Visco License Obtained by Pixelheart Games

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
No PCB pics online, right? Curious if they are half height like the Blaze repros from AliEx

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
No PCB pics online, right? Curious if they are half height like the Blaze repros from AliEx
For publishing new Neo Geo carts, getting the Ali Express people to do it would be a lot more cost effective than designing your own PCB's.

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
BXPcq2F.jpg

List of games included in the VISCO Mini Arcade Bartop:

Asuka & Asuka (1988)
Maze of Flott (1989)
Galmedes (1992)
Andro Dunos (1992)
U.N. Defense Force: Earth Joker (1993)
Goal! Goal! Goal! (1995)
Neo Drift Out (1996)
Breaker’s Regenve (1998)
Captain Tomaday (1999)
Ganryu (1999)
Bang Bead (2000)
Bang 2 Busters (2011)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
$230 Euros? I guess that's not bad since it's not some tiny thing.

Posting about it here because we'll don't think it's worth starting new thread up for it.

But just brought the ps4 release of Verdict Guilty (pixelheart distributing the latest versions) and on arcade noticed they added sho, tia and sazio (plus some old wwe wrestler) from Breakers as extra bosses. Didn't know they were going to be in it, did anyone?

Really not going to be surprised if pixelheart has been begging snk to let them be a team in kofxv

Yoshi

20 Year Member

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
20231028_135903.jpg
20231028_140036.jpg

Finally got Pixel Heart's Neo Geo CD release of Battle Flip Shot. The quality of the packaging is great (black and white manual with lots of art), but the content of the disc is incredibly cheap! They DID manage to get the game working on NGCD by moving some of the in-game music to CD red book audio tracks. However, many of the tracks have junk noise at the beginning (how hard is it to fix that in an audio editing program?). They even included a track with the Neo Geo opening chime for some reason, even though that never gets played on a CD bios. The game is running in AES mode with limited credits (I think there's a flag in the P rom that controls this, maybe $0107 ?). Of course the entire game loads in a single load, with no custon load screen. I captured a quick video to demonstrate. My overall rating is 'okay.'

I've never opened my Andro Dunos and Bang Bang Busters NGCD's from NCI. I wonder if they're of similar quality.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I guess the main complaint is the poorly edited audio tracks. Everything else is fine. It would be nice if they had the original source recordings of the music in full quality, but I guess I don't expect them to (the tracks are just recordings of the monoraul cart music).

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Nice packaging, zero effort put into the actual game.

Perfect for the Neo in this day and age sadly
It seems that original homebrew releases for the Neo Geo (i.e. The Eye of Typhoon) have more effort put into them than some of the JoshProd/Pixelheart releases, which is franklyn baffling XD

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The Eye of Typhoon is the most soulful homebrew the system will ever see and it's sad it will not get the proper recognition because it is """"technically"""" a port of a fighting game no one really cared for originally

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The Eye of Typhoon is the most soulful homebrew the system will ever see and it's sad it will not get the proper recognition because it is """"technically"""" a port of a fighting game no one really cared for originally
I thought it was really weird with all the gooby stuff added in like "toasty" memes that appear left/right of the screen. So instead of the original Toasty guy from Mortal Kombat, you get Jean Claude Van Damme and other modern day memes.

Nobody wanted just a straight recreation of Typhoon?