The Weight of the Nation

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
If that is morbidly obese what is that bitch in walmart on the scooter thing called?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It definitely is, which is why you could be a freak athlete if you got after it.

Same with my brother. He is down to 220 from 260 and feeling better about it, but if he started climbing or playing rugby again and got down to 190-210 he'd be a fucking monster.

HN could become the Jewbear.

Marek

Banned
This time last year I was 265...at a cunt hair under 6' tall...that put me with a BMI of 36.4. I can easily say I was obese. Now, at 185 I am down to a waist size of 32 (was a 38), my blood pressure is normal (was high at 140's over 90's) and my cholesterol is fine...

I work out nearly daily and other than a bit of stubborn belly fat, I am rather slim now. I've done quite a bit of weight training and have gained some muscle as well...according to online calculators, my BMI is 25.4... Which still puts me into the bottom of the "overweight" category....LOL!!!

Dude congratulations. I seem to recall your weight loss threads around the time you really fundamentally changed your diet? Good stuff smokehouse.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Did I change my diet? Yes and no...

I did stop eating out almost entirely, cut sugar intake down to next to nothing and upped my protein intake (Syntha 6...yum, yum). I started doing simple, in home exercise this time last year and worked my way down to 225 doing those two things. As of Janurary I started pounding the elliptical 2-3 times a week on top of my lifting...

Here's a shot of damn near a year to the date:

Oneyearchange.jpg

Pic on the right was taken May 16 of last year...photo on the left was taken Sunday.

The "BMI...LOL" comment was made because of this pic...do I look overweight in the slightest? BMI takes nothing into consideration...at this point, I'd like to "trim up" a bit but as you can see, I really don't need to lose another 10 lbs to be considered normal weight by the BMI scale.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nice work man, looking good!

What shoes you wearing in that pic?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Woah, Smoke looks almost like 2 different people in those pics. GG man.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Well done, smoke! You look like you could do boot camp again starting tomorrow, if you had to.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Adidas dragons...love them fellas.

I can say that all-in-all...losing weight hasn't been hard, it's been unpleasant. I don't like working out, I absolutely DESPISE running on the godforsaken elliptical and having a "diet" (note I'm not on a diet...I just have a controlled diet) sucks. My normal M-F looks like this currently:

Morning:
Cellucor Super HD pill
30 min later a Kashi bar and serving of Syntha 6 mixed in rice milk

Lunch
A: water, can of chicken noodle soup with a few crackers, small tub of unsweetened applesauce (not low sugar, just no added sweeteners)

B: salad with small amount of low fat dressing, imitation crab meat, applesauce, water

C: canned chicken breast, salad like above, water, applesauce

Dinner:
Varies but I try not to eat a ton or a bunch of shit. Sometimes I'll just have some syntha 6 but that's a rarity being less than 2 times a week. Lately I've been eating some serious shit on the weekends and I need to cut it out.

As for exersise, I do lift weights at home 2-3 times a week and run 1.5-2 miles on the elliptical 2-3 times a week as well.

I've personally cut 90% of TV time out as well as video games. I try to be more active than just being a couch potato as well.

I can tell you that the first 25 or so lbs really didn't make a difference in how I felt...but the last 20 or so really has. My feet don't hurt all of the time anymore, I can do so much more before feeling exhausted...he'll, even sex is better...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You been spending more time shooting? I imagine you could make a pretty physical course. Be a good way to get some exercise/shoot guns.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
If that is morbidly obese what is that bitch in walmart on the scooter thing called?

she falls into a category known as "circus fat"

not the kind of person you wanna compare yourself to

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You been spending more time shooting? I imagine you could make a pretty physical course. Be a good way to get some exercise/shoot guns.

I wish...seems like every weekend has been full of crap to do. The gut buster is still slated for Mem day week though...almost done making targets.

For the past few months I've been "cheating" a bit taking the following things:

-Syntha 6, fairly lean protien shake...take in the morning with rice milk because protien is supposed to jump start the metabolism

-BSN NO XPLOD, supposedly. Pre workout to get you into the zone...whatever, stuff made me feel like shit.

-BSN Amino X, Amino acid complex for Pre/post workout...no real stimulants but amino's really help with muscle recovery and I can say it really works...

-Cellucor Super HD, a thermogenic stimulant "fat burner" pill. Been taking this for a month now...works ok I guess, I know I do sweat like a whore in church when i run now that I take it...

I can say 100% that my recovery after workouts is far faster taking these things...as is my muscle definition and "hardness"...I'm no bodybuilder as you can see but I'm slowly seeing results...

Going to try an overnight creatine complex next...

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
My dick blows the BMI charts out of the water.

aria

Former Moderator
Great job, smokehouse --I just read page two.

Side note:
Has anyone seen the film "Forks over Knives"? I've heard it's interesting but haven't seen it or know anyone who has.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Great job, smokehouse --I just read page two.

Side note:
Has anyone seen the film "Forks over Knives"? I've heard it's interesting but haven't seen it or know anyone who has.

I have. It's great. Really eye opening stuff.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
It definitely is, which is why you could be a freak athlete if you got after it.

Same with my brother. He is down to 220 from 260 and feeling better about it, but if he started climbing or playing rugby again and got down to 190-210 he'd be a fucking monster.

I had coaches chase me around the whole time I was at school, but I'm not what you'd call a team player. I'm still not, so I don't regret not taking up sports, but I have to admit I wonder how I would have been at it. Paths not taken and all that...

HN could become the Jewbear.

:D

Did I change my diet? Yes and no...

I did stop eating out almost entirely, cut sugar intake down to next to nothing and upped my protein intake (Syntha 6...yum, yum). I started doing simple, in home exercise this time last year and worked my way down to 225 doing those two things. As of Janurary I started pounding the elliptical 2-3 times a week on top of my lifting...

Here's a shot of damn near a year to the date:

Pic on the right was taken May 16 of last year...photo on the left was taken Sunday.

The "BMI...LOL" comment was made because of this pic...do I look overweight in the slightest? BMI takes nothing into consideration...at this point, I'd like to "trim up" a bit but as you can see, I really don't need to lose another 10 lbs to be considered normal weight by the BMI scale.

Holy shit, smoke, that's fucking fantastic. I remember those weight loss threads you started as well, but to be honest I'd forgotten about it.

If you don't mind me co-opting your post to put a period on my own argument, I think you've provided all the proof I need. No one in their right mind would call you overweight, but that's what you are according to the BMI. Ludicrous.

Marek

Banned
I had coaches chase me around the whole time I was at school, but I'm not what you'd call a team player. I'm still not, so I don't regret not taking up sports, but I have to admit I wonder how I would have been at it. Paths not taken and all that...

Hey if you climbed 2-3 times a week you'd turn into a freak in less than three months.

No time like the present, and all that.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Hey if you climbed 2-3 times a week you'd turn into a freak in less than three months.

No time like the present, and all that.

I live way out in the 'burbs... I do believe I'd have to travel far and wide to find a climbing wall. I'll look into it though.

One thing I've been thinking about taking up is swimming, though. I think it might be perfect, and there's a fitness center nearby with a proper pool for swimming lengths. Miserable misanthrope that I am I thought I might try it out in the evening -- hopefully there'll be fewer people around.

Starvation is a really unhealthy way to lose weight. Plus once you start eating again you gain it right back.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Whats wrong with jogging? it can be done almost anywhere and its free?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

It wrecks your knees (especially for bigger folks). Swim or elliptical the bulk off, then see if running works for you.

Many times, it does. I have a few friends that even after getting more svelte, just can't take the impact(s) of running though.

@ HN: swimming FTMFW. Joining my local Y is one of the best things I've done for my health. Swimming, free weights, & cardio machines are a great combo.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Like wataru said, it does beat the holy hell out of you. Like I said above, I do 1.5-2 *hard* miles on my elliptical, when I'm done I'm drenched in sweat and my legs are on fire. It's an incredible workout for me. I tried running for real a few weeks back...it was a lousy workout and my knees/feet were sore for days. I know many will say I just have to get used to it but why? Why do it when I can get a low impact, high exercise set elsewhere?