The real SFV thread -- No posers allowed

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol and you think arcade mode AI is gonna require more strategy?! lol, you're in fucking denial...

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Since arcade mode would have the same AI as training mode offers and doesn't seem to fall for F + HP, DP every time like survival does for at least 29 matches... Yeah. Afraid so.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
29 matches is nothing, go for the longer/harder survival modes...I mean geez, you already got the game, mind as well try instead of fumbling around like all the crybabies...

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Dude seriously what the fuck are you getting at? I already said training mode works fine. I just worked an hour on the Ken matchup alone just a second ago. Survival sucks for working on stuff period. You're not making sense saying I need to play 29 matches so I can get any competition? WTF?!?!? Chill. Now's not the time to go fanboy.

Nobody is preaching this game sucks. I wouldn't be playing if it did. As for online trying to get a grasp of what's going on. Nothing more nothing less. I am not say the online sucks so everybody hate on Capcom. Chill.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think you're the fanboy...most of them fanboys are crying for an arcade mode...lol...chill? why? I'm not even worked up, just talking, that's what we do here...where am I getting at?...hhmmmnn...prolly your blah blah blah vs your ability in the game...I'm curious as to if you're any good or not...is that so bad?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Dude seriously. Let's say I get online and kick your ass in... Does that prove anything? Or say the other way. You beat my ass. That proves what again? You're jumping on people who speak negatively about Capcom. That sounds like a fanboy to me. You want to call me a Whiner, Crybaby, Negative Nancy, Downer, Noob, or Scrub I really don't care and at least that makes sense, but fanboy? Sounds like a I know you are, but what am I chant.

P.S. I don't think anywhere have I said I am great at this game. Actually I said I am prepared to be whooped.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Two grown adults arguing about who's the biggest fan of Street Fighter. This thread delivers.

Carry on.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
@ mrfanboy...lol, but I like that chant...and what does it prove?...well for starters it could prove that you talk too much bullshit for your own good. Does it bother you so much that I'm aiming at you? Why? Don't you like it? I'm always thrilled to get some online matches going, or local, whatever comes...

Edit: I'm just a big fan of demoting the self proclaimed buffs...so many in here...it's a gold mine!

Edit2: Not the biggest fan...the lesser fan it seems...

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
You can do the 720 input then step forward press punch and ur super will still come out. Can buffer it from moves too

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Hell YeH it is. It's a game changer for gief

No its not, this doesn't help him in any of his bad matchups. Gief is still bottom.

The update this coming March may help him though, they are going decrease the frame of jumping back to 3F to 4F for everyone except for Birdie & Gief. He still need to get a useful lariat as of right its only use an ender for his combo & also helps his matchup against Cammy but that's it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
True, I got excited about the find, it def helps alot if you use gief. But yeah , nothing extra for bad match ups.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
No its not, this doesn't help him in any of his bad matchups. Gief is still bottom.

The update this coming March may help him though, they are going decrease the frame of jumping back to 3F to 4F for everyone except for Birdie & Gief. He still need to get a useful lariat as of right its only use an ender for his combo & also helps his matchup against Cammy but that's it.

Gief sucks at getting in a lot. I'd like him better if he lost some of his omega tools and just got his fucking greenhand back or something.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I am running into this issues where people are running away a lot because walking sucks and dashing is really great. I played some R Mika that tried doing that shit and I baited him. Watch out for this issue when someone gets a life lead. It's a lot better then you might think.4

Nash has a really fucked up situation he can run on Karin. He can do far booms when he has ex's. You can't jump at him, because his ex nashocide cutter fucks up your jumps. So like, if he has that option and v trigger, you'll be forced to jumping neutrals to anticipate v trigger mix ups, you cannot jump on him from certain distances. His cMK is really fucking good to.

Last edited:

Qcf+lp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
SFV was fun for about a week, maybe when Alex comes out I'll give it a try again.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
My id is TRON2-0,still i'm lacking in skill for this one.Heck i was trying out nash earlier and i got v-trigger confused for v-skill :emb::loco:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Gief sucks at getting in a lot. I'd like him better if he lost some of his omega tools and just got his fucking greenhand back or something.
I would fkn kill to get Giefs green hand back. It would def help cover space during matches. His V skill could use just alittle adjusment to give alittle more frame advantage, that would be nice. I dont know why they never gave the dude a air 360,but its just so rewarding to do a instant air 360 on someone, especially a EX. lol
Also, i didnt try on ken, but my buddy came by last night with his ps4, when jumping in the air if ryu tries to Shoryuken gief you can input the air 360 and it will suck ryu in and grab him. This only works if your jumping and they anticipate giefs jump and do Shoryu while gief is at the height of his jump. Not as reliable if gief is lower in the air. Also as may times as i tried didnt work on the ex shoryu or the vtrigger shoryu. Comes in handy especailly when the match is really close and hes trying to zone gief out.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
SFV was fun for about a week, maybe when Alex comes out I'll give it a try again.

The problem I see is there is a shit ton to learn, and that is highly unusual for a Street Fighter game. It almost feels Virtua Fighter-esque in just when you think you have a grasp on it, you realize there is a lot more to learn. I've been on Ryu since the beta testing and still haven't felt comfortable enough to start learning someone else. That is crazy for boring Ryu. It's also why people will drop this. I don't think a lot of SF fans want to dive into this deep rabbit hole.