[The Change-Up] June, Rage of the Dragons, Martial Masters

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
So has there been any sort of thought on this, guys? We've had a lot of suggestions/nominations, but everyone has to still decide on something. July is fast approaching...

sorry whips been a little busy, I'll tally up in a bit and see whats what :)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
so these were the options you guys laid out:

For Neo:

Breaker's revenge, Ninja Master's, Real bout 1, Real Bout Special, WakuWaku7

For other:

Eternal Champions (sega cd), Neo Geo Battle Colliseum (ps2), Super Street Fighter 2 (snes/arcade), Cyberbots (saturn/arcade), psychic force 2012, anarchy in the nippon (saturn), kabuki klash (pc engine)

quite a few options here, the only one I saw mentioned more than once was a real bout (either 1 or Special), and since none of the real bouts are on the multicart, it's a good excuse for me to give one a go :) I also think it'd be a good time to try a KOF since there are so many of them, but we do already have some very solid neo choices.

cyberbots also piqued my interest, as did NGBC, I've only played it just a couple times.

so we do have a fair amount of choices here, anyone keen on any of these?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Well, fwiw, I have access to all of the above except Ninja Master's/Waku/Cyberbots :(

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
I don't have access to most of the list, however I was talking to "whips" (lol) yesterday about this and the two of us agreed on any Real Bout (I vote for Special personally), and Super Street Fighter 2 since I own it. I'm not big on romz, but am willing to use them.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I don't have access to most of the list, however I was talking to "whips" (lol) yesterday about this and the two of us agreed on any Real Bout (I vote for Special personally), and NGBC since I can play it on an emulator. I'm not big on romz, but am willing to use them.

Fixed :D

Also, fwiw, I was really hoping Eternal Champions or Psychic Force would get some more love. Sigh.

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
I honestly don't know if I have a comp that's strong enough to run a PS2 emulator. I'll play around and figure it out though.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
One Must Fall 2097?

I didn't realize this was a game, I thought you were quoting or referencing something. After watching a vid, I'm not sure I could stomach this game, even if I could play it, it looks worse than Rise of the Robots :oh_no:

from the look of things, Real Bout Special is getting the most interest with Neo Geo Battle Colisseum following, so do these sound good for next month then guys?

I'm curious about the Real Bout series since I kinda lost interest in FF after 2. This setup is a very good reason for me to give the game a good solid chance, so I'm looking forward to it :)

edit: Also thank you to twek for offering to host, while it's not the hardest thing to do, I never planned on running it every month like a dictatorship :lolz:

Last edited:

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
ok first thing.....been playn martial masters wit crane and she was kinda quarky at first but after a bunch of games i really enjoyed her. beat the game with her in about 4 yen (play it in my blast) master lotus handed my ass to me 3 times b4 i finally pulled though. her dart move quarter circle back kick is just to close to her nina williams chop witch is half circle back kick.....dont know why they would have two moves so close in oerforming u have no idea how many times i did one when i ment the other arrrghhh. but all in all she was a great charcter to play and glad i gave her a try. as for rotd i havent played since last guy embarrassed me......fuck him hahaha

as for next month i vote for any kof and any rbff for the neo. and for other games i vote for super street fighter 2 or ngbc. both solid games in my opinion.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
oh yeah sorry i havent been around in a while ive been real busy with work and finding a hard time to get to play this month :(

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I didn't realize this was a game, I thought you were quoting or referencing something. After watching a vid, I'm not sure I could stomach this game, even if I could play it, it looks worse than Rise of the Robots :oh_no:

from the look of things, Real Bout Special is getting the most interest with Neo Geo Battle Colisseum following, so do these sound good for next month then guys?

I'm curious about the Real Bout series since I kinda lost interest in FF after 2. This setup is a very good reason for me to give the game a good solid chance, so I'm looking forward to it :)

edit: Also thank you to twek for offering to host, while it's not the hardest thing to do, I never planned on running it every month like a dictatorship :lolz:

Haha no problem man, glad to help! Seems like having both NGBC and Super Street Fighter II for the non-Neo might be good as both seem to be fairly popular.

Sidenote, a buddy and I used to play a LOT of One Must Fall back in the 90's and it is FAR worse than you could imagine. I would honestly vote (seriously) for Strip Fighter II again over this game.

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet

Sounds like a good set!

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Sidenote, a buddy and I used to play a LOT of One Must Fall back in the 90's and it is FAR worse than you could imagine. I would honestly vote (seriously) for Strip Fighter II again over this game.
You know nothing John Tw3ek! It was all we had as PC kids!