The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
We're online-only for the fall at my Texas 2-year.

No one is going to come out and speak publicly yet.. but don't expect anything public and large until early 2021 at earliest. I'll leave it at that.

Have any of you wondered why indemnification legislation proposed by the GOP in congress covers Dec 2019-Dec 2024?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
No one is going to come out and speak publicly yet.. but don't expect anything public and large until early 2021 at earliest. I'll leave it at that.

Have any of you wondered why indemnification legislation proposed by the GOP in congress covers Dec 2019-Dec 2024?

Explain plz

Tacitus

Staff member

fake

15 Year Member

Tacitus

Staff member

Yeah.

Do the math.

For a month’s worth of minimum wage, they’re trading away all rights to litigate.

Do you think this would be wise politically for something that is magically going to disappear?

It’s all fake though.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Been hearing that 41 states have had increases in COVID numbers. FFS stop goin' to them Covid parties....

fake

15 Year Member
Nearly one-in-three children tested for the new coronavirus in Florida has been positive, and a South Florida health official is concerned the disease could cause lifelong damage even for children with mild illness.

Test was 51,000+ kids

“They are seeing there is damage to the lungs in these asymptomatic children. ... We don’t know how that is going to manifest a year from now or two years from now,” Alonso said. “Is that child going to have chronic pulmonary problems or not?”

Her comments stand in contrast to Gov. Ron DeSantis’ messaging that children are at low risk, and classrooms need to be reopened in the fall. DeSantis has said he would be comfortable sending his children to school if they were old enough to attend.

DeSantis told talk radio host Rush Limbaugh last week that the risk to children is “very low.”

“I’ve got a 3-year-old daughter, 2-year-old son, and a newborn daughter,” DeSantis said in the radio interview. “And I can tell you if they were school age, I would have zero concern sending them.”

https://webcache.googleusercontent....okvmsxm-story.html+&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Director of nursing called me to his office on the intercom this morning. The cover on my vial from Tuesday's Covid test came off, en route to the laboratory, so, you guessed it, giant Q-tip up both of my nostrils again for the second time this week. I wasn't the only one either, five samples came open--how damn hard is it to make sure the lids are on? They better not bill my insurance for two tests either since the nursing staff at work are the ones that fooked it up!

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Director of nursing called me to his office on the intercom this morning. The cover on my vial from Tuesday's Covid test came off, en route to the laboratory, so, you guessed it, giant Q-tip up both of my nostrils again for the second time this week. I wasn't the only one either, five samples came open--how damn hard is it to make sure the lids are on? They better not bill my insurance for two tests either since the nursing staff at work are the ones that fooked it up!

God man, that sucks. Those things are supposed to screwed on so not sure why it came off like that....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
God man, that sucks. Those things are supposed to screwed on so not sure why it came off like that....

I don’t think it slipped off. Most likely issue was that they didn’t label the kits after taking samples, or some other error.

Having that sample taken was a highly overrated experience that I don’t wish on anyone.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
No, the vials came open in transit, it wasn't the labels that came off. Maybe the plastic containers had molding flaws in them or something, I dunno. Could be worse though, two of my other co-workers' test results came back indeterminate and they were both laid off until it can be verified whether they have Covid or not.

The nurses don't even take the samples anymore, too much work for them to gown and mask up, so, we've got to shove the Q-tip up our nostrils ourselves while they just stand and watch and count to ten for each nostril. I should've became a nurse!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Fuck my life someone at work just tested positive.

Oh no sorry to hear that. You work with kids right, was it one of the kids or one if the staff? Best of luck, really hope it’s just isolated to that 1 person.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
really hope it’s just isolated to that 1 person.

The test was one of the rapid tests, so they’re getting the swab test now and county public health and the doctors office is working to ensure we get the results as fast as possible. We don’t want our facility to end up like all those nursing homes. The good thing for us is the kids live in a number of separate homes, so we can do a decent job of isolating (or stopping the spread.)

We’re hoping for a false positive.

So far no symptoms from kids or staff.

Tacitus

Staff member
FYI:

Late October / Cold Months lockdown plans and restrictions are being put in place as we speak. No one is going to snap into lockdown again because of the issues involved and the disaster the last one was.

The US federal government is doing the same despite the public posture at the moment.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Moderna's mRNA vaccine seems like it's first out the gate. Induced full immune response in phase trial.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2022483?query=featured_home

Then there is this...which hasn’t gained as much traction-https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/health/amp/With-coronavirus-antibodies-fading-fast-focus-15414533.php

tl:dr=

permanent immunity to the coronavirus may not be possible because puny humans do not retain the antibodies that build up during COVID infections.

A booster shot every two weeks, is not tenable.

Currently, and for the foreseeable...we’re fucked.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ah well. Maybe this is it for humanity. We had a decent run of it.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
The test was one of the rapid tests, so they’re getting the swab test now and county public health and the doctors office is working to ensure we get the results as fast as possible. We don’t want our facility to end up like all those nursing homes. The good thing for us is the kids live in a number of separate homes, so we can do a decent job of isolating (or stopping the spread.)

We’re hoping for a false positive.

So far no symptoms from kids or staff.

Be safe man. Hope it's a false positive.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I mean, if we had to get a bad end, there are worse ones in the book.

Seriously. I’ll take this over The Road or anything like that.

Realistically I was thinking that unless the virus mutates plenty of people have survived it anyway. The species will survive even if we had a massive die off in the billions.

Then it will be like a Canticle for Leibowitz and we can destroy all ourselves all over again in a couple hundred years.

Natural selection is a bitch.