rahm-emanuel-is-having-a-really-bad-summer.jpg

Obviously Rahm is a happy happy camper! :lolz:

tumblr_m66zc9fAoB1qgky6to2_r1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
alright diversity time!!

someone throw me another 2 suggestions for RotD, other than billy, jimmy,lynn, pepe, pupa,

who's it gonna be? :mr_t:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
alright diversity time!!

someone throw me another 2 suggestions for RotD, other than billy, jimmy,lynn, pepe, pupa,

who's it gonna be? :mr_t:

Turn off RotD and play Strip Fighter :p

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I'm still slogging through and making slow headway. I got to my 4th fight today, before losing my last credit. Amazingly, it remains that Kang is getting better and better! My combo game otherwise is still pretty weak. The C+D combos are easy enough to do, but starting them is problematic, and I have a hell of a time linking anything with Lynn on real people combos. I either hit too soon, or too late, missing and paying for it. One of these days, I'll remember to post a progress screen..

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Everyone that hates the English names in they Martial Masters, trade me. I have a nice, kanji filled tw rev waiting here for yuo.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
way to keep at it dan! there's a lot of characters in that game so if you feel you wanna change it up again, just ask! you said I should play johan but I didn't see a character named that :( So I tried Radel, and holy shit he is badass. He's pretty damn strong and fast for his size, plus he several basic moves that hit more than once, and actually kind of a cool character.

i don't understand why RotD isn't very popular even among Neo Fans, it's a really solid game :)

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
its a great game with a monster of a last guy......havent had time to play most of this month busy with work and other stuff but after that beating the last guy gave me im not looking foward to that battle again hahaha. maybe this week ima have to squeeze some martial masters in i love that game!

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Got to my 5th fight today! One step ahead! I was feeling really good about this run, I was getting a handle on linking, and I'd gotten there without using a single credit! Then.. Cassandra happened. She took ALL 4 of my credits, entirely by herself. She didn't even tag out! She's going to be quite a wall to knock down..

way to keep at it dan! there's a lot of characters in that game so if you feel you wanna change it up again, just ask! you said I should play johan but I didn't see a character named that :( So I tried Radel, and holy shit he is badass.

I wasn't near my Neo at the time, and I'm still learning the names on the roster, so I hit the SNK Wiki and chose the first set of names I saw. After reading this and doubling back, I saw he's the boss.... no wonder you can't pick him. My bad!

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I wasn't near my Neo at the time, and I'm still learning the names on the roster, so I hit the SNK Wiki and chose the first set of names I saw. After reading this and doubling back, I saw he's the boss.... no wonder you can't pick him. My bad!

no worries brother, I tried radel instead and was very impressed with his speed and moves considering his size. Overall I still love Pepe. I was even able to get local member 100proof over to play a few rounds and got to try out my new Pepe, it went pretty well :) It was funny when we both fumbled our custom combos, we couldn't help but laugh.

I still like this game alot, and I think it fares well in the Neo library, I might be the minority in saying that but oh well.....

I haven't played as much Martial Masters, however I just acquired a pgm mobo and I do have a MM cart on the way from China (hopefully) so I'm looking forward to playing some more Tiger on a legit setup.

On another note, I think it's about time we start voting for next month's titles, as long is there is some interest to keep this going. I'd also like to bow out from hosting this coming month, and let someone else take over if that's all right?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Sorry about not posting up for this month's, guys :(

Sad part is, I've put mad crazy time into both games, but always forgot to post up about it :crying:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
no worries brother, I tried radel instead and was very impressed with his speed and moves considering his size. Overall I still love Pepe. I was even able to get local member 100proof over to play a few rounds and got to try out my new Pepe, it went pretty well :) It was funny when we both fumbled our custom combos, we couldn't help but laugh.

Yeah it seemed like every game I would do pretty well (barring constantly whiffing my dial-a-combos) and then Pepe would come in and body me. :) His hitboxes are really strange. Either way, good games. Looking forward to getting together on the regular for some Change-up matches.

Johann is a cheating piece of garbage but the AI does have a couple of exploitable holes. Like solving a puzzle.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Edit 2: Forgot progress report from last night. I didn't get much farther, only to my 6th fight, this time. Only lost 2 credits on fight 5 before losing them both to Bimmy in the next fight. I think Kang may actually be working his way into my regular rotation for use. Not something I expected, though I suppose that's half the fun of this!

I think it's about time we start voting for next month's titles, as long is there is some interest to keep this going. I'd also like to bow out from hosting this coming month, and let someone else take over if that's all right?

I agree, it is getting close to next month. I'm super interested in this still going! As for suggestions.. hmm..

NeoGeo: Breaker's Revenge, Ninja Master's, Real Bout?
Other platforms are hard for me to choose, I don't have a lot of experience with non-console based fighters outside Neo games, Street Fighters, and the Mortal Kombats.

Edit: I'm.. not sure in hindsight where I thought console versions or based fighters were ineligible for selection..that said, I'm gonna at least nominate Bushido Blade for 'Other'!

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
6qCyr0HhuvGXA8Pl4KS7o7rRzJluq.jpg

Sorry guys! At least I *have* been playing though!

As for next month...hmm.

I'd be down for one of The Real Bouts for a Neo choice. As for an 'other' system...

Suggestions (by system, and all imo lesser known/played titles):

Eternal Champions Challenge from the Dark Side (Sega CD): Better than a lot of people give it credit for being.

Goiken Muyou: Anarcy in the Nippon (Sega Saturn/Arcade? not sure...): A *great* 3d fighter that might actually be one of the best entries of the genre for the Saturn

Psychic Force/2012 (PS1/DC/Arcade): Super neat 3d flying fighter. The 2012 apellation is added to the DC release's title.

Tengai Makyo KABUKI ITŌRYODAN (PCE): A pretty amazingly done title for the ol' "8-bit" system lol. Warning: it *does* require an Arcade Card.

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (PS2/XBLA/Arcade): What I consider to be the spiritual successor to CvS2, and definitely worth a play.

Also...hosting definitely needs to be addressed. Mugi was kind enough to be the one screwing this donkey for the last couple months and he definitely needs a break. Any takers?

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I'll gladly give Mugi a break from hosting this thread

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I'll gladly give Mugi a break from hosting this thread

Hooray for Tw3ek!

Edit: Also, good choices for 'Other' nominations. The voting should be interesting.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Whoops, forgot to vote.

For Neo, Real Bout Special would be nice! Personally my favorite of the series, but I have yet to play with characters other than Terry or Chonrei.

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
Neo: How about Waku Waku 7 unless of course it's been done lately?

Other:I would liek to nominate Super Street Fighter 2 unless it has been done recently.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I should clarify my Real Bout vote being for Real Bout 1, not RBS. But hell, I'll gladly play RBS if that ends up being one of the choices.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Honestly, I'm good with ANY of the Real Bout games. Some of my favorites on the Neo!

For other, I dunno if it has been done yet, but Cyberbots may be fun.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
So has there been any sort of thought on this, guys? We've had a lot of suggestions/nominations, but everyone has to still decide on something. July is fast approaching...