USA #1!

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
In confirmed covid-19 cases.

I was looking at the numbers earlier this morning and was thinking it was still a few days away.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
How about NY...

Uh... I guess the hospital beds are already filled up?

News the last couple days says Louisiana is going to show up NY pretty soon. Maybe Mardy Gra's didn't help.

Profit.jpeg
I made this

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Michigan’s governor has exempted Churches from being fined if they have groups over 50, so maybe eclypse was on to something.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Packed churches are much more efficient than handling rattlesnakes.

Put on your Stephen Miller or Sebastian Gorka or Steve Bannon hat, and tell me about the potential impact of a racial-religiously neutral order to ignore large crowds during a pandemic in a state with one of the largest muslim enclaves in the nation?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
exempt from reason.

giphy.gif

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wizman how you doing in Bangkok recently. I was there for a month last year. It's simultaneously the worst and best city.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
How do you know im here?

Hows China? Government still lying to the people?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wizman wtf you told us you bought an apartment there last time you were around

Truthfully speaking - IN MY EXPERIENCE - things have been kind of back to normal. Reportedly, there have been no local transmissions in more than two weeks, and the only new infections are those coming back to China by plane.

For about 20+ days now, I've seen many people outside and businesses re-open in Beijing. Obviously they go over-the-top with precautions and the biggest thing is schools are still not open, but...IN MY EXPERIENCE...there are no transmission. I've taken the bus, I've taken the subway, I've gone around the past 20 days now and I'm still alive.

February was a dark moment. When the Party said to stay in their homes, people did just that. The virus is seemingly starved out.

That said - who the fuck knows what is going on in Wuhan. They are living a completely different life from what I am in Beijing.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
From what Ive read online... Beijing and shanghai were completely devoid of any infections. Were the police stationed outside turning people back? Everywhere else got hit.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Basically their draconian measures have proved successful, and I say that as a guy who constantly thinks of the Party as the greatest threat to the world.

Everytime I leave my apartment complex, I have to show them my 'entrance-exit card'. Everytime I come back, I gotta get my temperature checked.

Everytime I go into a restaurant (which are really most of the only businesses opened, and even then most are still closed), I have to give my name, passport number, etc and then scan a QR code to show I have not left Beijing in more than two weeks.

Who could have ever predicted things would get so bad. Here I am, April 1, still home for the most part because there's not much else to do. This shit hit the fan January 23.

How are things in Thailand though?

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Its not as bad as that, but you get scanned going into any large area. The subway, the mall, and my own building. You have to face the wall when in an elevator. And generally wear a mask when out in public. Things are shut down for the most part. But everything is highly organized and all the grocery stores have lots of food to sell. Unlike in Canada, where things are a shitshow madhouse.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Basically their draconian measures have proved successful, and I say that as a guy who constantly thinks of the Party as the greatest threat to the world.

Everytime I leave my apartment complex, I have to show them my 'entrance-exit card'. Everytime I come back, I gotta get my temperature checked.

Everytime I go into a restaurant (which are really most of the only businesses opened, and even then most are still closed), I have to give my name, passport number, etc and then scan a QR code to show I have not left Beijing in more than two weeks.

Who could have ever predicted things would get so bad. Here I am, April 1, still home for the most part because there's not much else to do. This shit hit the fan January 23.

How are things in Thailand though?

Have you seen people get come back after getting checked positive for covid19? I imagine they simply disappear.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Have you seen people get come back after getting checked positive for covid19? I imagine they simply disappear.

Oh, I'm certain they do. That said, 20+ days here in Beijing and everyone is out on the streets, walking or whatever. People are back at work.

I truly do not like being seen as a mouthpiece for the CCP as you seem to think I am, but I can not emphasize enough how the people seriously stayed inside their homes for a month. For all of February, Beijing was a ghost town aside from supermarkets. The delivery guys kept this country running. The guys working for shit kept this country going, absolutely.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Oh, I'm certain they do. That said, 20+ days here in Beijing and everyone is out on the streets, walking or whatever. People are back at work.

I truly do not like being seen as a mouthpiece for the CCP as you seem to think I am, but I can not emphasize enough how the people seriously stayed inside their homes for a month. For all of February, Beijing was a ghost town aside from supermarkets. The delivery guys kept this country running. The guys working for shit kept this country going, absolutely.

But how do you know it's the same person....

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
But how do you know it's the same person....

I am outside quite a bit now. I take public transport. I walk around for hours. I see people on sidewalks as much as I did before this (which is a fucking lot of people). If I stop posting, then you will know it is that bad.