The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
I was listening to an official from the World Health Organisation talk on the radio. They were saying that from all the evidence they have (from the behaviour of other coronaviruses, and from studying COVID-19), they can say that it generally doesn't spread through the air (it isn't an airborne virus). It is only spread when someone coughs or sneezes, which produces droplets. So, it's not as contagious as I originally thought.

I would take anything the World Health Organization says with extreme skepticism as they are apparently in China's pocket:

https://twitter.com/HKWORLDCITY/status/1243865641448169474

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Why are Germany's death numbers so low?

pretty much all of the restaurants (pickups are still allowed), bars, brothels whatever the fuck are closed, less chances to get infected. some states such as bavaria are pretty much locked down. gatherings with more than 2 people are VERBOTEN, and the police will fine you if they catch you. borders even between the states are under surveillance. the danish border, the closest to me is also closed.

also we got a better health care system than most countries.

oh and social distancing, but germans do that anyway, corona or not.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Probably more accurate to extrapolate based on information from the EU and not consider any hearsay from China whatsoever.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
From the news I seen last night I've heard the thing can also transfer in the air. They took tests of the air in a hospital room and in the hallway and both came back positive!

That's like crazy! So going to the grocery store, that 6 feet crap ain't gona matter.

Yes. There was a guy who came back to Beijing, showed no signs at the airport. Went back to his home. Well, his symptoms flared up after a while. Then a few days later another guy living in the same stairwell got it too. It survives for hours in the air if someone sneezes, coughs, etc.

Meanwhile in America I feel there's a sentiment that if someone wears a facemask it seems they are freakish. I honestly can not explain to Chinese here why Americans are so adverse to wearing facemasks. Everyone seems to quote the WHO and at the same time it makes sense to wear a face mask because who knows who is sick.

eclypse

Banned
No idea how I came off political "I'm guessing" in my last post.. it's been deleted.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I can confirm what I quoted of that faggot that what he wrote is true.

Marek

Banned
How about this one?

I hope RAZO and Yoshi and LWKKK are proud of themselves

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Probably more accurate to extrapolate based on information from the EU and not consider any hearsay from China whatsoever.

Maybe by contrast but I would take what the official news outlets such as the BBC with a pinch of salt. Or ten.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
pretty much all of the restaurants (pickups are still allowed), bars, brothels whatever the fuck are closed, less chances to get infected. some states such as bavaria are pretty much locked down. gatherings with more than 2 people are VERBOTEN, and the police will fine you if they catch you. borders even between the states are under surveillance. the danish border, the closest to me is also closed.

also we got a better health care system than most countries.

oh and social distancing, but germans do that anyway, corona or not.

Ah got it. Makes sense plus what Wyo said about how old people hug and kiss in places such as spain and italy

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Yes. There was a guy who came back to Beijing, showed no signs at the airport. Went back to his home. Well, his symptoms flared up after a while. Then a few days later another guy living in the same stairwell got it too. It survives for hours in the air if someone sneezes, coughs, etc.

Meanwhile in America I feel there's a sentiment that if someone wears a facemask it seems they are freakish. I honestly can not explain to Chinese here why Americans are so adverse to wearing facemasks. Everyone seems to quote the WHO and at the same time it makes sense to wear a face mask because who knows who is sick.

This is by no means proof that it hangs in the air. It may pose certain questions but I bet there can be many other reasonable hypothesis as to how this individual came to be infected

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Ha, I like that.

One of the things that has made me laugh is the 30 minutes of exercise per day allowance the government has given us during isolation. Most of the country haven't done 30 minutes of exercise since they left school.
Ringfit Adventures is going for $300 on eBay and Amazon, apparently.

Depends on who you're around- at the grocery store many of the employees and a lot of the older shoppers are wearing them now.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Last trip to the store I saw a few older couples wearing masks?

What’s the consensus on the masks? I thought they were largely ineffective or their effect on reducing transmission was unknown?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Last trip to the store I saw a few older couples wearing masks?

What’s the consensus on the masks? I thought they were largely ineffective or their effect on reducing transmission was unknown?

The n95 is suppose to be the ones that work. Not those surgical ones you see people wearing all over the place.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Curious about masks too. I feel like the people calling the shots in the US don't like masks because they scare other people. People automatically assume you've got a highly communicable disease when they see you wearing one. The instinct in the US is to quickly vacate whatever space the mask-wearer is currently occupying.

When I lived in Japan, it just became something you got used to doing. I wore a mask when traveling back to the US once, and people at PDX were visibly shook at the sight. I recall people walking toward me moving to the other side of the corridor when they spotted somebody wearing a mask.

I'm not an expert by any means, but it makes sense to me that a mask would provide some protection against breathing in harmful particles. I feel like I read conflicting viewpoints on this topic on a daily basis recently. If anybody has definitive info, it would be really appreciated.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
India: population 1.3 billion

"Everyone stay in your homes"

300 million: "we don't have homes"

Worse than that.. what about the ones with homes if they have to take a poop and can't go outside to do it.

Also...

We've seen it gets dogs and now cats. You know what that means. Planet of the Apes!

If you remember from the movies. In the year 1983 a plague virus from space wiped out all the dogs and cats and people started domesticating and training apes and such... and shit just went down hill from there.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, I'll do the nitrile gloves at work but not the mask. I tried wearing the mask and it gave me a runny nose and all the saliva and sweat would just park itself on my beard after a few hours of wearing it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Worse than that.. what about the ones with homes if they have to take a poop and can't go outside to do it.

Also...

We've seen it gets dogs and now cats. You know what that means. Planet of the Apes!

If you remember from the movies. In the year 1983 a plague virus from space wiped out all the dogs and cats and people started domesticating and training apes and such... and shit just went down hill from there.

we could conceivably domesticate moneys, and probably have been trying to for decades now, but it would/should require the breeding of the least aggressive monkeys available, and would likely take many many decades just to get to a point where the monkey doesn't pose a risk to the human companion. I'm basing this opinion off the snow fox experiment where scientists bred the most docile snow foxes in each litter and over time the foxes became more and more domesticated, and their appearance, through this process became more and more bear-cub like. The animals literally began to look stupider as we bred them to be more domesticated.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
we could conceivably domesticate moneys, and probably have been trying to for decades now, but it would/should require the breeding of the least aggressive monkeys available, and would likely take many many decades just to get to a point where the monkey doesn't pose a risk to the human companion. I'm basing this opinion off the snow fox experiment where scientists bred the most docile snow foxes in each litter and over time the foxes became more and more domesticated, and their appearance, through this process became more and more bear-cub like. The animals literally began to look stupider as we bred them to be more domesticated.

Foxes that have been bred towards domestication have exhibited dog like traits such as the wagging of the tail to show excitement. The ancestor to the dog is the wolf and foxes and wolves are not such close relatives, maybe similar to chimps and humans

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Derailed the fuck out of this thread.

Also, there are a shit load of people who need this training, not just apes.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Foxes that have been bred towards domestication have exhibited dog like traits such as the wagging of the tail to show excitement. The ancestor to the dog is the wolf and foxes and wolves are not such close relatives, maybe similar to chimps and humans

Their tails curl, they get more complex (and darker) coats, they vocalize more. It's very strange to see the similarities of domestic dogs.

There's basically zero chance of domesticating apes. Chimps in particular will rip your balls off (literally) once they hit puberty. I think people take domestication too literally. Even if you're dealing with a placid dog or cat, that doesn't mean they won't revert to their instincts when they're faced with fight-or-flight scenarios. A chihuahua can go full-on wolf and fuck you up. Dog trainers will tell you to never lay down with your dog - in other words, you should never be on a lower point, since that is basically body language for submission to your dog. You need to always be above them in the pack hierarchy, both for general obedience purposes and to prevent werewolf-dog scenarios.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
As of today, we all have to wear the surgical masks at work. Kind of hot to wear all day, but, bearable. Because there's a shortage, we're supposed to reuse them though, so, we were given little plastic baggies to keep them in after we clock out. I feel bad because I ripped my first one, unpleating the folds, and had to take a second.

We still don't have any coronavirus cases at work, however, we had some nurse's aides training here, from another nearby facility, and they do have a case there, so, two of said aides are getting tested. Hopefully, they didn't spread it here.