[The Change-Up] June, Rage of the Dragons, Martial Masters

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Welcome back to the Change-Up for June.

Familiar Fighting Games w/ Unfamiliar Characters.

G2Lsivf.gif

D7UUpYq.png

We are Featuring Rage of the Dragons on Neo, and Martial Masters on PGM this month.

We will also have a "Bonus Round" game with Strip Fighter 2 on PC Engine :keke:, so give it a shot if you have time.

Same Rules as last time:

Spoiler:
This is not a competition. The idea is to put a fresh spin on games that we have played (and in many cases over-played).

1) Any members may participate. If you are interested in playing either or both of the games like this, then post up and tell us who you normally use for these games, or if you've never played them before, what character styles you generally use, example: characters with Ryu/ken type movesets, or grapplers like Zangief etc.

2) After you've posted, other members will give you suggestions of who to use. It could be a good character you never really use, or just someone wacky. If you get several suggestions, pick the ones you like as long as they are not your normal characters. Then try to beat the game with your "unfamiliar" characters. After playing come back and post to tell us how far you got (beat 2 guys, or 4, or got a 1cc etc.)

3) Some of the characters in these games are made to be low tier type fighters (like Dan). You can challenge someone to use one of these types of characters.

Participants:

1) Dipindods
2) Danthor
3) Whisper2053
4) Mugicha
5) Twe3ek
6) BerryTogart
7)
8)
9)

good luck!
AuvP6RT.gif

Last edited:

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
im deff down gunna put martial masters in my blast and rotd in the big red. should be a fun month :)

so matial masters i play tiger, master huang and ghost kick so anyone else would be kinda new for me

and rotd ive only played billy jimmy and barley i bought game a year ago and played maybe 10 mins of it ever hahaha i like it just never got around to it

so someone gimmie so guys or girls to use

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
ALL in! LOVED last month, I can't wait to get cracking on this. Not having a PGM, I'm in for Rage of the Dragons! My mains at present (bearing in mind I'm only modestly familiar with this game to begin with) are Jimmy, and Elias. So... who is going to be my team this time? :D

dipindods

the priest and the fat guy hahaha sorry dont know anyones name havent really played it

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Hmm.

For RotD, I don't suppose I really have a 'good/main' character, so it's pretty open.

MM: Master Huang is about the closest thing to a 'main' that I have, so bring it on :D

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
still waiting on my challenge bro montana :/

Dip...why don't you give Crane a shot? You seem to be all about the power hitters, so a speedy willow striker (lol) might be an interesting change of pace!

dipindods

ok crane sounds good to me......and im not into power hitters i didnt pick sentenal to play last month :P

i guess ima give you a guy now. hmmmmm how bout monk so you have the heavy hitter this month bud
and for rotd (sorry dont know the names) try the guy with the white hair and the tight one z and the black dude with the one z.......team tight tops

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Haven't played either of the games and will have to go Emu for lack of hardware. I'm most familiar with Ken style chars - just assign me something and I'll play it ;) (no whisp - NOT in strip fighter)

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
the priest and the fat guy hahaha sorry dont know anyones name havent really played it

Welp, the Priest I think you're talking about is Elias! Already using him, I'll need another suggestion. I'll take you up on the fat guy (Kang), though. I've never used him before.

Edit: Mugi suggested Lynn, so I guess it's gonna be Kang and Lynn for me this month! This should be interesting, to say the very least.

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Haven't played either of the games and will have to go Emu for lack of hardware. I'm most familiar with Ken style chars - just assign me something and I'll play it ;) (no whisp - NOT in strip fighter)

No one else has offered up yet, so I'll throw down the gauntlet...at least for Martial Masters! SF shoto types, eh? Give Scorpion a try then...I think you'll find his squirreliness and unpredictable moveset a significant departure from what youre used to :)

Also...Medusa in Strip Fighter. Dat hair... :keke:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Oh no...MM's Scorpion is quite an interesting guy. Prior to this, he was the char I was going to actually work on getting good with. Huang was who I started with, simply due to him having that 'main character' feel...but Scorpion is quite intriguing. I used squirrely to describe him earlier, but that really doesn't do it justice. I hope you enjoy his unpredictability (to your opponent) :)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

no worries man, Ive only played MM on emu, and my RotD is on the multicart so we are in a similar boat, but its all good:D

I'm also in, sorry it's taken me a bit to get back in here.

for RotD, I like Billy and Lynn. and for MM I always used Crane. so what's it gonna be for me guys?

dipindods

ok so first stab at rotd i picked radel and annie and i gotta say after about 2 games i got there moves down and there alot of fun. got all the way to last guy but i guess i wasnt doing that good everytime i won a match i got a E rating on every match....thats not good. also how do you do a tag super move? well i beat everyone but last guy. in about 6 trys only one was about almost a win. most games i get his health below 50% but he pretty much kills me effortless. any tips on beating this son of a bitch?

Mug why dont you try pepe and poopa......haha worst names ever.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
ok so first stab at rotd i picked radel and annie and i gotta say after about 2 games i got there moves down and there alot of fun. got all the way to last guy but i guess i wasnt doing that good everytime i won a match i got a E rating on every match....thats not good. also how do you do a tag super move? well i beat everyone but last guy. in about 6 trys only one was about almost a win. most games i get his health below 50% but he pretty much kills me effortless. any tips on beating this son of a bitch?

Mug why dont you try pepe and poopa......haha worst names ever.

I'm on it Dip! was preoccupied trying to sort out an issue with one of my cabs recently, but it's all good now and I'm ready to fight!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
back to report, after my initial run.

Pupa was ok, didn't do too bad with her, just didn't have quite a grasp with her yet, and oh yeah wrenches (lulz). Pepe, was fucking badass!! Arriba with the air knee!! he combo's nicely, kinda reninds me of dong hwan in MOTW. Love him so far, and I've never thought to play him before, so I'm pretty happy.

can anyone throw a Martial Masters suggestion at me, I'll probably have time to play it in a bit. I always use Crane.

dipindods

try tiger he is pretty bad ass and nothing like crane at all. he is one of my fav guys besides ghost kick

did anyone get to last guy on rotd? i need some stagey to beat this dick he keeps fucking me up. and how do you do a tag super?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
yeah tiger, I like him.....:D

I uh, didn't even realize there was a white guy in that game lol, but he's badass alrite. I got about 7 fights in until Master Huang raped me till my anus was bloody, srsly got no mercy from that guy.

also played a little More RotD, and pepe and pupa are really growing on me, I need to study some moves but I am really enjoying the choices this month. I feel RotD is very underrated/overlooked as far as neo fighters go, I like the special input combos.

I do have to say one thing to get it off my chest though. Martial Masters is a great game. but goddammn the lack of interesting names for the characters just drives me nuts. I mean, I get it, they were going for each character representing different styles of Martial Arts, but just calling them tiger, or crane, or drunken master is such a cop-out. it actually really irks me, it's the one thing I srsly can't stand about this game, and everything else about it, I downright love!!

dipindods

martial masters is one of my top 5 best fighters ever.....and the names are lame and thats all i dont like :)

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Tried a few rounds of scorpion with the D-Pad - I must say I like the controls of this game, allthough I haven't really a clue of the moves yet it all feels rather smooth and responsive.
Will have to do an extensive test with the arcade setup.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
So I finally had some time to really dig in with this team. Holy CRAP am I out of my element. I had a hard time winning even the first fight! Amazingly, I seem to be picking up Kang faster than Lynn, now being able to actually pull off combos with him. This is gonna be a hard month!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Tried a few rounds of scorpion with the D-Pad - I must say I like the controls of this game, allthough I haven't really a clue of the moves yet it all feels rather smooth and responsive.
Will have to do an extensive test with the arcade setup.

Dunno how much of this will be readable/understandable, but here's the Scorpion page from 'whisps notebook':

6qcPCA0XRtUe6Nd7x1QTr4RnMpMHc.jpg

Edit: For the record, if you see the '...' notation before or after a combo string, it means you can either start with a 'choose-your-own' string (if before), or add a 'choose-your-own' string (if after). Hope that helps.

Edit 2: And yes, all that's for Scorpion :D

Last edited: