Voltron

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The only one I've seen pop up is the wacky looking custom ones made in Italy that the guy wants $1500.00 for. Do you have a link to this new one?
Seems small though
http://plamoya.com/en/mazinger-z-aphrodite-a-soul-of-chogokin-gx08-40th-anniv-p-102675.html
This one seems small too
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/liberally-interpret-designs-as-practical-and-effective.263999/page-10
This one looks way modern
http://darksidetoy.com/Mazinger-Z-Aphrodite-A-Action-Figure-by-ThreeZero
This one is out there, I've seen it around but it's not what I had.

Here's a cheaper one but it's sold, maybe a connection there?
http://www.todocoleccion.net/figuras-munecos-manga/afrodita-mazinger-z-49cm-caja~x39002058

This one is for sale ATM
http://www.todocoleccion.net/figuras-munecos-manga/rarisimo-muneco-robot-afrodita-48-5-cm-buscado-anime-manga-mazinger-z-figura-grande-kaiyodo~x37539330

Let me know if you need any help communicating or reading the info.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Yeah that video is of the one from Italy. I haven't heard good things about it. Those darkside ones are awesome though. The Garada K7 from that line is amazing.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's Jeeg. He predates Transformers and He-Man by about one decade.

Kotetsu_Jeeg_DVD_Vol5.jpg

They did a remake of it several years back.

capa.gif

edit: whoops, beaten to it by DecepticonZero and stefan. Oh, well.
Si! Ese es EL VENGADOR QUE SE TRANSFORMA EN UN ROBOT...Tiene poderes sin igual!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You have to watch this one, the music is awesome!!!!

TIENES LA VELOCIDAD DE LA LUZ!!!

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I knew right away it wasn't the same thing. I've never seen the one I got except for the one I got when I was a kid, I didn't play with it much as it was not Mazinger, lol, you know, I was a kid, it was all about Mazinger and Gladiador...Have you ever seen the Dragon ship for Gladiador, you know the one that uses the torso as the head? It's Massive, didn't have that but a friend did, it was insane. I should look for that online and see if it's still a thing, never seen it anywhere else either...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Yeah, I knew right away it wasn't the same thing. I've never seen the one I got except for the one I got when I was a kid, I didn't play with it much as it was not Mazinger, lol, you know, I was a kid, it was all about Mazinger and Gladiador...Have you ever seen the Dragon ship for Gladiador, you know the one that uses the torso as the head? It's Massive, didn't have that but a friend did, it was insane. I should look for that online and see if it's still a thing, never seen it anywhere else either...

Yes Jumbo Daiku Maryu. My cousin had one that vanished when he passed away. Here is a picture:

image_zps8a66025e.jpg

I know he paid around 7 or 8k for it back in the mid 2000s, I can only imagine what it's worth now.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...the memories...

I remember mixing up with Metroplex, Greyskull, Mumra's Sarcofagus and the Gladiator ship, we would set up bases and go to town...we eventually stopped playing with the Jumbos in favor of He-Man, later on Thundercats but we abandoned ship when TR and G.I. Joe where hot, it was all about them and using the stuff for the other toys to make setups for G.I. Joe, they were so small that the bases and vehicles worked perfect for them. I used to lock their hands together and send them down a zipline from the balcony to the backyard, it was the mission, it was the life...GO JOE!

Edit: Well before TR, there was this ships that would transform into robots, it was a very simple transformation, the robot was basically the bottom of the ship and you uncovered his head, had a sword and the works, never saw a cartoon for it but the toy was awesome, never knew what it was called or nothing but this was before I ever watched Voltron...

Edit #2: Does anyone remember the Watch Robots? You know the LCD display the time on the chest and they sorta transformed like soundwave but this was I think before TR as well, they transformed into this little robots and you'd take it of the Watch wrist, they were awesome, I had a red one and a blue one...I used to pretend that was my transforming bracelet like El Vengador had the pendant...good times...lol.

Last edited:

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
I haven't heard of most of these. Very cool stuff! I've listened to the Silverhawks intro many times today. I'll look around for the shows... If they put that much effort in the intro, it must be a good show!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
...the memories...

I remember mixing up with Metroplex, Greyskull, Mumra's Sarcofagus and the Gladiator ship, we would set up bases and go to town...we eventually stopped playing with the Jumbos in favor of He-Man, later on Thundercats but we abandoned ship when TR and G.I. Joe where hot, it was all about them and using the stuff for the other toys to make setups for G.I. Joe, they were so small that the bases and vehicles worked perfect for them. I used to lock their hands together and send them down a zipline from the balcony to the backyard, it was the mission, it was the life...GO JOE!

Edit: Well before TR, there was this ships that would transform into robots, it was a very simple transformation, the robot was basically the bottom of the ship and you uncovered his head, had a sword and the works, never saw a cartoon for it but the toy was awesome, never knew what it was called or nothing but this was before I ever watched Voltron...

Edit #2: Does anyone remember the Watch Robots? You know the LCD display the time on the chest and they sorta transformed like soundwave but this was I think before TR as well, they transformed into this little robots and you'd take it of the Watch wrist, they were awesome, I had a red one and a blue one...I used to pretend that was my transforming bracelet like El Vengador had the pendant...good times...lol.

I used to do the zipline thing with GI Joes as well as putting shopping bag handles under there arms and tossing them into the air so they could parachute.

I had a few of those robot watches too...those were the shit.

Last edited:

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
I used to do the zipline thing with GI Joes as well as putting shopping bag handles under there arms and tossing them into the air so they could parachute.

That's a great memory! I know what I'm going to do tomorrow!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man, I remember the toy soldiers with the parachutes, those were a dime a dozen, remember those, I must have gone through dozens of them as a child...why didn't I ever think of taking the parachutes off and putting them on the G.I. Joes...god damn the possibilities...you can always learn something new, lol.

51375451.jpg

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I remember having gi Joes that had backpacks you folded the parachutes into, fun times.

Silver hawks were amazing. I loved them and Thundercats where the bad guys talked like Rufus from sfiv.

Monstar was the best villain with that sweet cyborg squid mount.
https://youtu.be/ql5q4TYxDgs

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lunattacks, is it moonattacks in English? The fat dude with the funny pods for legs, he could totally be Ruffus, lol.