The real SFV thread -- No posers allowed

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't get why if a player drops the other doesn't get awarded the win. I mean, what's the reasoning?

FinalAttack

New Challenger
Anyone up for a few games? My id is MidKnightDarknss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I don't get why if a player drops the other doesn't get awarded the win. I mean, what's the reasoning?

Perhaps they know the netcode is still poor and want to avoid ppl DoS'ing their way up the ladder, but that's just a guess

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Had some matches with Craig, SNKNostalgia and Gutzdozer. GGS to all!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Survival mode is a bitch, cant seem to pass Bison stage 33 w/ Gief.

Also been stuck on Ultra Silver in rank, i just need that gold so i can stop playing rank.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Survival mode is a bitch, cant seem to pass Bison stage 33 w/ Gief.

Also been stuck on Ultra Silver in rank, i just need that gold so i can stop playing rank.

Yeah, Hard Survival gets pretty brutal in the mid-30s. Reminds me of the old ST AI where if you got Gief after about the 4th stage he would just c. RH any footsie you threw out. I've tried it with about 6 different characters and always seem to get stuffed around 35-38. Doesn't help when the "randomized" bonuses spit hot garbage at you 3 rounds in a row.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
When are you nancies gonna join us online?

Soon enough. Work's been brutal of late and my wife's birthday is this weekend so I'm not gonna have much time but I'll find a night. Actually played 4+ hours of casuals at the "local" arcade last weekend. Like I said, more interested in getting on FightCade and playing old school shit.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well we've been hitting fightcade pretty regularly as of late, haven't seen you there yet...we should still play this though, so much talk...not enough play, lol.

I'm down for some games later on tonight if anyone is interested. Both SFV and Fightcade or some XBL for a change of pace, LMK, I'm easy.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I'm down for whatever tonight EG shoot me a text when it kicks off.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
damn I hoped zangief gimmicks or something would eventually be the key to beating it on hard or hell mode when I want them trophies. Sounds like the AI knows how to not get grabbed :(

gonna hop on and play a bit I think

mistercomplexz

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
without sounding like an ass... I really don't have a character I like.

Vega is ruined for me. I want to like Laura, but she is kinda meh.

Hopefully Guile and boxer are chargers, or else I don't know what to do...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

I need a charger in the worst way. I'm not shoto fan and Geif is meh.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Tried alex much? I've been enjoying him. Has great charge moves.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
i'm having a bit of a character crisis as well, maybe i'll like one of the new ones

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

I need a charger in the worst way. I'm not shoto fan and Geif is meh.
I feel you both. I try so hard to get into Charlie but all I keep wishing is that he'd be a charger...in false hope I was dreaming of the regular Charlie (like in story mode) to be unlocked and have the Alpha 2...maybe 3 moveset, it's just a dream...dream.

I'm in the same place, can't find a decent character to grow with which is why I play a conservative Ryu, just old shenanigans and trixies but that can only take me so far when the competition gets rough. I like Bison but he's a weird fuck, I loved him in SF4, he was awesome and cheap....psycho punisher is my favorite Ultra in the game. Thank god for DJ in 4, I wouldn't play it as much if he wasn't in there.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I feel you both. I try so hard to get into Charlie but all I keep wishing is that he'd be a charger...in false hope I was dreaming of the regular Charlie (like in story mode) to be unlocked and have the Alpha 2...maybe 3 moveset, it's just a dream...dream.

I'm in the same place, can't find a decent character to grow with which is why I play a conservative Ryu, just old shenanigans and trixies but that can only take me so far when the competition gets rough. I like Bison but he's a weird fuck, I loved him in SF4, he was awesome and cheap....psycho punisher is my favorite Ultra in the game. Thank god for DJ in 4, I wouldn't play it as much if he wasn't in there.

So you gonna get ultra 4 on the 4?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I would if there's a disc for it...does it play much better than the PS3/360?