ToysRUs 50% off game sale

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Electroman said:
I was at my local TRU yesterday. I saw NO deals as you described :(
It is not an oficial sale until this sunday. It is in their system. When the employee hits the total button the sale comes up. If it does not then your TRU has not updated their systems since last weekend. The sale was not advertised at my TRU either.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
They had almost every game on the list at my local TRU, but the only game I don't have and actually want is Disgea(SP?), and they were all sold out. I'm in the middle of a PC upgrade right now, so maybe it is a good thing.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member

thundr51

Bead Banger
vincewy said:
Actually you can get one from eBay now, many sought after titles are now flooded on eBay, will people ever learn, just check it out

http://search.ebay.com/disgaea_Game...romZR8QQgcsZ1135QQpfidZ1413QQsacategoryZ62053

So that's where all the Disgaeas went... no surprise there
Well, I already have the game so it's no big deal for me, although I have a feeling this game will be worth a bit when it gets older, makes me wish I had an extra copy...

Well, made my final trip yesterday...here's my stash..
PS2
- Rygar
-Unlimited Saga
-Dynasty Warriors 4

Xbox
-Prince of persia
-Beyond Good and evil
- MGS2
-XIII
-Genma Onimusha
-Tao Feng

GCN
-SSX3
-NFS2:HP
-Eternal Darkness

Dreamcast
-Typing of the dead

I really wanted to find a silent hill 3 and ZOE2 but no luck... I kinda wish I lived up north, then I could get snowed in and have time to play all this stuff :smirk:

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Looks like some people acted quickly to take the BIN offers, anyway, I was refering to a few copies earlier for $35 with BIN, I was wondering what's the point of selling at $35 on eBay, $25 + sales tax, not mentioning your time and eBay fees (eBay must be making a killng out of this), you hardly earn anything.

I actually got a few Gamecube games right after Circuit City $5 sales on eBay, one game I won for $7.50, another for $10, even if the seller tries to recover cost out of shipping, I don't think he makes anything if you consider economic cost (time of looking around and listing on eBay).

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
vincewy said:
Actually you can get one from eBay now, many sought after titles are now flooded on eBay, will people ever learn, just check it out

http://search.ebay.com/disgaea_Game...romZR8QQgcsZ1135QQpfidZ1413QQsacategoryZ62053

god all these fucking nerds read shit on the net then brave out into the sunlight to score a really koll deal then get home all sweaty and shity to put it up on ebay. after fees and everything you make less than $10. not to mention the gas you wasted, the time it takes you to mail it out, jesus. i wish people would just let those that wanted to actually play the fuckiing game go out and buy it. games are too fucking expensive and i hope the video game market goes belly up those selfish bastards. here we are in probably the peak of home console popularity, using the cheapest medim imagineable and we still paying $50 a pop.

btw i dont want any of those games. i would however be very interested in a $50 gamecube i might actually buy my first console if i could get one of those. would i prolly have to ask them to ring it up to see the true cost if i went today?

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
FeelGood said:
god all these fucking nerds read shit on the net then brave out into the sunlight to score a really koll deal then get home all sweaty and shity to put it up on ebay. after fees and everything you make less than $10. not to mention the gas you wasted, the time it takes you to mail it out, jesus. i wish people would just let those that wanted to actually play the fuckiing game go out and buy it.

Well just returned from Minneapolis/St Paul area, checked 5 TRUs, there're still copies of Beach Spikers, Soccer Slams, Ikaruga, Guilty Gear X2, ZOE2, CIMA, Advance Wars 2, and more, plenty for many to get if you drive around and look for them. I could've easily gotten 4+ copies of Ikaruga and GGX2, but personally I don't like this amount of money tied up for no reason, I did pick up the last 2 PS2 system packs for $115 each for my buddy's game store since I was on my way there, yeah, he wanted those badly.

I did find other games:

N64 - Pokeman Puzzle League $15
DC - KOF Evolution $7.50
PS2 - Grandia Xtreme $25

Quick ??, how are the following 2 games (can be any system):

Gladius
Prince of Persia

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
FeelGood said:
god all these fucking nerds read shit on the net then brave out into the sunlight to score a really koll deal then get home all sweaty and shity to put it up on ebay. after fees and everything you make less than $10. not to mention the gas you wasted, the time it takes you to mail it out, jesus. i wish people would just let those that wanted to actually play the fuckiing game go out and buy it. games are too fucking expensive and i hope the video game market goes belly up those selfish bastards. here we are in probably the peak of home console popularity, using the cheapest medim imagineable and we still paying $50 a pop.

btw i dont want any of those games. i would however be very interested in a $50 gamecube i might actually buy my first console if i could get one of those. would i prolly have to ask them to ring it up to see the true cost if i went today?

I hear ya dude. Game prices dropped a little (down $10 to $40) when PSX came out, but for the most part, games have been $50 ever since I can remember. I remember as a little kid standing at Target and looking at the NES game section and seeing Zelda I for $50 or so. What gives? Discs are much cheaper to produce than carts. Then again, the cost of developing games is much more expensive than it used to be. It still doesn't balance out tho.