SvC , Characters Unbalenced

TacoFace

Rugal's Thug
Ok , I just got back from Sunnyvale Golfland ,

and SvC is way unbalenced .

One thing I saw was that Ryu is way too strong , this guy at Golfland was doing the same combo over and over again , short , short , forward kick , double fireball special . This one combo takes Half your energy .

He ended up getting 44 wins against other people till they all finnally got sick of the game and stopped playing . He wasn't doing any differnet combos , just the same one .

The Grafix are great , best on the Neo Geo , but Gameplay wise , I'm not sure about this game .

I'm afraid this game might bomb really bad once the hype wears off .

<small>[ August 02, 2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: TacoFace ]</small>

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Actually I was worried when I heard the bosses are playable.
This is even worse though, and thats a easy ass combo to.

I wont bother asking how overpowered the bosses are in human hands.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Ryu fucking overpowered ?

OK ! Gimme that Takuma and I'll handle it ! make_fac

Mr.Karaté will rock my AES when I'll get my hands on this baby. :D

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i got six wins with geese today, 17 with ryo yesterday and 6 with earthq the other day.. are they overpowered.... ryu is pretty good but....

Actually I was worried when I heard the bosses are playable.
This is even worse though, and thats a easy ass combo to.

I wont bother asking how overpowered the bosses are in human hands.
the bosses arent actually that bad, goenitz, geese and demitri are handleable, evil ken good but not overly, dan ass and bousou iori ive yet to play against..

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
TacoFace
[QB]One thing I saw was that Ryu is way too strong , this guy at Golfland was doing the same combo over and over again , short , short , forward kick , double fireball special . This one combo takes Half your energy .[QB]
wait, how do you do a "forward" on SVC? i thought it was only weak kick/strong kick/weak punch/strong punch? are you talking about a move that's like f + kick or something like that?

TacoFace

Rugal's Thug
Any one that lives in the Bay Area will agree that Sunnyale golfland has some of the best gamers .

Maybe this guy figured out SvC before ever one else , or Ryu is really tht over powered and too fast .

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
NeoGML:
wait, how do you do a "forward" on SVC?
db+D... it does work like a command move so combos like c.B,c.A,db+D and c.C,db+D are possible.

As far as unbalanced goes, I don't buy it at this point. Everyone in the game has a combo that does a quarter life or more, and Ryu has weak offense outside of his combos... he gets his wins through defense. Terry and Geese are the 2 closest to being broken, but they are killable.

<small>[ August 03, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
MarrymeMai:
I thought Golfland was out of business now. Was that just a rumor?
Southern Hills was closed. Sunnyvale is still open.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
As far as unbalanced goes, I don't buy it at this point. Everyone in the game has a combo that does a quarter life or more, and Ryu has weak offense outside of his combos... he gets his wins through defense. Terry and Geese are the 2 closest to being broken, but they are killable.
i would say iori is the only one that stands out as reallyyy powerful at this point, luckily he isnt getting used so much now as ppl are getting used to the other characters more..

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
beelzebubble:
i would say iori is the only one that stands out as reallyyy powerful at this point, luckily he isnt getting used so much now as ppl are getting used to the other characters more..
Two words baby: Scum Gale!

Although I suck really bad at it, all high level players use it.

Robert

20 Year Member
" One day I drove a Porsche and I couldn't pass corner quickly without a big oversteer that ruined my speed; Porsche cars are unbalanced".

Period

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
Ok , I just got back from Sunnyvale Golfland ,

and SvC is way unbalenced .

One thing I saw was that Ryu is way too strong , this guy at Golfland was doing the same combo over and over again , short , short , forward kick , double fireball special . This one combo takes Half your energy .

He ended up getting 44 wins against other people till they all finnally got sick of the game and stopped playing . He wasn't doing any differnet combos , just the same one .

The Grafix are great , best on the Neo Geo , but Gameplay wise , I'm not sure about this game .

I'm afraid this game might bomb really bad once the hype wears off .
isn't ken all ways strong that ryu

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
For those of you that don't know, sunnyvale golfland has the fiercest competition in America. I entered a CVS2 tourney there and the guy who ran it told me, "if you can win here, you can win pretty much anywhere in the world" I also saw the guy there who wrote my strategy guide for super street fighter 2. Can you believe that, he wrote the book on street fighter.

I saw ryu slaughtering people at svgl too. I saw demitri slaughtering people at mgl though.

Yeah, don't talk shit about svgl.

SilverWolf

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Well atleast it's good to know that the Capcom characters can actually hold their own. I'm so sick and tired of seeing Iori, Terry, Ryo, Kyo doing the slaughtering. Especially Iori! BLEH!

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Like I said in the Gen. Discussion forum, I'm sure in a couple months every character will have a thread that accuses them of being cheap. :p

Even at Otakon I could see places where people using Terry and Ryu could be beaten, it's just a matter of time before more people figure out this game. It doesn't help though, that the challengers are probably only getting a few minutes of playtime, while the person that's running up the winstreak gets in plenty of playtime.

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
Phoenix Down:
Like I said in the Gen. Discussion forum, I'm sure in a couple months every character will have a thread that accuses them of being cheap. :p
Amen

It's way too early and people have much too little experience with the game to come up with tiers just yet. It happens this way in EVERY fighting game. Just because a few people don't know how to deal with a certain strategy doesn't mean the game is broken. I guarantee that if the same person tries that technique in a few weeks, he will get his ass spanked hard by anyone who knows what he is doing.

I think its more likely that he is just really good with Ryu.

Some people who have practiced with one character for 10 years approach near perfection with that character.

Example:
I have a friend of mine that pummels many of us by using Charlotte in SS1/SS2. I mean I don't know many people that use her, much less be really good with her.

I'm good with Hanzo and Kioshiero in SS2, Zanetsu in LB1, etc...

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
Electroman:
I think its more likely that he is just really good with Ryu.

Some people who have practiced with one character for 10 years approach near perfection with that character.

Example:
I have a friend of mine that pummels many of us by using Charlotte in SS1/SS2. I mean I don't know many people that use her, much less be really good with her.

I'm good with Hanzo and Kioshiero in SS2, Zanetsu in LB1, etc...
Another good point. How long have people been able to practice with Ryu? The character has remained relatively unchanged since SF2, how hard can it really be for the experienced player to go from game to game using him?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
alec:
For those of you that don't know, sunnyvale golfland has the fiercest competition in America. I entered a CVS2 tourney there and the guy who ran it told me, "if you can win here, you can win pretty much anywhere in the world" I also saw the guy there who wrote my strategy guide for super street fighter 2. Can you believe that, he wrote the book on street fighter.

I saw ryu slaughtering people at svgl too. I saw demitri slaughtering people at mgl though.

Yeah, don't talk shit about svgl.
From my experience, Sunnyvale is not the mecca of arcade gaming in the US that you're playing it up to be. I can't claim to know everything about US arcade gaming, but having been to a few places, I'd rank China Town Fair in NYC as a more competitive place to play. Sunnyvale has a few skilled players that know their stuff, but I would hardly see them there. Maybe they only went late at night, or on weekends, I don't know.

One gripe I have with SVGL is that the machines are often in need of repair, because fat people that can't speak english for shit fuck the joysticks up.

As for world competition... Japan.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Best SF3 players - JP.
Best KOF players I've seen are from England and Pakistan.

BTW, so far the most over powered normal char has got to be Terry. I was tearing it up with terry. He is a bitch in this game.
WATCH OUT.

<small>[ August 26, 2003, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Lord Wolfgang Krauser ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
Best SF3 players - JP.
Best KOF players I've seen are from England and Pakistan.

BTW, so far the most over powered normal char has got to be Terry. I was tearing it up with terry. He is a bitch in this game.
WATCH OUT.
Terry is such cheese in this game. No skill necessary to apply. fw. C, HCF C.

As for Pakistan, I guess I never saw a Paki player before. Much less a brit that could play video games. I always though Kernow was the exception.