The all new 'What's it worth' thread

-EvilRyu-

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think the quality of gameplay has much, if anything, to do with it. If you look at the most expensive games - it is pretty solidly a number of copies made thing. Games like Legend of Success Joe and Fight Fever are more than MS3 because of available copies and copies made. MS 5 was produced more in PCB format, so is more widely available there.
how much legend of success joe? i 've one copy ...

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
How much on a original memory card with all the packaging and working all in excellent condition?

Pic:

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Any input on the value of a Quiz King of Fighters AES cart with a mint-quality cart and manual (seriously, I don't think this thing has ever been used), old-style case with a minor crack?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
AJ - MV1B fully working - about $75

Marty - about $55 on that near mint complete memory card. Loosies do $25-35, CIB do $45-55 depending on condition

Evil - $100~ on an clean MVS LoSJ

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Does anyone know the going rate on the MV-ELA LCD Circuit Board and the wires needed for each end?

(seen here: http://www.hardmvs.com/html/marquee.htm)

I'm looking for one and talked to one guy about it so far.

I've restored a few big reds and always had to track those down. Too common ops would gut the top and put a ballast and fluorescent up there. I caught most of mine from the KLOV boards. Throw up a wanted ad and you can prob get one for $25-50.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I've restored a few big reds and always had to track those down. Too common ops would gut the top and put a ballast and fluorescent up there. I caught most of mine from the KLOV boards. Throw up a wanted ad and you can prob get one for $25-50.

cool. thanks. i'll check them out.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
What do toaster NES systems usually go for now days? For the sake of this discussion we will assume, NES console + 1 Controller + Hookups.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At least $50, more depending how impatient or dumb (doesn't research first) the buyer is.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
What do toaster NES systems usually go for now days? For the sake of this discussion we will assume, NES console + 1 Controller + Hookups.

You buying or selling? If you're buying, I have a spare I would offer up cheaper than market (possibly with games and extra controllers, if you're interested).

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Wh...what?

When did this happen?

:scratch:

Don't know why there's so much hike for MS5 mvs cart. It was like $130-$150 last year. Guess you have to be patient to find a cheaper price.
Pulstar for 400 euro? No way Jose.................

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Don't know why there's so much hike for MS5 mvs cart. It was like $130-$150 last year. Guess you have to be patient to find a cheaper price.
Pulstar for 400 euro? No way Jose.................

I know a MS5 sold on this forum in the last few months for $200. Not sure about Pulstar.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Only a fool would pay $400 for MVS pulstar, some Australian listed it for that and got laughed at iirc. It's floating around the $200-250 mark iirc. Still expensive unfortunately.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Only a fool would pay $400 for MVS pulstar, some Australian listed it for that and got laughed at iirc. It's floating around the $200-250 mark iirc. Still expensive unfortunately.

It was also bought by a member here for not much less than that.

Pasky

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
It was also bought by a member here for not much less than that.

You gonna keep being passive aggressive and buttmad because you stared at some dicks because of me or are you going to help everyone out and state the price? It's pretty obvious you were the one that suggested the $400 to him anyways.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So, yea, I haven't been around in forever and have a nice chunk of MVS things that haven't seen the light of day for years. Way I see it, they should probably be in a player's hands than in my cabinet, so it's time to price them out.

All US unless otherwise noted:
Blazing Star
Bust a Move
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (JPN & custom label)
King of Fighters '98
King of the Monsters
Last Blade
Last Blade II (JPN, custom label)
Magical Drop III (Unknown region, custom label)
Metal Slug (JPN)
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X (unknown region, custom label)
Samurai Shodown IV (unknown region, custom label)
Sengoku
Shock Troopers (complete US kit)

I have shock boxes with inserts for almost all of them, plus I have about another 10 blank shock boxes.

Hardware wise, I have a VERY early modded MV-2F that only has composite and S-Video out with a VERY early Unibios installed. Remember, I haven't used this thing regularly in years.
I have two of the CD pad controllers, both still look and work beautifully.

Would I be crazy asking aaround $1,200 + shipping for someone to take the lot off my hands or am I super low/highballing? I know I'd generally get more parting it out, but that's a lot of time to get done.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You gonna keep being passive aggressive and buttmad because you stared at some dicks because of me or are you going to help everyone out and state the price? It's pretty obvious you were the one that suggested the $400 to him anyways.

I certainly didn't suggest that price, you can assume all you want though. I also don't know who did suggest the price of $400, but in my opinion, it's way off. I'm also not going to state who purchased it as it's not up to me. I was told who made the offer and at what price. Whether that is true or not, I can't say. A little digging in some of the other threads should give you your answer.

Pasky

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I certainly didn't suggest that price, you can assume all you want though. I also don't know who did suggest the price of $400, but in my opinion, it's way off. I'm also not going to state who purchased it as it's not up to me. I was told who made the offer and at what price. Whether that is true or not, I can't say. A little digging in some of the other threads should give you your answer.

Nah I honestly don't care as I wasn't even involved in saying the price was ridiculous in the original thread, just wanted to say $400 is way off as deemed by others in that post.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Twinkle Star Sprites - legit AES.

what would I need to spend for it nowadays?

and would a trade with a US Metal Slug 3 be feasible?