | 100101 | 2P
42 | DaeJeon! SanJeonSuJeon | sasissu | 010101 | 2P
43 | Critter Crusher | critcrsh | 110101 | 1P
44 | Magical Zunou Power | magzun | 001101 | 3P
45 | Microman Battle Charge | micrombc | 101101 | 1P
46 | Name Club | nclubv3 | 011101 | 1P
47 | Print Club 2 | pclub2 | 111101 | 1P
48 | Print Club 2 Vol.3 | pclub2v3 | 000011 | 1P
49 | Print Club Pokémon B | pclubpok | 100011 | 1P
50 | Stress Busters | stress | 010011 | 2P
51 | Technical Bowling | techbowl | 110011 | 1P
52 | Virtual Mahjong | vmahjong | 001011 | 1P

Now thats a lot to go through!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Quick Q. Is there any chance of getting Astra Super stars working in the future?

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
It arrived, it works! Well, I only tested kurara daisakusen and virtua fighter for now but it seems to work as documented.
Anyone getting this, I really recommend you watch darksoft´s and misurugi´s videos about how it all works with the jumpers. I found there is no need for the sound kit as the leds are perfectly informational enough to me to let me know when the game has been loaded. It really doesn´t take that long.

If you are not a Supergun guy then the sound kit is extremely helpful. Glad you like your cart so far!

Quick Q. Is there any chance of getting Astra Super stars working in the future?

The intention is to have all games working eventually. Once the protection has been figured out updating will be as easy as using your microSD adapter and replacing the file in the appropriate folder on the card.

Got it! Thx.

No prob

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Is there a list of what games are currently unsupported or is it all of them marked 'protected'?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Just got mine in the mail. Will try it out later tonight/tomorrow.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Got mine and it appears to be working well.

Only game I cannot get to work is groove on fight. The LED comes on but the loading sounds don't play (sound kit works fine for all other games). It just gets stuck with the write LED on but never completes. Any ideas guys? I even tried things like copying it to game_53 and setting the jumpers binary to 53, or just having it as game_01, but I get the same issue.

The only thing I see odd is that GOF (game_17) has an 8M file. The rest of the games, are files all 2 or 4 MB. perhaps that 8MB file is an issue?

Anyway, RSG, virtua fighter's, etc have tested well. I'm very impressed overall and happy with the purchase. Thanks Darksoft and Mitsurugi-W!

Last edited:

Dion

Only game I cannot get to work is groove on fight. The LED comes on but the loading sounds don't play (sound kit works fine for all other games). It just gets stuck with the write LED on but never completes. Any ideas guys? I even tried things like copying it to game_53 and setting the jumpers binary to 53, or just having it as game_01, but I get the same issue.

The only thing I see odd is that GOF (game_17) has an 8M file. The rest of the games, are files all 2 or 4 MB. perhaps that 8MB file is an issue?

Anyway, RSG, virtua fighter's, etc have tested well. I'm very impressed overall and happy with the purchase. Thanks Darksoft and Mitsurugi-W!

I think I had the same problem on the proto but we fixed it. I think the wrong file must be on the card. We'll get back to you.

Dion

Just sent you an email.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Just sent you an email.

Just confirming publicly that the updated file in the e-mail did indeed fix Groove On Fight and it boots normally now. Thank you.

Darksoft, you might want to start a thread somewhere under the market forums so we can easily leave feedback for you (Requires a thread URL to leave feedback).

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
Yeah! I'll do that.

Thread is here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?253936-Thread-to-give-feedback-for-stv-multicart

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic

I'm having this same problem when trying to load Groove On Fight.

Cotton 2 and Pebble Beach load fine, but Groove On Fight won't complete the write process.

Dion

I'm having this same problem when trying to load Groove On Fight.

Cotton 2 and Pebble Beach load fine, but Groove On Fight won't complete the write process.

Somehow the old 13 file got put on the cards. You will just need to swap it with the new one. I think Darksoft was planning a mass email to distribute the correct file. Just replace the 13 file in the Game_17 directory with the new file.

darksoft

If you want to change the wav files in the card, you need to do the following:

Install Audacity which is a free program that is provided inside the MicroSd for convenience.
To convert any file, you need to open it and then click on the menu "Save as type" then choose "Other uncompressed files"
Then click on Options and choose WAV with coding: Unsigned 8 bit PCM.

The only two files that will be played will be start.wav and end.wav

darksoft

Somehow the old 13 file got put on the cards. You will just need to swap it with the new one. I think Darksoft was planning a mass email to distribute the correct file. Just replace the 13 file in the Game_17 directory with the new file.

Yep, some of the SDs got one wrong file for that specific game. I'll send an email later. The best of this piece of hardware is that everything can be updated: Code of ARM, code of CPLD and of course data inside the MicroSD!

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Did some side by side testing with Shienryu, regular cart and flash cart. The flash cart is spot on for that game, graphics, sound, gameplay, and the weird sprite flicker that game has. I can't tell the difference playing the game.

So yeah, something I learned about ST-V hardware that I never really thought about before: The game settings (difficulty, etc) must be saved per-cartridge, not per-game. For example, on my normal Shienryu game cart I have autofire enabled in the game settings, however when I plugged in the flash cart version that one did not until I went into the menu and set it again. For some reason I was not expecting that, but I probably should have.

Anyone test Soukyugurentai yet?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
This may have been explained before but I cant seem to easily find this info

1) how is it possible that everything works with standard, not modded bios?

2) is there some kind of button combination or something to change region with standard, non region free bios?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
So yeah, something I learned about ST-V hardware that I never really thought about before: The game settings (difficulty, etc) must be saved per-cartridge, not per-game. For example, on my normal Shienryu game cart I have autofire enabled in the game settings, however when I plugged in the flash cart version that one did not until I went into the menu and set it again. For some reason I was not expecting that, but I probably should have.

I always thought the onboard sram saved that data, but would reset when a new cart was inserted. Is it possible that the version on the flash cart is a different region than your original one? I'm not an STV expert, but I'm pretty sure the cartridges didn't save its setting data. Have others experienced this?

Last edited:

Dion

This may have been explained before but I cant seem to easily find this info

1) how is it possible that everything works with standard, not modded bios?

2) is there some kind of button combination or something to change region with standard, non region free bios?

1) We modified each game rom to boot regardless of the region of your bios. The only game this did not work for is Wrestling (requires Japan still). Hope to fix that one in the future also.

2) No. A standard bios will only boot as the region it was intended for.