*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Don't know if this was posted here already, but it seems that there is an interview with a Visco staffer in the recent Breakers Collection who worked on Breakers in regards to Crystal Legacy (the earliest incarnation of the game). Turns out that it was 80% complete but the team was not very happy with how it turned out. The staff member said that it was very different compared to Breakers

From what little we've seen, it looks much more like a Power Instinct game than what Breakers ended up becoming.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Well, considering "Tenrin no Sho - SHIKAGO" had been actually showcased in a playable prototype form at either an AOU or AM show (sorry, can't bother to check the extact data now), it's pretty likely it was way more completed a software than just 80% I think. :-)

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
How long will any of these prototype carts last anyway? It's up to them to do whatever the hell they want with their property, but if they don't have these baked up won't they simply die? Were these boards all mask roms, eeproms with exposed windows, or what? Probably too broad a question, but you just know some prototypes had to have been lost by now just due to people sitting on them.
damn bro you been gone like 5 years where you been

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Maybe he just wanted to share them with the world until he was rudely attacked. Thanks to your trolling these games may never see the light of day.
Historically speaking, either attack or kiss his ass have the same effect on a proto owner: nothing.
Maybe they are selfish ppl that feels kings of the world by owning them, maybe they hate the rest of the community, but for sure "rudely attack" them is not the way we will ever get our hands on any unreleased stuff. Think about it, you show something the rest don't have. 9 people greet you. 1 shows hate because the simple reason he don't have that stuff. The result from the mind of the proto owner: "1 people hates me, fuck off". End of the movie.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
What i don't get is... why don't any proto owner do a run of 100 copies or whatever amount? They get money, they receive community award, honor and general applause, they get a king's place on neogeo history for the decades to come. How do they want to be remembered?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
What i don't get is... why don't any proto owner do a run of 100 copies or whatever amount? They get money, they receive community award, honor and general applause, they get a king's place on neogeo history for the decades to come. How do they want to be remembered?
Because in their selfish, amoeba sized brains, it risks the ROMs getting dumped and we unworthy peasants getting access is unacceptable to them.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
CPV6yxj.jpg

Damsco

n00b
It won't be long before AI is smart enough to recreate these games based on the videos that @RoU2022 released, so the clock is ticking to release the originals before we have pretty decent playable imitations out there.

I am not kidding.

Its only a matter of time before we reach the point where some Italian or French pays so much for this shit that it becomes worthwhile to recreate something and sell it off as 'undiscovered prototype' on eBay. Whether by AI or not.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
didn't know you were such a fan of NCI's treasure of the caribbean
It's decently fun. Of course I'd like the original version coded in the 90's, but otherwise I just wish it was coded like a real Neo Geo game and didn't play so slow. AI can probably fix that too.

That aside, as @Damsco alluded to, there is the real danger that eventually someone will make an imitation that's difficult to distinguish from an original.

Last edited:
I'm scared, this ai is going to destroy civilization.
I'm moving into the hills and starting my own cult. U guys want to join? I have rare neo-geo prototypes!

KGRAMR

Another Striker
It won't be long before AI is smart enough to recreate these games based on the videos that @RoU2022 released, so the clock is ticking to release the originals before we have pretty decent playable imitations out there.

I am not kidding.

Goddamit. I really don't like that prospect...