Want to learn more...?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Hey folks, if you want to learn more about what makes your arcade game board work, I'll be speaking at VCF Southwest in Dallas at the end of June. They have me down for 3 speaking slots, 2 of which would be applicable here:
  • Digital Logic Basics
  • Computer Circuit Basics
Digital Logic Basics will cover logic gates and what they do: AND, OR, Buffers, Inverters (NOT), NOR, NAND, ExOR, Latches, Decoders, and more...

Computer Circuit Basics will cover things like Clock, Reset, busses and control signals, address decoding, accessing RAM/ROMs, accessing Dynamic RAMs, and more.

Both sessions are things that will help you understand the circuits you're trying to repair.

If you make it out, stop by and say hi. My company, Arcadecomponents, is a show sponsor and I have a booth to man when I'm not speaking or running the build lab for the 8031-based computer kit I'm assembling for the show.

www.vcfsw.org

Thanks,

Raymond

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I can't physically be there but I'm happy to see this. Thanks so much for doing an educational presentation on circuits.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Hell yeah dude. I'll be excited to watch the YT videos.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
God knows i'd love to be there and talk with you, but unfortunately i don't travel to the USA too much lately :(
Have fun!

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
giphy.webp

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Possibility of you and 8-bit ever doing a video together on his channel?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Possibility of you and 8-bit ever doing a video together on his channel?
I've been in a couple of them... The VIC-20 and C128 repair / rebuild videos. The C128 one even made Reddit. You can find my PCjr in another one of his videos and I got a shout out for helping him with repairing his Compaq 8086 portable.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Monday at 02:20 I ordered 5 PCBs of the 8031 kit computer PCB from JLCPCB. they arrived today (Friday at 13:21)... That's 3 1/2 days from order and creation in China to my house in the Dallas, TX suburbs. WOW.

They soldered right up! On minor issue to address - the positive connection on the barrel jack for DC power is slightly undersized. That will be fixed tonight and 100 PCBs ordered for the show!

1685154905527.png

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Been BUSY!

Working up sign layouts, prepping items for the fundraising auction, finishing my presentations, and finishing up the items I'll be selling.

We sold out the last table tonight too.

I tell you guys that this has been a wild ride. 5 guys coming together to put on an expo that hasn't been done here in 10 years. We put our finances on the line that we'd be able to pull this off and we're making it happen! :)