The Big Day

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fuck yeah I love seeing threads like this. Actual work is being done here and it's great to see. This is all very motivating for me, I need to knock down a wall or two in the coming future.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Whats wrong with the windows?
The sink and toilet in one of the bathrooms looked ok.
Why di you take out those fake furred ceilings?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
The windows, one is broken. the others have damage on different places. One is bowed out bad from being pried open. Also, they are letting moisture I may be able to salvage some. However the windows on both ends of the house are coming out and not being replaced. There is no reason to have a window looking at the crack heads next door.

A new toilet is not expensive enough to bother trying to conserve the old one. The sink is going to be replaced with a vanity so that there is a bit of storage. Storage in the bathroom is very limited so I need to try and maximize as much as I can in there.

The ceilings had to come out. The insulation was infested with roaches and rats.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Oh, they were put up half ass. Also, want as much height as I can get to make it feel more open.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Just catching up on this thread...

Makes me so pissed that kids were living in that house! I can't believe it.

Good work getting it to the shape it is now! Really nice progress!

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Man, what an awesome project. Some people talk about doing things like this, but they never really go on with it.

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Best of luck. :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You've made a lot of progress in a short amount of time, it's looking good. I hope you make some decent coin on this!

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Well, I've not been keeping up with the photos, but here is a small update.

With my work schedule and all I've been letting my dad take care of some things. He hired a guy for me to do the drywall. The guy turned out to be a dumbass. A job quoted at 11 days ended up taking him a month to get it finished. With any luck, painting and flooring next week. Then cabinets, finish the electrical and hook up all the fixtures, and sell the fucker.

Also, last night someone came over and stole all my stepping stones going from the carport to the garage. Just like for flat round concrete steps but they took them. Also, have had other stuff stolen over the last month or so, nothing too major, oh and they took all the flowers off the rose on the yard too.

I'm so sick of home repair, I've been thinking of just having a new house built in a newer subdivision just outside of town, so I won't have anything to work on for hopefully a long time.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Tree is gone today.

Before

After

Looking down at the yard. It is nothing but a mud hole where under the tree was as no grass would grow there.

I have to do some ground work and put the grade of the yard back right so the water will run off proper as it all just pools up back there at the moment.

Talked today with the man who lived in the house as a child back in the day. Told me that his father would bring home these little evergreen trees that he would find out on jobs where they were going to be knocked down. He said his dad wanted pine tree and brought several home over the years and this was the only one that lived.

They had no idea what kind of tree it was back then but he told me that it was planted when he was eight so it has been growing there about 50 years.

Cost $480 to have it taken down and hauled away. They also took the old Christmas tree with them.

So, now with the tree gone, its time to clean out the gutters.

On top of the car port. It will be a bit tough to see in the photo maybe but there is a whole little forest growing there.

Doing some work outside while the weather is good. Cleaned up some of the crap out of the yard and house. Working on cleaning out the garage. Got a lot to do outside still that I want to get done while I have some good days.

Found some termite damage in the garage so that will have to be taken care of.

FAT$ love how when you first got it it was gloomy. Now, the birds and skies are happy over your renovations. In all seriousness though, this is a inspirational thread. Good luck dude. Loved reading this whole thread.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Very minor update. Now my edger stones around my flowers are all gone. I guess the same person that took my stepping stones needed those too. Also, my garage has been shot up with a BB gun.

The sheriff's department sent a deputy by looking for Crystal F. Polston because it seems she didn't show up for some community service. Well, just so happens I've been keeping up with her and was able to direct them to her new shit hole she is staying in. Glad I could help out the Sheriff's department.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Very minor update. Now my edger stones around my flowers are all gone. I guess the same person that took my stepping stones needed those too. Also, my garage has been shot up with a BB gun.

It's so sad to see the crippling effects of gardening addiction. One minute you're trimming a miniature topiary, the next you're flipping edgers for the next fix.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
So I should have a good size update tonight.

Anyhow until then.

I've been doing what I can to keep track of the whore that I had evicted and her family.

Her and her husband are in jail now and look to be staying there a while due to finally getting in enough trouble over probation violations. Also, it was fun updating the police on her whereabouts every time they would come by looking for her. I was able to keep track of her through about five of her moves and where her husband was through two of his. The police were very happy to be able to find them when they wanted them.

Their kids went to her father's mom for a while but when she found out they weren't getting out of jail any time soon, she sent them to foster homes. They got broken up and went to two different cities, (keeping tabs on them too), but now Crystal's stepfather has gotten custody of them so they are staying with him. Also, their dog went to animal control. Was half way thinking about trying to adopt it just so I could be like, 'Bitch I got your dog and your house!' but that may be taking things too far.

Just for fun here is three years worth of arrests.

Crystal Fay Polston

So the police were talking about arresting her.

The time when she broke into a neighbor's house and stole their TV and other things. When the cops came to the door to talk to her, they had the remote control for the TV and after she gave them some BS story, they stood there changing channels and turning the TV off and on.

I thought that was kind of a funny thing for them to do.

Also, the druggie neighbors have finally been run off. So, if nothing else I'm helping make the neighborhood a better place.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
So here it is.

As of right now I've a family member interested in the house. If that doesn't work out then next week it goes on the market.

Against my own and everyone's better judgement I had decided to remodel the place. Aside from a little bit of touch up work, such as painting part of the fence, cleaning out my stuff from the garage and just tiny things. Its basically done.

Now it's far from perfect. It's just done as best as we could do it for the money we were spending and our ability.

Here are some pictures.

We'll start with some before and after pictures and then just some random extra photos.

Next up is the inside!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Looks good to me. Is that new turf or the old stuff brought back to life?

I see you did some work outside of the fence too, is all the way up to the kerb your property or just your responsibility?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Gut and flip. I've actually seen worse but it's pretty damn bad. Good luck bro.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Also, the druggie neighbors have finally been run off. So, if nothing else I'm helping make the neighborhood a better place.

bCK14tU.gif

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Well, the fence got straightened, painted and then removed in the back.

The yard is just the grass given a chance to live without heathen kids and mongrel dogs stamping it into the dirt every day. That and a little lawn care stuff put on it to help it along. But pretty much everything yard wise has to be taken care of even though the city claims right to so much easement, it's still the home owner's responsibility up to the curb.

So, as you notice I've tried to take the pictures from the same kind of position from back when. Got fairly close on some of them. It was kind of a fun thing to try and do.

Next up some non comparison photos

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Looking very good. It is a total transformation! Great job!!!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
That looks great, it's the difference between night and day. Fucking bravo man.

If I had to make any criticism I would maybe say both sets of double doors look like they could take an extra coat of paint, but that really is nitpicking for the sake of something to say.

What's the star trek replicator in the wall by the way? An ice dispenser or something?