The Avengers Trailer

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I thought the Thor movie was quite good but didnt really like Captain america. Will most prob see this for a bit of fun though.

Fett

Camel Slug
No matter what happens, I think it's safe to say this --there's no way it will be as bad as the last "The Avengers" movie, and if it can erase these memories it will have done justice for humankind:

You know the original Avengers TV show (which that was a remake of) and Avengers Comic book have nothing to do with one another, right?

on a side note, why the hell did they replace David Hasselhoff with Samuel Jackson for the Nick Fury role anyway?

Ultimate Nick Fury was based on Sam Jackson at least a decade before he was ever signed to play the character.
UltimateNickFury.jpg

Steve

The Wonder Years,
did they originally intend to go with Ed Norton or was Mark R. always their guy?

Just wondering why the change was made. I like Mark R. but he's definitely no Ed Norton

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
did they originally intend to go with Ed Norton or was Mark R. always their guy?

Just wondering why the change was made. I like Mark R. but he's definitely no Ed Norton

Norton was done after Hulk. He has some kind of issues with the character and not being able to add some things he wanted so he walked away after Hulk.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Norton was done after Hulk. He has some kind of issues with the character and not being able to add some things he wanted so he walked away after Hulk.

Sucks. Movie would have probably been to perfect with Norton anyway.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sucks. Movie would have probably been to perfect with Norton anyway.
Really? He's a great actor and everything, but I didn't think he made a particularly good Banner. I can't think of one thing he did during the entire movie that was the least bit Banner-esque. Not line delivery, not mannerisms, nothing. He was just some guy. I think his intent was to try to do the Bill Bixby version of the character, and he didn't even capture that.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, seriously. Best part of the movie was the beginning, seeing the locale of that south american city.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Mark Ruffalo as Banner is a mistake, he's always seemed like a slow-talking dullard to me.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Mark Ruffalo as Banner is a mistake, he's always seemed like a slow-talking dullard to me.
I've never seen him in anything, but he has a fat face. He looks more like Doctor Octopus than Bruce Banner. I don't know why Marvel seems to have such a hard time casting this role in particular.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Really? He's a great actor and everything, but I didn't think he made a particularly good Banner. I can't think of one thing he did during the entire movie that was the least bit Banner-esque. Not line delivery, not mannerisms, nothing. He was just some guy. I think his intent was to try to do the Bill Bixby version of the character, and he didn't even capture that.

Well to tell you the truth I just enjoy Norton as an actor. As for his interpretation of comic book Banner, I really have little to no frame of reference (don't read much Hulk). How did you feel about Eric Bana's Banner?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I really, really like 2003 Hulk. Haven't seen it since the mid-00s, though.

The CG for that Hulk, man, I wonder how well it's held up. I was just blown away back then. I bet it still looks more realistic than the recent Hulk.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I really, really like 2003 Hulk. Haven't seen it since the mid-00s, though.

The CG for that Hulk, man, I wonder how well it's held up. I was just blown away back then. I bet it still looks more realistic than the recent Hulk.

You bet wrong, my friend. The Ang Lee Hulk looks pretty silly by today's standards.

Anyways, Ruffalo is a great actor. I think he'll be a fine Banner.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I hated the Ang Lee Hulk. I lost it with the gamma charged poodle. At least with the one with Norton it had a good end fight but it was a chore to get too. I wonder if Hulk will speak or not in Avengers. He only said Liv Tylor's name and HULK SMASH in the last movie, so hopefully he'll have more to say. Wish they'd show more of him in the trailer, but I guess their going to finish him last.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He only said Liv Tylor's name and HULK SMASH in the last movie, so hopefully he'll have more to say. Wish they'd show more of him in the trailer, but I guess their going to finish him last.

Seeing Banner meditate in the last scene and having gained control over transforming into Hulk at will, it'd be stupid not to.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I will admit the first time I saw it, I hated it, aside from the fingerbanging and omelette scenes, in which I was the only one in the midnight showing laughing.

Then the second time, third time, fourth time, etc...really grew on me by then.

Great, misunderstood flick.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
If you didn't see it during the Super Bowl, here's The Avengers Super Bowl Trailer.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol hawkeye. i wonder how they'll develop his character. Dude's not even in a costume, awww poor actor must feel emasculated next to real super heroes

if hulk doesn't wig out and start beating up his own team i'll be disappointed