SvC , Characters Unbalenced

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I would also throw in to the Best Competition" mix that the US has been the leader in MvC2 gameplay from all of the international tournaments I have read up on.

Small wonder, since it is the most glitz and glam of all Capcom fighters, that the US would tend to dominate. Maybe that has changed, but not that I know of.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
The reason US players dominate in MvC2 is because the Japanese palyers hate the game. If the don't hate it they just never play it.

It's not a serious fighter, it's just lots and lots of beams and infinates. I like to watch people play it, but I don't know how much I would like it.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
MVSC2 is a button mashing pile of puke.
Congrats, you can tap a sequence.

I know how you feel Giby, and there are far less JP players then US ones mvsc2 wise.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
Best SF3 players - JP.
Best KOF players I've seen are from England and Pakistan.

BTW, so far the most over powered normal char has got to be Terry. I was tearing it up with terry. He is a bitch in this game.
WATCH OUT.
Terry is such cheese in this game. No skill necessary to apply. fw. C, HCF C.

As for Pakistan, I guess I never saw a Paki player before. Much less a brit that could play video games. I always though Kernow was the exception.
With Terry, your best bet is set ups.
His jump in D, C, hcb+a is funny. Cause when they try to counter, it wont make a difference.
He has the recovery of Athena or Kim in 2K2.
Iori is good this time as well.
Him and Iori were my most used.
I also liked Bison.

I love being able to use a buster wolf, and if they guard the whole thing I just use a C, and thats that.
Read up on Maan for brits. Hes one of the best out there.
My friends Remu and Badkhan from on.com are both in pakistan. They are amazing players, check there vids on cyberfanatics..

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
I HATE MvC2. It is c-r-a-p. MvSF and XvSF takes real fighting skill. None of this stupid unlimited assist bs. Its just who can assist first, i hate it.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
ajk1080:
I HATE MvC2. It is c-r-a-p. MvSF and XvSF takes real fighting skill. None of this stupid unlimited assist bs. Its just who can assist first, i hate it.
spock

X-Men vs. Street Fighter takes real fighting skill???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

seriously man, you think MvC2 is bad because of "unlimited assists"? Characters are still at a disadvantage when they assist. You mash the assist button, a smart player is going to AHVB their ass over and over and wipe them out. It sounds like you just had a bad experience against someone and didn't know how to get around their assists. You think whoever assists first wins... man, that's funny shit.

XSF though... hoo boy. That game is just a test of who can land their infinite combo first. I mean christ. Hell, all you have to do to win is play Storm/Cyclops. With Storm you can just play run away and fly off the screen and charge super, with practically nothing the opponent can do. Cyclops, well he's an overpowered monster. He has so many options to do damage, and to chip damage off safely. That game is so NOT a measure of skill. It's fun to play for the silly infinites, but not for competition.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
BBH:
ajk1080:
spock

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

seriously man, you think MvC2 is bad because of "unlimited assists"? Characters are still at a disadvantage when they assist. You mash the assist button, a smart player is going to AHVB their ass over and over and wipe them out. It sounds like you just had a bad experience against someone and didn't know how to get around their assists. You think whoever assists first wins... man, that's funny shit.

XSF though... hoo boy. That game is just a test of who can land their infinite combo first. I mean christ. Hell, all you have to do to win is play Storm/Cyclops. With Storm you can just play run away and fly off the screen and charge super, with practically nothing the opponent can do. Cyclops, well he's an overpowered monster. He has so many options to do damage, and to chip damage off safely. That game is so NOT a measure of skill. It's fun to play for the silly infinites, but not for competition.
What's an AHVB?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
MVSC2 is a button mashing pile of puke.
Congrats, you can tap a sequence.

I know how you feel Giby, and there are far less JP players then US ones mvsc2 wise.
I've played MVC2 competitively twice in the arcades over here.

I was trying to unlock all the secret characters in my Dreamcast version, but to do that I had to earn certain points from playing in the arcades, and online as well.

So on a couple of occasions I walked to the arcade, VMU in hand, plugged my VMU into the cab and started playing. I got challenged twice. The first time the guy just kicked my ass. He beat me with a combination of Rockman, Sentinel, and someone else. He'd even take the time to taunt me in between combos. The second time it was some junior high school kid, I beat him no problem. I don't think he was a gamer or anything, just some kid who wandered into the arcade.

Anyway, it's not a very popular game over here anymore, I guess, cause I haven't seen one around these days.

Still see lots of Capcom Vs SNK 2, and Street Fighter 3rd Strike cabs though...

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Master Giby:
BBH:
ajk1080:
spock

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

What's an AHVB?
AHVB: Hyper Viper Beam

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Isn't that Cables super that people connect over and over and over and over and over.

mog

Bead Banger
dmhawkmoon:
Sounds like just a bunch of lame competition.
Ding ding! Winner!

I shouldn't talk much though, there's this complete scrub that hands me my ass at our arcade every time. He uses Iori. It's like every round I beat him down to almost dead, then he wins. I suck.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
MVC2 is highly over rated and is just stupid. Storm, Sentinal, Cable, Captain Comando, and Magneto are the only played characters.

Back to the topic. No Ryu isn't that buff. The only Unbalanced characters IMO are Zero and Mars Alien.