The Final Chapter of the Fake Aerofighters 3 : I Need your help ( NGDEV TEAM, 161-in1,ETC)

aria

Former Moderator
all he did was give a simple response to my question, a very metered and reserved response i might add

this is in contrast to our beloved bobak, who strives for douche of the year award in nearly every thread he posts in, but i digress

anyway, you took that response and went apeshit with a rambling 3-pager

now i feel guilty, fucking internet :(

I can't quit you, galfordo. :(

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I can't quit you, galfordo. :(

it doesn't mean that you're gay bro, it just means ... that you're human ;)

and for what it's worth, you bother me a lot less than you used to

which i guess just goes to show you that we're all growing up, even me, despite the godlike infanto ray that is THE INTERNETS

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would defer any criminal law questions to Geddon since he seems to have worked at a prosecutor's office after law school.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I would defer any criminal law questions to Geddon since he seems to have worked at a prosecutor's office after law school.

Does this mean we'll get another multi-paragraph rambling post that everyone quits reading after several sentences?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
all I know is that this would make a great Judge Judy episode

Last week, as part of a business trip, I was eating dinner in a Morton's Steakhouse in Hartford, CT. Saw Judge Judy in there. She was using one of the private dining rooms to have dinner with a fat group of people, but came out to pay the bill and thank the kitchen staff.

So, had you mentioned this sooner, I could have asked her about it.

Chris

Last week, as part of a business trip, I was eating dinner in a Morton's Steakhouse in Hartford, CT. Saw Judge Judy in there. She was using one of the private dining rooms to have dinner with a fat group of people, but came out to pay the bill and thank the kitchen staff.

So, had you mentioned this sooner, I could have asked her about it.

Chris

She's gonna get thrown off the case if the fat people sue the steak house now. Nice job..

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Does this mean we'll get another multi-paragraph rambling post that everyone quits reading after several sentences?

Lol, jeez, cut me some slack will ya! Some things can't be explained in just a few sentences... :)

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Catching up with the thread:

OMG, Phillip... you're not a lawyer, please stop. It's awkward. Going over all the things you said that were incorrect would take too long, there are big differences between civil and criminal courts--that's not to say you're not capable of learning that it's just that I don't have the time to type it all out here and get any work done today ;)

Never claimed to be a lawyer. Never pretended to be one. The fact that right after your post chamane posted what I had been saying all along. He was already out a lot of money and was not willing to spend/risk more money on top of that. Taking the merchandise payment plan seemed less risky. If it was as easy as others here were making it seem, don't you think he would have done it? Now if you're gonna tell me that, here in the US court of law, there are never cases that would seem to be an "OBVIOUS" guilty/not guilty verdict and people ended up being completely floored by the outcome doesn't happen....I'd have to call you a flat out liar.

Phillip

aria

Former Moderator
Never claimed to be a lawyer. Never pretended to be one. The fact that right after your post chamane posted what I had been saying all along. He was already out a lot of money and was not willing to spend/risk more money on top of that. Taking the merchandise payment plan seemed less risky. If it was as easy as others here were making it seem, don't you think he would have done it? Now if you're gonna tell me that, here in the US court of law, there are never cases that would seem to be an "OBVIOUS" guilty/not guilty verdict and people ended up being completely floored by the outcome doesn't happen....I'd have to call you a flat out liar.

Phillip

Again, you keep using criminal law terminology for a civil matter. There is no guilty/not guilty here.

What I will say is chamane comes off as a bit more timid* than I would be and I think he's adding more risk than had he actually pursued the scammers in a court of law. Establish common law fraud, dare the defendant to come prove otherwise. Then again he did walk into this deal with everything we had seen, so I don't know how business savvy he actually is outside of whatever lumber area he works in.

*cue cliched trolling about French surrendering.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Couldnt agree more with you ATRO. The market is more rotten than its ever been especially here in the UK. There are some decent guys like 1 am talking to right now, but otherwise the hoarders, and one springs to mind have ruined this market for the average person who wants to own carts. I mean in the UK there is one guy who has like 30-40 copies of common aes carts like Fatal Fury 1, Special etc, and ten copies of things like Windjammers etc. They want to cavort with their carts selfishlessly but never let others share the pastime.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Couldnt agree more with you ATRO. The market is more rotten than its ever been especially here in the UK. There are some decent guys like 1 am talking to right now, but otherwise the hoarders, and one springs to mind have ruined this market for the average person who wants to own carts. I mean in the UK there is one guy who has like 30-40 copies of common aes carts like Fatal Fury 1, Special etc, and ten copies of things like Windjammers etc. They want to cavort with their carts selfishlessly but never let others share the pastime.
are you just going to tl;dr every thread you post in?

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Again, you keep using criminal law terminology for a civil matter. There is no guilty/not guilty here.

What I will say is chamane comes off as a bit more timid* than I would be and I think he's adding more risk than had he actually pursued the scammers in a court of law. Establish common law fraud, dare the defendant to come prove otherwise. Then again he did walk into this deal with everything we had seen, so I don't know how business savvy he actually is outside of whatever lumber area he works in.

*cue cliched trolling about French surrendering.

Had chamane lived in the US, pursuing this in civil court might have been a more viable alternative.

But, having the opportunity to get a refund without actually needing to jump through countless hoops is the smarter option here.

Outside of Geddon and Pitt, were there any buyers of AF3 in the US, or were the remaining 3 international members?

I have a gut feeling this entire scam was aimed at the international Neo members primarily. While still a roll of the dice, the odds are less that any one of them would pursue a civil court case due to the logistics of the entire matter. Why target US buyers when it opens up potential FBI involvement; internet fraud.

For those who doubt that, check the list of things the FBI investigates as seen here on their website...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate

Just a little advice for those still anonymous purchasers, if you do think this was an effort to knowingly defraud you out of $20,000 to $30,000, I would recommend getting in touch with the FBI on this whole issue.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
I hope the decent guy is me...

Not sure who you are referring to by a UK hoarder, but a few UK big names have recently sold off a lot, so perhaps this no longer holds?

aria

Former Moderator
Had chamane lived in the US, pursuing this in civil court might have been a more viable alternative.

But, having the opportunity to get a refund without actually needing to jump through countless hoops is the smarter option here.

Why? It doesn't cost anything significantly more to pursue something in Canada from outside. Hire a law firm, give them the materials they need, they file, and if necessary there's a deposition taken.

Now he's doing the guy who took him for a ride a favor. It's more risk. Less likelihood of being made whole. Garnishing wages is one of the most satisfying thing you can do to someone who's wronged you.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Why? It doesn't cost anything significantly more to pursue something in Canada from outside. Hire a law firm, give them the materials they need, they file, and if necessary there's a deposition taken.

Now he's doing the guy who took him for a ride a favor. It's more risk. Less likelihood of being made whole. Garnishing wages is one of the most satisfying thing you can do to someone who's wronged you.

It's a headache for some people.

While we do live in a rather litigious society, there are plenty of things that could/should be pursued that never do because people simply do not want the aggravation of the entire thing.

I do think chamane should have just pursued this through legal channels, but it's also easy for us to say when we are not the ones who have to do anything. :)

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I have been here since the beginning, a beacon of truth in this cesspool of lies.

The next time I catch hell in a staff meeting at work I am so going to use that line. Reading that made my day, best line in a long time.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The next time I catch hell in a staff meeting at work I am so going to use that line. Reading that made my day, best line in a long time.

agreed, describing yourself as a beacon is just fucking fantastic