VF's Akira cameo in DOA 5

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
That clip is hilarious!

I have found my purpose in life : send as many opponents into the clown cannon as possible.

And ensure Zack becomes wigless in all my fights against him.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Sarah from VF also made the cut. Check out this new character she's fighting against. He dresses like Goh and fights like Jean Kujo and Hwoarang.

Here's another video of Akira, this time fighting Lei Fang

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Loving these videos, thanks for posting. That new character was revealed a while ago along with Bass:

Last edited:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Sarah from VF also made the cut. Check out this new character she's fighting against. He dresses like Goh and fights like Jean Kujo and Hwoarang.

Much more Korean style like Hwoarang(Tang soo do/Tae Kwon Do) than Jean who uses Kyokushin Karate.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Much more Korean style like Hwoarang(Tang soo do/Tae Kwon Do) than Jean who uses Kyokushin Karate.
PRETTY MUCH...
although I was definitely getting hints of Ein thrown in with this Korean mix... dressed like Goh.

Pretty epic mix if I was honest!

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member

Oh most definitely but some of his animations are the same as Jean's.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
kinda generic design, but at least he looks like someone who can fight.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
kinda generic design, but at least he looks like someone who can fight.

he's like an amalgam of preexisting "cool guy" characters. he'll surely attract n00bs. He got my attention LOL. I think it was moreso because of his fighting style than how he looks though because his design doesn't jump right out and say "YOU HAVE TO USE ME".

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
New character:

"Let's spar"

"ok"

*City is obliterated, millions die*

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Even though Tekken Tag 2 just came out and it's sitting right there on my play pile, and is probably the better game, I am more psyched about this for some reason.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Even though Tekken Tag 2 just came out and it's sitting right there on my play pile, and is probably the better game, I am more psyched about this for some reason.
SAME...
I'm not pumped for TTT2 at all though tbh. I just see it as an upgrade to T6 and, subsequently, will wait until it comes down in price until I decide to acquire it. Pointless paying full price for a title that is just going to devalue whilst sat there in it's own seal, eh?

DOA5 looks like something different and a bit fresher too. Almost as if DOA4 didn't even exist! I just looks more interesting to me > TTT2. I RARELY buy games on day of release anymore, but I can easily see myself not being able to resist DOA5 when I see it sat all pretty on the shelf there. Only time will actually tell I guess...

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Me and my crew will get some play out of TTT 2 this weekend, I'm sure. So my copy, at any rate, won't sit there depreciating.

But I have a feeling DOA 5 will be something I break out and start playing immediately.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
3rd Fighter Chronicle video was also released, and they talked about the stages. In case you missed the previous two, I'm posting all 3 of them:

Getting it day 1.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Everyones excited about DOA5 and I'm sitting here drooling over a DOA2 Naomi cart. Maybe i'll pick up DOA5 once its cheap as chips.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
VF's Pai Chan added to the roster:

http://cyberfanatix.com/2012/09/12/dead-or-alive-5-mila-trailer-and-pai-chan-confirmed/

Dead_Or_Alive_5_13474834503812.jpg

Would have preferred a male character (Lau would have been perfect for me), but any VF addition is good I guess.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
The video at the top of this page sold me from day one. So funny.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I don't understand the whole online pass thing. Is this a surcharge for people that buy the game used? What about new buyers?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I don't understand the whole online pass thing. Is this a surcharge for people that buy the game used? What about new buyers?

You get a one-time code packaged with the game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I hope they don't ruin DOA with all this Virtua Fighter garbage.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I tried the game at a local game show:

The game's presentation was aesthetically appealing for me. From backgrounds to characters' animations and facial expression.

I was a little disappointed at the gameplay at first. It was much closer to the DoA games than VF. After few matches, I started to get the hang of it, and got the chance to play against a decent player. I ended up enjoying the game a lot. I am so hyped to to explore the characters in practice mode now. Compared to previous DoA's, I liked how the damage was scaled down a lot. It encourages you to rely more on attacking than just randomly spamming counters and throws. The counters timing wasn't as strict as I hoped though (probably slightly more strict than previous DoA's, if not the same).

Edit: Just to clarify, I've never played or seen DoA4.

Last edited: