Twin Peaks WTF is this....

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The pilot used to actually be much harder to come by than the rest of the show. For whatever reason, it was licensed for home video separately than the rest of season 1, so for its video release it was originally a standalone thing. I bought the first season on DVD way back when then had to rent the pilot separately from Blockbuster.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Or maybe he knew how she was gonna look in the future. I don't know if shes going to be on the new show or not, but she almost looks unrecognizable now.

Hopefully the new show turns out good.

She is going to be in the new season.

I really hope the new season is awesome. I've been looking forward to this for a while. It better be a lot of super crazy weird creepy black lodge stuff. I'm definitely going to have to start re-watching the series again before the new season premiers.

Too bad some characters won't be in the show because they died. This list includes Jack Nance (Pete Martell), Don S. Davis (Major Garland Briggs, who might have been able to be a big part of the upcoming season IMO), Catherine E. Coulson (Log Lady), and Frank Silva (Bob, he also would have probably had a big part in the new season as well). Lara Flynn Boyle won't be in it, but who cares? Her character kinda sucked and she looks WAAAAAYYY worse than Sherilyn Fenn these days.

As a bonus, at least Miguel Ferrer (Agent Albert Rosenfield) was able to be in it before his recent death.

BTW whenever the new season starts, this better not be the Twin Peaks thread that gets used to discuss it. That would be lame.

Also, OP: Just stick with it, it's like the corniest soap opera mixed with David Lynch weirdness. It's great.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
She is going to be in the new season.

Lara Flynn Boyle won't be in it, but who cares? Her character kinda sucked and she looks WAAAAAYYY worse than Sherilyn Fenn these days.

My bad. I got them mixed up. Yeah, Lara Flynn Boyle got too much plastic surgery. I didn't mind her character though, though I didn't really like her, specially after she used that guy to get the diary.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
My bad. I got them mixed up. Yeah, Lara Flynn Boyle got too much plastic surgery. I didn't mind her character though, though I didn't really like her, specially after she used that guy to get the diary.

I was almost going to tell you to get your eyes checked.

Marek

Banned
fuckin poppy in the house lmbo

Popperz tell us when and how and where you watched TWIN PEAKS

My dad was a fan and bought me season one on DVD probably in 2003. I didn't watch season two till much later. All hail Wyndham Earle.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
We're not gonna talk about Judy at all, we're gonna keep her out of it.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
We're not gonna talk about Judy at all, we're gonna keep her out of it.

Shit, I forgot about her. Although she's only in Fire Walk with Me, but so is David Bowie as well. He too would probably have had a bigger role in the upcoming season if he were still alive.

Man, some actors who play pretty key characters from the show died before this was made. Bummer. Proves that this should have happened ten years ago or so.

Marek

Banned
Shit, I forgot about her. Although she's only in Fire Walk with Me, but so is David Bowie as well. He too would probably have had a bigger role in the upcoming season if he were still alive.

Man, some actors who play pretty key characters from the show died before this was made. Bummer. Proves that this should have happened ten years ago or so.

Post that makes me sorta tear up at a party though

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I have watched three episodes and well this is damn good coffee is the only thing memorable. It seems like they were trying to be too edgy and weird at the time. I'm gonna watch a few more episodes. The chick with the eyepatch is kinda funny.

I am just amazed djjimmyjames has only 649 posts but we all know him. It's gotta be the username. Nearly 12 years and all that time but yeah he's felt like he's always been here.

I'm a creeper lol.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
For dumb-dumbs just watching this, you really need to at least see a Lynch movie before diving into this series. I've seen more people than not get almost immediately turned off by the show because they go in with high expectations and are totally baffled within 20 min. It's a parody of a soap opera on acid.

People also need to remember this was broadcast on one of the big channels in primetime, I think at that point going up agains Dallas or some shit. It was beyond ground breaking.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
EBF.jpg

simpson_tp.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Please tell me this gets better I feel like I'm missing why this was good. I felt that the acting was horrible and way over dramatic in the pilot. Maybe it is just to out of date for me.

Here you are, listing all the best things about it. It's great to have a show that is so inaccessible... and the way it is outdated? Just like me ;).

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
This is the water, and this is the well.

Drink full, and descend.

The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This is the water, and this is the well.

Drink full, and descend.

The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.

We are going to hear this sampled in so many songs to come.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I didn't want to say anything. I just started watching the original series, and i'm definitely intrigued. I can see the style being quite contentious, but it's clicking with me right now.