The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What stood out to me was calling her a 'tyrant'. Same language right-wingers call Virginia governor Northam.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
In militia circles, "tyrant," like "terrorist," is really just a word that's used to legitimize someone as a target for assassination.

Jefferson wrote that "The tree of liberty must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

They simply adopt the term to insinuate the endorsement of the founders.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What are things like with schools where you guys live?
Here, all schools are open. Everyone wears masks, but I don't know how much they're spaced out (if at all). Kids still have sports, too. My in-laws' kids are doing soccer at the moment. All businesses, offices, factories, etc. are open as well.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
"whatever a foolish tyrant, a debauched court, a trafficking legislature or a blinded people may think, the national account with Heaven must some day or other be settled: All countries have sooner or later been called to their reckoning; the proudest empires have sunk when the balance was struck;"

Tyranny quotes are great.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Another one of my co-workers tested positive for Covid again, but, then negative on the follow up test. We've got one of those rapid 15 minute testing machines, and management thinks there may be something wrong with it and it's giving false positives sometimes and they asked the manufacturer to take a look at it. After that most recent problem and lockdown, they're finally relaxing some of the restrictions again, even letting in some family to feed their loved ones that have been losing weight. I was able to lead a resident group exercise session in the dining hall for the first time in months this morning (they still had to be six feet apart and wear masks though).

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Here, all schools are open. Everyone wears masks, but I don't know how much they're spaced out (if at all). Kids still have sports, too. My in-laws' kids are doing soccer at the moment. All businesses, offices, factories, etc. are open as well.

In LA? Really? Things must be turning around down there. Here, Sonoma County is the only County around that still in Purple. Schools are closed still and we are told January is the next covid19 check in to see where we go. We still have over the 7 new cases per 100,000 per day. They opened our local ice arena up as a training facility only. They want my son to come in for goalie clinics, but parents aren't allowed and that worries me. I just want to see one clinic to see if they're really following protocol. I know hockey parents are rich privileged folks that feel invincible and like nothing in the world is more important that their child's development in the sport. I also know his coach last year could have walked the team in front of a bus without noticing. I know it's keeping our kids away from others and out of sports is fucking with them. I can see them changing. I don't care about player development, i just want him to have something that he loves. I have to reply today. I want this for my son so bad, but we've been so good since March and skipped baseball already. I don't want to get or get my wife sick.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
No, he's still in Japan. He never went back due to covid. That's canon.

Ah, ok. I don't get around much with work taking over 90% of my life now. I just looked at the location.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ah, ok. I don't get around much with work taking over 90% of my life now. I just looked at the location.

Yeah, LA is a shitshow. I would have been back more than a year ago except the emigration process has dragged out beyond belief, which turned out to be a lucky thing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, LA is a shitshow. I would have been back more than a year ago except the emigration process has dragged out beyond belief, which turned out to be a lucky thing.

so what's the best fast food in Japan now? McDonalds? Mos Berger? First Kitchen? Lotteria? Freshness? Jef?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
so what's the best fast food in Japan now? McDonalds? Mos Berger? First Kitchen? Lotteria? Freshness? Jef?

Mos Burger. But we only get it maybe a couple times a year. I've never even heard of Freshness or Jef. Our city might be too small.

@M

20 Year Member
My employer just announced that there were 77(!) new Covid cases in my county alone today, so, no more visitation at all (we were allowing it behind a plexiglass barrier), and, starting next week, we all have mandatory testing twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays, instead of just Tuesdays. There have been outbreaks in other nursing homes in Upper Michigan recently, so, they're trying to be more vigilant. Blech.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mos Burger. But we only get it maybe a couple times a year. I've never even heard of Freshness or Jef. Our city might be too small.

When I was there I loved the fries at First Kitchen. But this was long ago enough to buy alcohol.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Look at this dumbass_ tense? Context? Meaning?

Anybody remember when they had they flu and could still go outside without people thinking they should be executed or actually be executed?? For possibly spreading a somewhat harmful illness? I don't I think everything is fine the way it is now even though wearing a mask properly doesn't actually save any ones life it really is a good enough reason to execute people especially if the reason is they were to poor to afford a mask or to 'feral' to have not heard the new regulation or to take it seriously..non conformist must be eliminated for the further weakening of humanity.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Anybody remember when they had they flu and could still go outside without people thinking they should be executed or actually be executed?? For possibly spreading a somewhat harmful illness? I don't I think everything is fine the way it is now even though wearing a mask properly doesn't actually save any ones life it really is a good enough reason to execute people especially if the reason is they were to poor to afford a mask or to 'feral' to have not heard the new regulation or to take it seriously..non conformist must be eliminated for the further weakening of humanity.

Leave that shit on facebook or whatever retarded social media platform you found it on. You're a post away from getting eclypsed.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

DURRRR HURRRR DURRRRR

@M

20 Year Member
Middle and high schools in my town are going virtual only for the next two weeks, but, I'm guessing that will probably get extended longer as Covid cases are increasing state-wide.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
In the news today, local school that is only doing remote learning is expelling students who are doing remote learning but while physically outside of the school district or state.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In the news today, local school that is only doing remote learning is expelling students who are doing remote learning but while physically outside of the school district or state.

A tough lesson in the value of VPN accounts. There are a lot of employers around here that require employees to be physically in the area as well. Stupid? Yes. But something you can work around if you're tech savvy? fo'sho.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I think the complaint from the parents is that they were not told of this requirement. Usually an employer is going to have their work requirements sent to the employees, in the handbook or whatever.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
During the zoom classes, i know several students that are in different cities. I wonder why would this be a requirement, as long as they are in class and participating.