The all new 'What's it worth' thread

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
970   0   0
I’ve got a MV-1 (the big one slot mobo with the controller ports etc). What’s it worth these days?
What is it worth here or any other free forum? Good condition,zero issues?
70-75 before shipping fee.
If I remember correctly,that mobo will not fit in a medium flat rate priority box and they discontinued the large flat rate game board long box meaning the cost to ship your MV1 could be anywhere between 20-25 dollars
BB

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How much can I sell these for ?

Attachments

• AE630418-9A36-4B46-B571-1555E8F8A662.jpeg
    AE630418-9A36-4B46-B571-1555E8F8A662.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
  • A7417A28-2F7E-4A01-9CC7-B8D6BFA7AF8D.jpeg
    A7417A28-2F7E-4A01-9CC7-B8D6BFA7AF8D.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 36

badboybill

n00b
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Any ideas on these:

V-liner mvs loose
Treasure of the Caribbean kit
Bang Bang Busters kit
Ironclad Birkinger kit
Irritating Maze Joy kit
Ghostlop kit

SSVS loose
Diggerman loose

Pro_Gear

Another,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
108   0   1
Any ideas on these:

V-liner mvs loose ($500+)
Treasure of the Caribbean kit (No idea)
Bang Bang Busters kit ($800+)
Ironclad Birkinger kit ($150+)
Irritating Maze Joy kit (No idea)
Ghostlop kit ($150+)

SSVS loose ($650+)
Diggerman loose (No idea)
Here are my best educated guesses on some of these based on what I've seen or paid. If you have a v-liner available I may be interested.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Anyone seen any recent sales on Egret 2s? Trying to figure out current market value
Just an FYI - arcade related questions should go to the Zelda Doll sub-forum - there's a similar thread. 😉

To your question, though, I haven't seen any recent sales, container buys, or the like. Some of the folks that source cabs for others are specifically stating to not inquire about these. 🤷

I've been looking for one for a while now myself. Given rarity and how sought after they are, I'd guestimate in the $5k range in these crazy days.

Probably a better question for the folks over at Arcade Projects. I know there are specific threads about the Egret for cab owners who may have a more educated answer.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Just an FYI - arcade related questions should go to the Zelda Doll sub-forum - there's a similar thread. 😉

To your question, though, I haven't seen any recent sales, container buys, or the like. Some of the folks that source cabs for others are specifically stating to not inquire about these. 🤷

I've been looking for one for a while now myself. Given rarity and how sought after they are, I'd guestimate in the $5k range in these crazy days.

Probably a better question for the folks over at Arcade Projects. I know there are specific threads about the Egret for cab owners who may have a more educated answer.
Cheers thanks for the insights. My bad for putting this in the wrong thread. I'm thinking about parting with mine so this is all helpful. I'll see what's going on at AP these days.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Somebody sold one for $6k recently. The seller backed out of that particular deal though.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looking to thin out the collection a little for family stuff. Ebay prices are all over the map, curious what the going rate for the following MVS carts is before I list them for sale:

Baseball Stars Professional
Cyber Lip
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 4
Neo Drift Out
Ninja Combat
Samurai Shodown IV
Super Sidekicks 2
Super Sidekicks Ultimate 11
Twinkle Star Sprites (japanese label)
World Heroes 2

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
hiyas
I see original Mas stick pricing all over the place
wondering anyone bought/sold or any value info for the NG MAS with turbo/slo-mo?

Attachments

• smol1.jpg
    smol1.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 7
  • smol2.jpg
    smol2.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 7
  • smol3.jpg
    smol3.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wi4aUc0.jpg

...I've been a lurker here for a few years and wanted to ask if anyone can provide a rough estimate of the value of my Home System collection if I were to sell it all at once. All of the games are complete with the manuals. I've had it for many years and am not in touch with the current market. If it would be permitted, I'd much rather sell it whole and definitely not on ebay.

skateonwalls

I love sexy knickers!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It's more time consuming,selling as set your gonna get a lot less money. I would suggest taking out some high value items and selling the rest as a set maybe.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
wi4aUc0.jpg

...I've been a lurker here for a few years and wanted to ask if anyone can provide a rough estimate of the value of my Home System collection if I were to sell it all at once. All of the games are complete with the manuals. I've had it for many years and am not in touch with the current market. If it would be permitted, I'd much rather sell it whole and definitely not on ebay.
To sell a set like that, the Neo Forums isn't going to the place to do it. You should try some of the Neo centric Facebook groups that are teeming with new shelf-collectors drooling over English AES releases. Us old shits here mostly have these games or wouldn't be interested in purchasing a full set of older releases like this due to the US market prices exploding over the last few years. As @skateonwalls mentioned you may be able to parse out some of the more sought after titles from your set to sell individually here like Last Resort and Viewpoint, though.

If you sell the set of games, which are mostly early releases, you could start your asking price around $4500 - $5500 or so and haggle from there. Rough estimate if sold individually based on current US prices would be around $6100, but that will take a considerable amount of time and patience on your part as none of these games are particularly rare and Ebay is flooded with them. Basically, don't expect to get Ebay amount of money from private sales if you do decide to try to sell individually. Ebay will also eat 14% of your earnings in seller fees these days.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To sell a set like that, the Neo Forums isn't going to the place to do it. You should try some of the Neo centric Facebook groups that are teeming with new shelf-collectors drooling over English AES releases. Us old shits here mostly have these games or wouldn't be interested in purchasing a full set of older releases like this due to the US market prices exploding over the last few years. As @skateonwalls mentioned you may be able to parse out some of the more sought after titles from your set to sell individually here like Last Resort and Viewpoint, though.

If you sell the set of games, which are mostly early releases, you could start your asking price around $4500 - $5500 or so and haggle from there. Rough estimate if sold individually based on current US prices would be around $6100, but that will take a considerable amount of time and patience on your part as none of these games are particularly rare and Ebay is flooded with them. Basically, don't expect to get Ebay amount of money from private sales if you do decide to try to sell individually. Ebay will also eat 14% of your earnings in seller fees these days.
Those numbers seem to line up with the ones I came up with over a bit of price checking. I really do appreciate you taking the time to provide the advice! To note, I'd never sell these on eBay, besides the fees there's also the 1099 threshold AND the corresponding self employment tax. It destroyed my refund this year, since my State lowered the threshold early. Even if I don't sell, having these numbers/estimates is good for insurance purposes.