Vote! English Aero Fighters 3 & Euro + Dog-Tag Power Spikes 2 AES releases.

Based on the facts revealed to you, carefully consider your conclusion.

• I'm 100% convinced that these are indeed SNK original productions.

Votes: 53 26.6%
  • I'm NOT 100% convinced that these are SNK authentic.

Votes: 146 73.4%

• Total voters

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Pretty much. I think we can assume AF3 and PSII were meant to be review copies, at the least. They certainly don't belong on the master list because they never went to retail.

I -kind of- agree, but review copies are what get put on the shelves. So would this be classified as a retail game since it IS finished, or is it classified as a proto despite being retail quality?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pretty much. I think we can assume AF3 and PSII were meant to be review copies, at the least. They certainly don't belong on the master list because they never went to retail.

The secret source mail ordered one set, and got another at SNK? That's not exactly how review copies work.

Assuming this was 17 years ago, can you imagine a 20-35 year old fronting $1000+ for a box of shooters, and a box of a shitty fringe volley ball game, and keeping those minty fresh at a time when games simply were not kept minty fresh. Indeed, a time before crazy collectors obsessed with mint condition.

K.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Everyone in this thread loves teh c0ck, except me.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
The secret source mail ordered one set, and got another at SNK? That's not exactly how review copies work.

They mail it directly to you and mark it in some way/shape/form. With modern games, the UPC has been holepunched in the insert before they shrinkwrap it and send it on it's way. I have a review copy of LBP with the infamous Qur'an lyrics in the Jungle stage:

DSC02732.jpg

Cartridge games had non-color labels with the company logo and the name printined in a basic font, and return address sticker on the back of the shell. I can't confirm that SNK did this because I've never seen a review copy of any AES games.

Shawn

snkusa.com
In regards to the $8500 US KoF 2000 AES listing on the NeoStore, that was from my personal collection. A longtime regular customer approached me for this game and I said/explained that I only had my personal copy. My personal copy is comprised of the best condition parts of the games I’ve come across over the years and so I required a premium for me to consider parting with it.

He initially offered $7k, we eventually settled with $8.5k. I consider this price to greatly exceed the average market price, which is why I was willing to sell it. He told me that he needed some time before he could make the purchase so I listed it on the store. I explained that he could reserve the game by placing an order and choosing an alternative payment method such as check by mail, money order, or bank wire, then follow through with payment later on.

Time passed and he didn’t buy. He recently told me that he bought a copy elsewhere, which is fine since I told him upfront that there was no obligation if I made the pics and the listing. No harm no foul it wasn’t for all of the mudslinging that resulted from this listing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Typically, personal copies do sell for much more than regular copies. That's how collections work. The wheat separated from the chaff, what you keep for yourself is worth more.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Typically, personal copies do sell for much more than regular copies. That's how collections work. The wheat separated from the chaff, what you keep for yourself is worth more.

Chris Ray has one of his freaked carts at the official store selling for over 8 grand.

And we wonder where his ego comes from.

We can call NGF games fake shit all day, but it's fake shit that sales for 8 grand.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Chris Ray has one of his freaked carts at the official store selling for over 8 grand.

We can call NGF games fake shit all day, but it's fake shit that sales for 8 grand.

Not sure if you understand the difference between that situation and this one...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

and he's also being turned to as a reputable source for authenticating SNK goods

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
They mail it directly to you and mark it in some way/shape/form. With modern games, the UPC has been holepunched in the insert before they shrinkwrap it and send it on it's way. I have a review copy of LBP with the infamous Qur'an lyrics in the Jungle stage:

DSC02732.jpg

Cartridge games had non-color labels with the company logo and the name printined in a basic font, and return address sticker on the back of the shell. I can't confirm that SNK did this because I've never seen a review copy of any AES games.

How'd you end up with that? I'm curious.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

DSC02732.jpg

Why didn't they send you a box of them? Like 4-6 review copies?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Not sure if you understand the difference between that situation and this one...

Tonk's game he discovered is "officially" unproven to be legit SNK product. No one can say for 100% fact either way until harder proof comes forward ( the source )

The KOF2k for $8,500 has been proven to be unofficial SNK product. Losing their ass in court proved that as a judge believed SNK never authorized their freaked carts.

Collector value is collector value, but I don't understand how a neo game that a judge deemed "non-official SNK product" can be worth $8,500.

And furthermore, the stroking it does to Dion, Chris Ray and the legacy of NGF's ego.

That cart for 8 grand on the neo store's website tells me one thing; Dion won.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tonk's game he discovered is "officially" unproven to be legit SNK product. No one can say for 100% fact either way until harder proof comes forward ( the source )

The KOF2k for $8,500 has been proven to be unofficial SNK product. Losing their ass in court proved that as a judge believed SNK never authorized their freaked carts.

Collector value is collector value, but I don't understand how a neo game that a judge deemed "non-official SNK product" can be worth $8,500.

And furthermore, the stroking it does to Dion, Chris Ray and the legacy of NGF's ego.

That cart for 8 grand on the neo store's website tells me one thing; Dion won.

here, I'll make it easier for you.

You know the source of the US KoF 2000 home cart.

No one should give a shit about Dion and Chris R's decision to make a run of KoF 2000 games.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I reviewed it of course!

I kinda wish they did because it's worth an assload, and I could totally sell the extras. Maybe because there's only one ps3 here I'unno.. :lolz:

Who do you work for?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Get that cart autographed by Dion. Might be worth 15k.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Who do you work for?

Back then it was a vintage gameshop and online review site (they paid 600/mo. and the games were on the house). Very few of the games I kept, most of them I traded into work. Nowadays I'm working with a AAA developer on a a game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I kinda wish they did because it's worth an assload, and I could totally sell the extras. Maybe because there's only one ps3 here I'unno.. :lolz:

Dude, imagine if you went to the Japanese meeting for LBP, you could have gotten a rare Japanese review copy of LBP too...

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Actually, you are 100% wrong, and you know it. The KOF 2000 US was NEVER in question when Playmore tried to sue NGF in a frivolous lawsuit. This case was over copyrights and they lost - badly. Maybe you have not seen the press release? The one that Playmore had ot post on their website saying every cartridge NGF corrected was authorized and official?

http://web.archive.org/web/20050208171535/http://www.snkplaymore.jp/information/en_press15.html

As for the KOF 2000 English, the most investigated game in history, it has been known since release that the game was 100% official, true SNK Japan produced and shipped directly to NGF. Many many people called SNK Japan directly at release and it was confirmed of course.

As far as the value, $8500 is nowhere near out of bounds, as even on ebay, where prices are low when it comes to items like this since the buyer cannot be sure of the source.

Here is just one steal of a deal:

KOF 2000 English sells for 6000 Euro:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15079956227...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1182

The only video game cartridge to ever be to the Roof of Africa! "High Altitude Edition 093/100"

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Actually, you are 100% wrong, and you know it. The KOF 2000 US was NEVER in question when Playmore tried to sue NGF. This case was over copyrights and they lost - badly. Maybe you have not seen the press release? The one that Playmore had ot post on their website saying every cartridge NGF corrected was authorized and official?

http://web.archive.org/web/20050208171535/http://www.snkplaymore.jp/information/en_press15.html

As for the KOF 2000 English, the most investigated game in history, it has been known since release that the game was 100% official, true SNK Japan produced and shipped directly to NGF. Many many people called SNK Japan directly at release and it was confirmed of course.

As far as the value, $8500 is nowhere near out of bounds, as even on ebay, where prices are low when it comes to items like this since the buyer cannot be sure of the source.

Here is just one steal of a deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15079956227...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1182

Tech Support Chris Ray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Getting AIDS from your gay uncle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The rest of the forums Chris Ray